Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Werewolf 4 - The goblet of Aer
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Werewolf 4 - The goblet of Aer

Amarth 17 years ago
    Prologue - The Vision

Crafter. Listen. I am Zbax'bara, the One, the Overlord. I come to you in a vision in your slumber, as I come to all Masters of the Guild of Summoning. The Coming of Vil'lo, the Destination, the End is near. You know it, for you are part of the Summoning and you studied the Prophecies. But, mortal, the Guild must pass one last obstacle, as was foretold in the Codex Adventibus, the Book, the Prophecy. Vend-Ahan, the Caring, the Passive has corrupted several of the Masters of the Art. They will try everything to stop the Summoning. Do not let this happen. This is the final assessment. I cannot aid you in a direct way, for the Gods of Fate cannot be tricked. But I can help some among you, those that I trust will help the Guild most. Traitors of the Guild, be warned! I have bestowed my Protective, my Inspective and my Manipulative powers on three of my most loyal Craftspeople. Every traitor we find will acquire a special place in the Citadel of Despair, Hell, Home.

Masters, Craftspeople, Followers, be vigilant. Servants of Vend-Ahan, Traitors, Fools, be alarmed.

What fun. The thesaurus have proved to be useful once again.

Anyway, let us see... We have:
    Masters of the Art [Craftspeople, Disciples, Followers] (Villagers)
    Traitors [Fools, Caretakers] (Wolves)
    Abjurer [Protector, Evader] (Guardian Angel)
    Augur [Inspector, Prophet, Clairvoyant] (Seer)
    Molder [Manipulator, Kin-Creator] (Cupid)
    Channeler [Summoner, Necromancer, Lifegiver] (Aer)
    Retaliator [Bitter One, Begrudger, Resentful One] (Crazy War Veteran)

End of night is Monday around 11 AM GMT. I don't want to work on it anymore today

Players are Anarion, E_net4, Gemini, Grim, Idiota, MageKing17, Murska, Nuk, Pete, Shingo and Vacuus. If anyone didn't get a role PM some days ago, you'd better tell me soon . If you got two of them, also tell me please .

Unclearness, PM me as usual.
    #
    Amarth 17 years ago
    Chapter 1 - The Resurrection

The clock strikes six. It is morning, and the Masters of the Art are gathered around the table. However, not all of them are there. Instead of the holy number of 11 Disciples, there are only 9 around the table. The Headmaster starts speaking.

"Masters, Brothers, Crafters. We all had the same vision tonight. The last test is upon us. And indeed. As it was described, it has passed. This night, our brother Shingo was attacked and murdered by the Traitors while doing his Crafting duty. Shingo, as we know, was one of the Disciples closest to the One. In fact, I believe he was the Molder, trusted by our Overlord with His Manipulative powers.

Brothers, listen. I read from the Codex Adventubis, the chapter of Testing.

And on the first night, a flame will be extinguished.
    The Channeler will see this, and act.
    He will prepare for one hour,
    he will attack the spirits for two hours,
    he will return with the flame for three hours
    and he will rest for four hours.
    And at the start of the eleventh hour,
    he will return among the burning,
    with two flames: his own
    and the extinguished one.

The Lifegiver is currently resting in his Obsidian Chamber, Brothers. He has made the descent to the spirit world and returned with the Flame of Shingo. This evening, we are with eleven, once again. Now, let us pray and eat. We have a long day of hard work before us."

Meanwhile, deep underground, in the Obsidian chamber, the Necromancer is not resting. The previous six hours, he made the journey to the spirit world, like he did so many times before. But this time, it was different. The Flame of a Master is not easy to control. The Flame of a Master, blessed by the Overlord, and thus watched by the Gods of Fate, is even harder to control. He had to fight hard, he had to take risks. And then, after three hours, it happened. Shingo, the Manipulator. He saw a way back the the Light, he saw a way to Burn again. So he took it. The following three hours, the Necromancer tried to hold him off, to keep him in control. It didn't work. Now, on the sixth hour, they have returned. The two Flames are burning again, on the same Candle, the Candle of the Necromancer.

But the Candle cannot sustain the two Flames. For the next four hours, the Necromancer-Flame tries to banish the Manipulator-Flame from the Necromancer-Candle. But he is not strong enough. The Manipulator is blessed by the Overlord. The Manipulator-Flame now Burns alone on the Necromancer-Candle. However, a Flame alone cannot completely extinguish another Flame. The Necromancer-Flame is driven from the Necromancer-Candle and now Smolders in a Cage in the Obsidian Chamber.

At the eleventh hour, the Necromancer-Candle emerges from the Obsidian Room. He carries with him the Necromancer-Flame in the Cage. He speaks to the Masters that were waiting for his appearance.
    "I have here the Flame that was Extinguished. I could not return it to its body. We shall place it on the altar as a remembrance to Shingo."
    The Headmaster answers: "Yes, Lifegiver. You have done all you could do. However, I have something else to say to you all. We must unmask the Traitors. We need to find and Extinguish them. We can only do this through Divine Intervention. This evening, we will Oracle. Each of us will touch the One, and ask His guidance and insight. With His help, we will find the Traitors.

Also, a servant of the Overlord visited me and informed me He wants a new Headmaster. I am only a Disciple, thus I will listen to Him. We will Oracle over this, too.

Now, let us return to our most important task, the Summoning. This evening, events will be set in motion that will determine our success or failure. The Testing Times are indeed among us. Be vigilant."

This was a bit hard to me... Shingo was Cupid, and he had selected Idiota. However, last time I also did it like this: I handled the wolves before Cupid. Then, one of the linkees was killed before the link was formed, so I didn't form the link. Now, Cupid was killed before he could form the link. It's kinda ambiguous, but I'll just do it like this. So, Idiota, I guess you got lucky.

Also, Aer, you are now Cupid. I'll PM you.

Today, we have both votes for Headmaster (Mayor) and lynching. End of day is Saturday, around 12h00 GMT. Don't delay voting till the last moment, thank you.
    #
    Murska 17 years ago
    So Aer forms a link now?
    #
    The Gemini 17 years ago
    Guess so.

So, my friends. We must find the traitors and Extinguish them! Show no mercy!
    #
    E_net4 17 years ago
    I don't think I can hold my tears of the loss of this brother.

Such offence will not be unpunished!
    #
    MageKing17 17 years ago
    'Tis a grievous hour for us all. Not only hath we lost one of our brethren to the traitors, but some of our brethren ARE traitors, and thus lost to us already.

We must find those who would want to harm Shingo, because they who did this must have had a reason.
    #
    E_net4 17 years ago
    I know Shingo would help us alot in our race to the traitors...
    And it seems they are well informed.
    #
    Idiota 17 years ago
    Or lucky. The gods have spoken to me. They will not hesitate to betray more of their kind; I fear MageKing is next on the list. But the gods have also given us their gifts, gifts we can use to counter them! The blessed abjurer, should he exist, must use his blessed powers to prevent this evil from happening!
    #
    MageKing17 17 years ago
    Verily, thy acting is far more melodramatic than my tastes would desire.

You doth have a point, however. Shingo and I were fairly likely targets for elimination, assuming the wol-- traitors were either A) Part of the wolf-group last time (therefore wanting revenge) or B) smart enough to realize who the biggest threats were. Thus it would seem highly likely that I would be targetted by the traitors. However, would not a similar line of thinking occur to a reasonably smart Abjurer? Whether or not it did, the traitors had to acknowledge the possibility, and thus struck for the slightly-lower-profile, though by the same token less-likely-to-be-protected target. What does that mean? Am I next? Again, that depends. The abjurer could protect me tonight. Then again, the abjurer might not. The traitors have to take that into consideration. They might go for a random target, one unlikely to be pretected... they might expect the abjurer to protect a random target in response to that threat, and go after me. I can think of numerous scenarios.
    #
    The Gemini 17 years ago
    It's not all about you, MK. The others pose an equally big threat, even me. The traitors would be fools if they underestimate AND overestimate the ones still loyal.

And even though some people may have more brainpower than others, that might not matter as long as they don't possess any powers.
    #
    E_net4 17 years ago
    And now, after theory, we must start voting. Breath deeply and vote with your souls.
    Donnot perform this responsible act of voting with your brain. It shalt confuse our blessed senses.
    #
    Pete 17 years ago
    ...what?

Ok, but seriously, I have no idea who to vote on. Suggestions?
    #
    Nuklearni-okurka 17 years ago
    Vote to lynch yourself
    #
    Murska 17 years ago
    Yeah, what a good suggestion. (/sarcastic)
    #
    E_net4 17 years ago
    "Nuklearni-okurka" said:
    Vote to lynch yourself
    Silly jokes, this is serious!
    Are you planning to remove these traitors or not?
    #
    Amarth 17 years ago
    24 hours left to vote for both Headmaster and Extinguishment.
    #
    MageKing17 17 years ago
    Do we even have any candidates for Headmaster?

Because if we don't, I suppose I should nominate myself.

As for extinguishment... I don't think we have enough information yet. It's like last time, we can't make decisions with the only piece of evidence being ONE death.
    #
    The Gemini 17 years ago
    At least Extinguishing WOULD give us some clue of who's traitors, even if we would be so unlucky to Extinguish a loyalist.

I'm nominating myself. One candidate ain't enough.
    #
    Idiota 17 years ago
    I vote MageKing for our major.

Lynching will be a bit trickier... :s Only person that I can think of to lynch for a reason is Gemini, but that reason is faulty. Yet I'm going for it anyways... Don't feel bad about me please.

Vote for lynch goes to Gemini.
    #
    Anarion 17 years ago
    Hmmm, I guess I should say something before my silence makes me look suspicious.

I agree with MK about the lynching, there just isn't enough clues at this stage to attempt to eliminate someone. Therefore I once again abstain from the first vote.

I vote MageKing17 as mayor. No particular reason here. I couldn't decide who to vote for so I flipped a coin.
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    *yawn* I guess I almost forgot about this thread for a while, and now I'm just too tired to come up with nothing but a vote.

MageKing17 for Headmaster!
    #
    MageKing17 17 years ago
    "Idiota" said:
    I vote MageKing for our major.

Lynching will be a bit trickier... :s Only person that I can think of to lynch for a reason is Gemini, but that reason is faulty. Yet I'm going for it anyways... Don't feel bad about me please.

Vote for lynch goes to Gemini.
    I voted almost at random as well, though I voted in private, so I wouldn't trigger a bandwagon... or give the traitors someone to pile votes on.
    #
    Nuklearni-okurka 17 years ago
    Lynch Grim!

Mayor MK!
    #
    Murska 17 years ago
    Lynch:Abstain

Mayor: MK. Everyone seems to be voting him, anyway, so it doesn't matter.
    #
    Amarth 17 years ago
    Evening. The Crafters have arrived in the Chapel. They are silent now, in individual meditation. They are trying to contact the Overlord. Or are they? Some of them find their spiritual energy flowing towards Vend-Ahan, the Caring. Vend-Ahan, who tries to halt the Summoning. Who thinks the world should not go to the Destination. Vend-Ahan, the Passive, who thinks the world should remain as it is, stagnant for eternity. From the Outer Planes, the Gods of Fate watch this critical moment. They already know how it is going to finish, but they enjoy the Play every time it is shown to them.

"Crafters. It is I, the One, Zbax'bara. I have listened to your prayers. I have reached a conclusion. Listen to each other, and you will know My decision."

The first one to speak is Murska. "In the wisdom of the One, I offer my opinion to the Guild. MageKing17 should be the new Headmaster." Grim is next. "I, too, have been granted insight. MageKing17 will be the new Headmaster." Nuk, Anarion, Idiota and MageKing himself all support this view. There is only one who opposes them. The Gemini speaks: "I have spoken with the Overlord. Although He advised many among you to support MageKing, He also said that it might be unwise to trust one Master. That one person might just turn out to be a Traitor. I present myself as Headmaster."

Yet, no one supports him. There is silence from Vacuus, E_net4 and Pete. No one knows - are they silent on purpose? Or did they not reach the One? Oracling is a tricky thing, and not all are as good at it as Masters are supposed to be.

MageKing stands up. "It seems, my brothers, I am to be your new Headmaster. I will take this hard and tiring task upon me, as has been asked of me by the One. We will do the official ceremony later, when time isn't as precious as it is at the moment. Let us now return to our trance, and try to find the Traitors among us. Crafters, chant with me." For ten minutes, they praise the One. On the eleventh minute, they are silent, once again in deep meditation.

Two hours later, on the 121st minute, they wake up from the trance. Once again, they thank Zbax'bara. Then, they shout, each of them in turn. They shout one name, hard, as if they want to spit the name out and never hear it again afterwards, as if that one name is the incarnation of everything that opposes them in their quest.
    MageKing: "Nuk!"
    Idiota: "Gemini!"
    Grim: "Anarion!"
    Gemini: "MageKing!"
    Nuk: "Grim!"
    Murska, Anarion, Vacuus, E_net4 and Pete remain silent.

Exactly 2 minutes and one second later, Nuk drops dead on the floor of the Chapel. Immediately, all the nine remaining Masters are filled with fear. The have shared a vision, send to them by the One. They saw Nuk being beaten, drowned, whipped, crucified, burned, beheaded, poisoned, hanged and undergoing other eternal tortures in the span of an instant. All of this came with one feeling: Nuk was completely innocent. Even in eternal torture, he did not show any sign of being a Traitor. And thus, the Masters all feel the anger of the Overlord.

Nuk, you're dead. The voting was, well, only 1 vote against you, but by the Headmaster, so... Kinda chaotic voting here. Nuk was a normal Crafter.

It's night. All of you, sleep, and go and do your Duty towards the Summoning when you are ordered to do so. Dawn is on Monday, around noon.

Aer/cupid, wolves, angel, seer, bring in your targets. Any questions, PM.

EDIT: Gods of Faith -> Gods of Fate. Silly me.
    #
    Amarth 17 years ago
    Chapter 2 - Proving Ground

As the writings proscribe it, the Headmaster is the last one to do his nightly Duty. He arrives at the Gate, or rather, the place that is to become the Gate. A depressing place it would be for anyone who doesn't know of its function. Eleven pillars of basalt, hewed from Mount Ivy'r, placed in a circle on a plateau of barren land. The magical energy runs high here, and the place is devoid of any life - no butterflies, no bugs, no flowers, not even grass grows here. The Headmaster looks around. He can sense the spell growing weak, weaker than it should have been. He manages a tired smile, the acceptance of whatever fate will be coming over the Guild in the next few days.

He can feel what has happened here tonight. He can read it in the disturbed flows of energy. While Anarion was sitting in the middle of the Gate, keeping the Spell in balance, someone attacked him. Anarion was dead before he properly realized what happened. The attacker then offered the body to the Passive One, Vend-Ahan. No miracle the spell grows weak. Here, in the very sanctuary of the Overlord, the powers of Vend-Ahan have been strengthened.

The Headmaster sits down in the center of the hendecagon. Skillfully, he reaches out to get the energies in balance again. The battle has started now, and both factions are gathering all their strengths to prove they are worthy to write history.

Anarion was a normal Crafter.

EDIT - renamed this to chapter 2 instead of chapter 3 :/
    #
    E_net4 17 years ago
    Argh! I cannot shatter these traitors!
    But I can smell something... it is hope. I feel something about one of you.
    I feel a hidden evil on a person. And that person is right among us!
    A traitor, as I'm quite sure.

As soon as I pronounce his name, he must get more than burned!

The traitor is, as a fact, the one who actually wanted to see Anarion dead.

Yes, crafters! Grim has been trying to destroy the balançe until now. But He will Not kill anyone else!

Now who's with me?

Sorry If I couldn't succeed on the perfect English for the game.

I'd like to know what you're basing this on, E_net4, should you desire to convince me of your vision.
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    "E_net4" said:
    The traitor is, as a fact, the one who actually wanted to see Anarion dead.

Yes, crafters! Grim has been trying to destroy the balançe until now. But He will Not kill anyone else!
    Well I never! I thought very highly of Anarion when he was alive, and I am greatly saddened at his sudden demise! How DARE you blame me for trying to uphold the balance by killing fellow crafters! This atrocious accusation can mean one thing, and one thing alone: It is YOU who are trying to uphold the balance! It is YOU who work for Vend-Ahan! Bretheren, let us seize this traitor!
    #
    Pete 17 years ago
    "E_net4" said:
    I'd like to know what you're basing this on, E_net4, should you desire to convince me of your vision.

The hell?

Pete starts walking in circles, humming to himself. He has no idea who the traitors are.

Ok, I suck. Ill have to work on this a bit...
    #
    Murska 17 years ago
    Murska is silently watching the arguing people, hoping that someone might make a mistake and give him a clue about the identity of the traitor.

((Anarion(Dead, Crafter), E_net4, Gemini, Grim, Idiota, MageKing17, Murska, Nuk(Dead, Crafter), Pete, Shingo(Dead, Cupid, Aer'd) and Vacuus.

E_net4, Gemini, Grim, Idiota, MageKing17, Murska, Pete and Vacuus.

The roles left are Seer, Aer/Cupid, War Veteran, Angel.

Out of 8 people, 4 are special roles. Out of the other four, 3-1 are Traitors. I think there must be more than one Traitor, so 3-2. So, 1-2 Crafters remain. Not counting the Cupid links, that'd become too complex.

EDIT: Uh, if we want to have a chance to win, we should be prepared to possibly having 3 Traitors, in which case we better choose right this time.))
    #
    E_net4 17 years ago
    Idiota, you should have posted instead of editing my post.

Grim, that's a pure naughty lie.
    The One never, I say, never fails. You are the traitor who killed our friend!
    The One told me who you are! I have the power to receive these answers!
    I am the augur!!

Let's vote to lynch Grim!
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    So you just barge in here claiming to be contacted by The One, not to mention claiming to be the augur? Have you ANY idea of the danger you're putting yourself in, if you indeed are not a betrayer? You could've just as well slit your throat to achieve the same outcome!
    #
    E_net4 17 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    So you just barge in here claiming to be contacted by The One, not to mention claiming to be the augur? Have you ANY idea of the danger you're putting yourself in, if you indeed are not a betrayer? You could've just as well slit your throat to achieve the same outcome!
    I'm sure YOUR throat won't stay there for long!
    And I shall hope that the angel will protect me from such harassment.
    #
    The Gemini 17 years ago
    Wow, E_net4, that was VERY stupid of you, no matter if you're the Augur or not.
    #
    Idiota 17 years ago
    "E_net4" said:
    Idiota, you should have posted instead of editing my post.

Grim, that's a pure naughty lie.
    The One never, I say, never fails. You are the traitor who killed our friend!
    The One told me who you are! I have the power to receive these answers!
    I am the augur!!

Let's vote to lynch Grim!

If I accidently hit the 'edit' button instead of 'quote', I am deeply sorry. But I am quite sure I hit the 'quote' button...
    gah x_X

I still want to know, E_net4, what were you basing it on? I'm not going to believe someone who just shoves forward a candidate for lynching, without any reasoning to back him up.
    #
    Forum » Werewolf 4 - The goblet of Aer
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: