Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Notrium Modding Forum Cleanup

Notrium Modding Forum Cleanup

Quanrian 17 years ago
Since there has been so much distress in the past over what was removed and what wasn't I thought I'd open it for discussion this time. What should the criteria be for removal (something that isn't too time consuming hopefully) ? My initial thought was removing anything with a final post before 2006, which cuts this section of the forum down to 2 pages roughly. From there it would naturally be easier to remove junk threads that were quickly abandoned. I'm open to suggestions at least this one time (including threads you think are vital to remain).
#
Grim Reaper 17 years ago
I'm cool with that approach.
#
Quanrian 17 years ago
I'll give this a few days, so I can gather more opinions, otherwise I'm just going to proceed as I've suggested, removing anything with a final post before 2006. This doesn't mean the thread was created in 2006, just that the last post was made in 2006.
#
Grim Reaper 17 years ago
Effectively, that would mean you'd leave pages 1 and 2 intact and delete the rest.
#
Quanrian 17 years ago
Yep, that's about right. I'll give it just another day before I begin clearing out the old threads.
#
Anonymous1157 17 years ago
I thought I'd mention that you should leave anything vitally important to the history of Notrium Modding, like the mod threads for popular mods.
#
Anarion 17 years ago
Heh, I was about to suggest the same thing.
#
Madgamer 17 years ago
Me three.

The Intelligent Conversation forum should've been wiped a lot more carefully 'cause I lost some of my favorite topics that day.
#
Quanrian 17 years ago
"Anonymous1157" said:
I thought I'd mention that you should leave anything vitally important to the history of Notrium Modding, like the mod threads for popular mods.

If you would be so kind as to be specific on which threads you mean, you'll save me a lot of time. You'll also ensure they don't get removed.
#
"Quanrian" said:
"Anonymous1157" said:
If you would be so kind as to be specific on which threads you mean, you'll save me a lot of time. You'll also ensure they don't get removed.
I didn't have any specific threads in mind.

I'm sure that half of those threads are "Ima noob plz help me mod!!!" threads, so if you only got rid of those without limiting yourself to <2006, you'd probably still manage to cut a few pages from the subforum.
#
Quanrian 17 years ago
Alright, well it's done. I really didn't see much that was terribly historical. There were many abandoned mods that no one seemed to take interest in. I saved a few that I believe might inspire people to actually either finish the mods or start there own on the same theme. As you might of guessed there were a ton of threads asking questions, especially regarding Werivar and those were all removed. Anything where I couldn't distinguish, by the thread name, what the mod was about was also removed.
#
bwansy 17 years ago
Haven't been here for quite some time... why are there so many bots all of a sudden?
And can admins delete the bot accounts?
#
Quanrian 17 years ago
It's not that simple. These people are making accounts daily (I 'have' been deleting accounts). I will be looking into making one of our more regular members a moderator specifically for the Modding Forum section. The best we can do for now is keep pacing. They seem to think our forum is a great place to infect with their pointless ads.
#
Anarion 17 years ago
"Quanrian" said:
I will be looking into making one of our more regular members a moderator specifically for the Modding Forum section.
Really? Any hints as to who that person is?
#
I'm here almost daily, although I'm sure you could find someone who was more qualified in some other way.
#
Grim Reaper 17 years ago
If I may say so, I consider myself to be the most active member around.

Although I most definitely wouldn't want the job of a moderator... All that extra responsibility... >_>;
#
Crazy 17 years ago
I have no clue who it might me meself. Grim IS the most active member, but if he won't take the job i don't really know who else might get it...
#
Quanrian 17 years ago
In light of how often the spam seems to pop up in this forum I've locked it down. I'm trying to set it up so we have a special group for modders. This group will be able to create threads like Mods, while everyone else can do everything but create new threads. Perhaps this isn't the best plan, but it's what the forum supports.
#
Uh... The "You can and cannot do this and that" message at the bottom of the page says that I can't respond to polls. Did you intentionally do that, or is it attached to the one about making threads or something?
#
Quanrian 17 years ago
"Anonymous1157" said:
Uh... The "You can and cannot do this and that" message at the bottom of the page says that I can't respond to polls. Did you intentionally do that, or is it attached to the one about making threads or something?

You should be able to respond, just not create polls (it might be attached to creating polls). I'll check though. I did say I'm working it out. It took me a while just to get it set up as it is and phpbb is not all that friendly. Right now we should focus on adding responsible forum members to the new group I made.

---

Yeah I checked and it's separate but it was set to only work for the group. It's set to only registered users now. You should be able to vote for any polls already made now. Thanks for letting me know about that, so I could fix it.
#
... The hell? Did you turn on guest posting?

At this point, if you added restricted forum sections, we'd be all set. XD (That really was a joke)
#
Quanrian 17 years ago
"Anonymous1157" said:
... The hell? Did you turn on guest posting?

At this point, if you added restricted forum sections, we'd be all set. XD (That really was a joke)

I didn't 'turn it on', it simply was defaulted. I changed it to Registered users only. By the way that guest in the Werivar Expansion thread is Tom Paris.
#
Forum » Notrium Modding Forum Cleanup

Your email:
Your name: