Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Werewolf 4 - The goblet of Aer
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Werewolf 4 - The goblet of Aer

E_net4 17 years ago
    Well, I realize this wasn't wise, but there's no coming back.
    What I can do is to hope that the angel will protect me.

I have few arguments, so I'll just say... beleive me, Grim is a traitor.
    Gah, pherhaps I'm going to die sooner than I thought, but anyway, my last few words will be: "My death was not in vain!"
    #
    Idiota 17 years ago
    E_net, if after being asked two times to explain why a person should be lynched, and you still fail to give us any arguments as to why he should be lynched, then it is fairly obvious to me that you are a Traitor. Everything you say herafter will be in vain, for you have convinced me of my right already.

People, I think we might actually get a bloody traitor this time.

EDIT: This means my vote of lynch goes to E_net4
    #
    MageKing17 17 years ago
    "Idiota" said:
    E_net, if after being asked two times to explain why a person should be lynched, and you still fail to give us any arguments as to why he should be lynched, then it is fairly obvious to me that you are a Traitor. Everything you say herafter will be in vain, for you have convinced me of my right already.

People, I think we might actually get a bloody traitor this time.

EDIT: This means my vote of lynch goes to E_net4
    He hasn't given no reason, he has claimed to be the Augur. A claim which, if false, leads us to kill Grim, find our mistake, then hope there aren't 3 traitors, as we would lose the game, as 8 (current players) - 1 (Grim) - 1 (Whoever gets killed at night) = 6, and as 3 of those would be traitors, we lose. Assuming Amarth has kept the number of traitors as 3 (and it seems reasonable to assume this worst-case scenario), we need to be VERY careful about who we pick.

E_net4's behavior HAS been fairly erratic, which makes me wonder if I shouldn't vote for him as well.
    #
    Pete 17 years ago
    Wait, what? The SECOND turn would decide the ouitcome?

#
    Idiota 17 years ago
    I need some time to get used to the new role-names... I thought 'Augur' was just an RP element E_Net4 used to be more convincing... Man, I'm not sharp. :/
    #
    Amarth 17 years ago
    Note that equal numbers does not imply that the wolves win. We now have a mayor to decide what happens on equal votes - so, if the Headmaster would happen to be a traitor, then yes, MKs argument hold and they win. If not, the non-traitors would still need to form one block against the traitors, and they'd have a theoretical chance to win
    #
    Murska 17 years ago
    So, we'd kill Grim, and believe E, in which case if Grim is innocent, E is dead. Or we'd kill E and believe Grim, if E'd be the Seer, Grim is dead. Either way, we get one wolf, and possibly lose an innocent. We COULD believe E now, and kill him next day IF he is an evildoer, but if MK is evil, we'd lose. Which is a risk. The same counts the other way around. If nobody else claims to be the seer, I vote to lynch Grim.
    #
    Idiota 17 years ago
    This is indeed the time for the real seer to step up, should E_net4 not be the seer.
    #
    E_net4 17 years ago
    Is everyone else dumb enough to lie about my respect?
    No. No one else is the augur.
    I admit I have no arguments, but if I die this week, you'll feel sorry while the traitors have an antecipated party of their victory!
    And, Idiota, you are overloading the fact that I have no arguments to lynch Grim and that's bloody suspicious!
    Please, vote to lynch Grim, as he is a Traitor for quite sure.
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    "E_net4" said:
    And, Idiota, you are overloading the fact that I have no arguments to lynch Grim and that's bloody suspicious!
    It's also bloody suspicious to just come out, claim to be the augur and point a finger at someone.

You have my vote for lynching, if for nothing else then for the sheer annoyance you've caused me.

For those who didn't get it, I voted to lynch E_net4.
    #
    E_net4 17 years ago
    You know full well that I'm not a traitor. It's your damn goal to kill me.
    And there is 1 argument, not strong enough, but you have voted to lynch Anarion and you actually killed him at night.
    Now what do you think? Will I have someone to trust? I must have. You crafters must trust me.
    #
    Amarth 17 years ago
    24 hours left to vote.
    #
    Murska 17 years ago
    I voted Grim because, in any case, we either lose or get a traitor, but if Grim is a traitor, the angel may protect E, who we would know to be the Augur. So, it makes the most sense to kill Grim.

EDIT: Also, I seem to be the only one voting against Grim, which raises suspicion, the remaining 3 (2?) Traitors will of course vote the good guy, espesially if he's the Augur.
    #
    MageKing17 17 years ago
    Has Grim been acting at least partially suspicious? Yes, I'd say so, but there are a million reasons for that, and going after "partially suspicious" people is how Vacuus died last time. However, has E been acting suspicious? Very. If he IS the Augur, his behavior has been terrible, as he shouldn't cause such suspicion about himself. I could lay it to bad acting, of course... but bad acting is more commonly found in Traitors.

I hereby cast my vote for E_net4.
    #
    Amarth 17 years ago
    As every evening, the Masters of the Guild have retreated to the Chapel. This time, like the previous night, they will Oracle. They have to find the Traitors.

"And on the second day,
    the proving has started.
    The plague of blindness will strike.
    For many things will happen,
    but you will not see them.
    The plague of deafness will strike.
    For THE ONE will speak to you,
    but you will not listen.
    The plague of madness will strike.
    For everything has changed,
    but you will not think."

Today, strange things happened. The Augur stood up - or was it a False Prophet? One sent by Vend-Ahan to increase the confusion? No one seems knows for sure. The Crafters rely on the powers gifted by the Overlord to see the world around them. These powers give them sensory information not available to normal humans. It makes them able to see the slightest movement in the slightest light, to sense an arrow flying to them mere moments after it is fired, to read the intentions of others. But with the influence of Vend-Ahan increasing, their senses are failing. And without these powers, they are less than human beings. The world around them crumbles away, becomes invisible, inaudible, non-existant. Only with utmost concentration they are able to do what others would find normal.

And amidst all the chaos, they have to find the Traitors. But they can still trust their Oracling. They have to. So they do. The Headmaster speaks.
    "Today, on the second day, we will not be blinded. It is clear what Vend-Ahan tries to do. He tries to set us up against one another, he creates False Prophets. We will not be deafened. We will listen to what he tells us the next two hours. We will not become mad. We will think about what is happening, and take action as we should. Now, join me in praise."

After the chanting, after the meditation, the Oracling. Once again, one by one, names are shouted.
    Vacuus: "E_net4"
    MageKing: "E_net4"
    Murska: "Grim"
    E_net4: "Grim"
    Grim: "E_net4"
    Idiota: "E_net4"
    Gemini and Pete remain silent.

They wait. They know that after eleven times eleven seconds the One will strike. He did so yesterday. He will do so today.

Two minutes pass. Another two minutes pass. Nothing happens. Then, the Headmaster shouts.
    "TRAITOR! You are protected by Vend-Ahan! You must be! Crafters! Grab him! Get his blasphemous Flame out of this Chapel, and make sure it never burns again." Even before the Headmaster has finished, they are all attacking E_net4. A few moments later, the only thing that is left of E_net4 is some blood - on the Chapel floor, on the clothes of the Crafters, on their hands and around their mouths.

And all that time, they haven't heard the slightest word from the One. His grip on the events is loosening. Today, he has lost another of his most loyal Followers, the one with the Inspective powers, the Augur, the Prophet. But it almost seems as if He has lost all of his remaining Followers - they just cannot hear his Advice anymore.

E_net4 was the Augur, if it isn't clear.

The game is not over yet, guys, not at all. There is the Angel, there is a Cupid bound, there is a Crazy War Veteran. All elements possibly in favor of the Villagers. Let's just play this till the end.

Dawn is Monday around noon. Wolves, Angel, send in your targets.
    #
    Anarion 17 years ago
    I just have to say Amarth, that you are doing a great job with the story this time around. Really top-notch story telling
    #
    Madgamer 17 years ago
    [OT] I'll join next round, it seems to get better every competition [/OT]
    #
    Anonymous1157 17 years ago
    [OT] I'm confused. Was E evil or not? By the way, if I'm not too confused about what the character's names are next round, I *might* join (ie: Is the Augur one of the Villagers or Werewolves?). [/OT]
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    [OT] I'm confused. Was E evil or not? By the way, if I'm not too confused about what the character's names are next round, I *might* join (ie: Is the Augur one of the Villagers or Werewolves?). [/OT]
    Just check the list in the first post for the names.
    #
    Amarth 17 years ago
    Chapter 3 - Take care

It is night. Vacuus sits at the Gate, doing his Duty. He sits still, so still a casual onlooker (one that would somehow manage to survive when coming here) might think he is but a statue. Yet, he is fully awake. He needs his full concentration to do what is needed. If the Spell would get out of balance because of him, his punishment would be unthinkable.

It is dark, yet he sees. He sees the flows of energy, the blue glow of the pillars, the black nothingness of the gate underneath him. And he knows. He knows he is not alone. He knows his time has come. But he will fight. The Flame inside his body has been in the spirit world before, and is loath to return.

It is hard for him to recognize the movements of his attacker. There is the constant light of the Spell. It is like trying to recognize a dark spot in the middle of the sun. There is the swirling and dancing of the energies. It is like trying to discern a static point in the complex chaos of an ever moving and changing river. There is his own uncertainty over his perception. It is like trying to distinguish a hendecagon from a dodecagon from a large distance while you know you are going blind. He remembers how they had been blinded and deafened yesterday, so how can he know he be certain now? The Flame of Shingo curses the weaknesses of the Candle of Vacuus.

Then, the attack. He knew it, but a fraction of a second too late. It is a brutal attack, an inelegant attack. Blunt clubs are not used by the Guild for more than 100 years. Magic, recurve bows and rapiers are the tools used by those of class. A stick of wood can be handled by the lowliest of servants. No class, no style, no finesse... Bastards.

Bastards. Bastards. His last thought echoes around the Gate. It echoes in the attackers head. Did Vacuus scream it right before his skull was broken open? Or did the released Flame of Shingo flood the mind of the attacker with the word? Did anyone else hear it? Hesitancy. Uncertainty. Panic. He runs away, the body still lying in the middle of the Gate. In the darkness, a casual onlooker might think it is a grotesque statue.
    #
    Idiota 17 years ago
    I would be really happy with a bit of clarification... Vacuus was crazy war vet or...?
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    "Idiota" said:
    I would be really happy with a bit of clarification... Vacuus was crazy war vet or...?
    He was the Aer, you silly. That's how his candle contained Shingo's flame.
    #
    Murska 17 years ago
    So, we now know GRIM IS A TRAITOR! As, E WAS the Augur, and he told us Grim was EVIL! So if anyone at all is still loyal, LET US KILL GRIM!
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    "Murska" said:
    So, we now know GRIM IS A TRAITOR! As, E WAS the Augur, and he told us Grim was EVIL! So if anyone at all is still loyal, LET US KILL GRIM!
    Brother, you know very well we've had quarrel between us two. He might have as well scryed for someone else who WASN'T a betrayer. If this was what happened, he might've just looked for someone to blame for being a traitor. Besides, my suspicions were just. If I would have been the Augur, I certainly would NOT have ran about screaming "I'm the Augur, I'm the Augur!" as our belate brother did. Doing that is nothing more than a deathwish, as I have already said.
    #
    Murska 17 years ago
    I think it would be MUCH more possible to think that E might've been intelligent enough to, after practically suiciding, even shout at the right person. So, whatever you say, AND based on the IRC chat, I vote you.
    #
    Amarth 17 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    "Idiota" said:
    He was the Aer, you silly. That's how his candle contained Shingo's flame.
    Correct.
    #
    Pete 17 years ago
    Lets slice Grims throat them.
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    "Pete" said:
    Et tu, Pete?
    #
    Pete 17 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    "Pete" said:
    Et tu, Pete?
    Um. E_net said youre the traitor. E_net said he was an Augur. He died. He WAS the Augur. I think I can believe him under those circumstances... I hope...
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    But you DO realize AND accept the possibility of his outburst to have been nothing but a vain attempt to hang a betrayer, which ultimately failed?
    #
    Murska 17 years ago
    We realise that, but we also realise it's HIGHLY improbable(sp?)

EDIT: Uh, wait a moment? You said his outburst(Saying he was Augur) was a vain attempt to hang a betrayer(you) which ultimately failed(because you killed him). If then, that's true. So we're killing the betrayer(you) now.

((Anarion(Dead, Crafter), E_net4(Dead, Augur), Gemini, Grim(Traitor((?))), Idiota, MageKing17, Murska, Nuk(Dead, Crafter), Pete, Shingo(Dead, Cupid, Aer'd) and Vacuus.(Dead, Aer/Cupid)

That leaves us Gemini, Grim(Traitor((?)), Idiota, MK, Murska, Pete.

So, it's either 3-3 or 4-2. If it'd be 3-3 and MK would be a traitor, that'd be it. If he ain't, we need to kill Grim now, for there lies the bigges probability of hitting a right target.

Roles left are Angel, Crazy War Veteran. At least 2 Traitors are left. That leaves at most 2 crafters. That means the Traitors have 50% or more chance of hitting a special role, and 25% or more of hitting the angel. If we get Grim, and he is a Traitor, situation gets better, but only little, depending on the amount of traitors. Either way, we choose wrong now, and we die.))

So, I say, KILL GRIM NOW!
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    "Murska" said:
    Uh, wait a moment? You said his outburst(Saying he was Augur) was a vain attempt to hang a betrayer(you) which ultimately failed(because you killed him).
    It failed mostly because of a false target. I do believe he was going after me purely due to personal reasons instead of actual scrying result.
    #
    Murska 17 years ago
    Well, I don't. So I STILL vote you.
    #
    MageKing17 17 years ago
    You seem to have forgotten something very important. There are more traitors than one. There is a very real possibility that half of the people here are, in fact, traitors.

With that in mind, I vote Gemini.
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    You seem to have forgotten something very important. There are more traitors than one. There is a very real possibility that half of the people here are, in fact, traitors.

With that in mind, I vote Gemini.
    Aye, me too.
    #
    Forum » Werewolf 4 - The goblet of Aer
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: