Register
Email: Password:
Forum » The new gaming thread
  • « previous
  • » next
  • The new gaming thread

E_net4 12 years ago
    Huzzah!

And for the next experience, you should try Guitar Hero's Expert+ difficulty!

...As for me, I'm still waiting for Guitar Hero to feature Jag Panzer.
    #
    Narvius 12 years ago
    I don't like the guitars
    #
    E_net4 12 years ago
    "Narvius" said:
    I don't like the guitars
    Even though Expert+ is actually a drums-specific difficulty?
    #
    Murska 12 years ago
    I just finished re-fivestarring all GH3 songs on Expert on my laptop, because I didn't want to move my records from my desktop, because that would be cheating.
    #
    Narvius 12 years ago
    "E_net4" said:
    "Narvius" said:
    I don't like the guitars
    Even though Expert+ is actually a drums-specific difficulty?
    Oh.
    I need to consistently five-star the regular experts first, though.
    #
    MageKing17 12 years ago
    Screw Guitar Hero, go play Gitaroo Man.

In Master mode.

You will die.

And if you have no idea what Gitaroo Man is, this may enlighten you.
    #
    Narvius 12 years ago
    Terraria is out. :3
    #
    E_net4 12 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    Screw Guitar Hero, go play Gitaroo Man.
    That just looks like yet another enhanced version of a rhythm game... and it's way too Japanese for my likings. I'm not denying its possible difficulty, still I'm sticking to Guitar Hero.
    #
    Narvius 12 years ago
    So, 20 hours of Terraria later...

It's aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawesome. Seriously. It is.

I'm just afraid it might become an efficient flamewar starter (HEY GUIZE TERRARIA > MC).
    #
    Pete 12 years ago
    From what Ive seen it seems to be Minecraft 2D with competent developers, basically?

dontcorrectmedontcorrectme I already have too many time-sinks on my hands
    #
    E_net4 12 years ago
    Well, I'm afraid I'll have to let that one pass. And it's not just about sticking to Minecraft.

Has anyone seen the new Mortal Kombat? It has Babalities, apparently.
    #
    NeoGangster 12 years ago
    "Narvius" said:
    ...Terraria...
    It's aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawesome. Seriously. It is.
    QFT

can't stop playing it
    #
    Endymion 12 years ago
    Frozen Synapse is today officially out of beta!(and score will be reset in a week or so I think)

Also Terraria certainly was fun.
    #
    E_net4 12 years ago
    Nnnnnnew Minecraft version released, featuring maps, and Nether in multiplayer!
    #
    Zankman 12 years ago
    The world perplexes me at times... There are so many mysteries in the universe...

Like, how can people like such a awful bad game like Minecraft, yet hate on such a fantastic game like Terraria?

Anyways, playing Terraria. Currently trying to get a demonite pick, I gotta mine in the Corruption area. :S
    (and a good lagless server to play on would be good too)
    #
    Pete 12 years ago
    We will be right back after this random message:

Oh for gods sake Valve yes I know you worked hard on Source but really come on what would it KILL you to update your map editor JUST a little I mean come on when I need two buttons to do the same thing I should just have to place down an OR gate, not play with half a dozen entities that dont even work properly anyway AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Now returning to your scheduled broadcast.
    #
    Anonymous1157 12 years ago
    I haven't updated my Minecraft yet, and I won't until all the new bugs are resolved. I get too disoriented installing all of my mods.

... Oh, that reminds me! I need to copy my Minecraft directory before I reformat the XP partition if this antivirus I'm only just installing on 7 can't catch the trojan I seem to have caught.
    #
    Areetsa 12 years ago
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    Oh, that reminds me! I need to copy my Minecraft directory before I reformat the XP partition if this antivirus I'm only just installing on 7 can't catch the trojan I seem to have caught.
    Didn't your momma ever tell you never to open email attachments?

/other than that, hope it doesn't cause too many problems for you.
    #
    Narvius 12 years ago
    Btw., I finished Portal 2. It's neat. MUCH better executed than the first part, but less emotional impact.
    #
    E_net4 12 years ago
    "Narvius" said:
    Btw., I finished Portal 2. It's neat. MUCH better executed than the first part, but less emotional impact.
    Goodies. Don't forget the achievements though, they really hold some secrets.
    #
    "Areetsa" said:
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    Oh, that reminds me! I need to copy my Minecraft directory before I reformat the XP partition if this antivirus I'm only just installing on 7 can't catch the trojan I seem to have caught.
    Didn't your momma ever tell you never to open email attachments?

/other than that, hope it doesn't cause too many problems for you.
    It definitely wasn't an email attachment, but I don't actually know how I got it. In case anyone cares, it turns out that it was a Firefox trojan, not an OS one, and AVG was just being hypersensitive because of its heuristics capabilities. I deleted my profile and redownloaded my addons, and everything works now. Problem solved!

Edit: I hadn't actually solved it, and it turned out to be much more serious, and I have now. Legitimate pro tip: If anyone ever sees a system process running out of C:\Documents and Settings on their computer, you have a problem.
    #
    NeoGangster 12 years ago
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    ...but I don't actually know how I got it....
    it's a thing that most ppl don't know how the virus/trojan/worm/space invader/etc got on their computer
    #
    Vacuus 12 years ago
    Been looking at Google Images lately?

Some clever people have found a way to trick google images into displaying a different location for an image, even though when you click on the link you end up on a maliciuos domain that'll infect your PC with malware. Writeup here: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://stopmalvertising.com/malware-reports/russian-roulette-on-google-images.html">http://stopmalvertising.com/malware-rep ... mages.html</a><!-- m -->

Also, to remove the suspect file: just delete it (or the corresponding registry entries if you can find them). You may need to boot into safe mode first, and if you get "access is denied" when trying to access a folder/file, right click and select properties->security options->advanced and remove the 'deny' ACL. If you're not comfortable doing it yourself, rkill/super anti spyware are good tools to use.

In other news, The Witcher 2 is awesome. Anyone disagree?
    #
    Kario 12 years ago
    I recommend R-kill.
    #
    Vacuus 12 years ago
    You will need both. Rkill only kills the process, it won't delete any files.
    #
    No, really, I got it. There were 3 couple-hundred-kilobyte programs named as important system components hiding in my user profile, which I identified with Process Explorer and deleted with my multiboot Windows 7 ('cause they locked their files under XP). Then I ran AVG on both OSes. But thanks for all of the tips anyhow; Rkill might come in handy some day.

Now, back on topic! Anyone like Age of Empires much? AoE3 with everything on it (expansion-wise) runs very nicely with my new graphics card, and it's loads of fun too.
    #
    Narvius 12 years ago
    I once played AoE3 quite a bit. I liked the fact that it didn't have a medieval setting.
    Unlike AoE2, which I can't stand to this very day.
    #
    MageKing17 12 years ago
    "Narvius" said:
    Sadly, AoE2 was the only game I played in that series, so you might understand why I never was interested in AoE3.
    #
    Crazy 12 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    "Narvius" said:
    Sadly, AoE2 was the only game I played in that series, so you might understand why I never was interested in AoE3.
    No.

No, not really.
    #
    E_net4 12 years ago
    I have actually tried both AoE and AoE2, never got into AoE3. I don't know what would possibly make someone butt-hurt about AoE2.
    #
    "E_net4" said:
    I have actually tried both AoE and AoE2, never got into AoE3. I don't know what would possibly make someone butt-hurt about AoE2.
    Besides hard-coded resolutions and modern-hardware-related non-game-breaking graphics glitches, nothing. It's a wonderful game. And it even runs on my laptop! (Read: Pentium 2 @ 300MHz)
    #
    Crazy 12 years ago
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    "E_net4" said:
    Besides hard-coded resolutions and modern-hardware-related non-game-breaking graphics glitches, nothing. It's a wonderful game. And it even runs on my laptop! (Read: Pentium 2 @ 300MHz)
    Hum. I wonder if it would be possible to run it on the Android.
    #
    Narvius 12 years ago
    I consider it exceptionally boring (may have something to do with me not being into competetive play that much... but then again, I find SupCom quite entertaining, so).
    I actually also severely dislike Diablo, Diablo 2 and Starcraft, Warcraft 2, Warcraft 3 (I still play it 'cause of funmaps, though) as well as some other (non-Blizzard) classics. My choice of games makes me an outcast even among gamers!
    And when I need games that run nearly anywhere, I usually stick to roguelikes.
    #
    MageKing17 12 years ago
    "Narvius" said:
    I consider it exceptionally boring (may have something to do with me not being into competetive play that much... but then again, I find SupCom quite entertaining, so).
    I actually also severely dislike Diablo, Diablo 2 and Starcraft, Warcraft 2, Warcraft 3 (I still play it 'cause of funmaps, though) as well as some other (non-Blizzard) classics. My choice of games makes me an outcast even among gamers!
    And when I need games that run nearly anywhere, I usually stick to roguelikes.
    No no, I consider Age of Empires exceptionally boring and Supreme Commander quite entertaining. It comes from having played Total Annihilation before I played StarCraft. I can no longer take any RTS that is worse than Total Annihilation seriously.

Which is all of them (except SupCom).
    #
    Murska 12 years ago
    Heh. I consume all kinds of RTSs. The main thing is having a good, nice bunch of friends to play it with.

Hell, I've played SoaSE, Men of War, Starcraft, Age of Empires 2, Europa Universalis 3, Command & Conquer Generals (because the others didn't work on school computers without admin rights) and other strategy games with the same group and they're all damned fun.
    #
    Forum » The new gaming thread
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: