Email: Password:
Forum » Surviving Notrium v1.33 - Tips and Helpful Hints
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Surviving Notrium v1.33 - Tips and Helpful Hints

Marevix 19 years ago
    "blitzsolo" said:
    Try modding it so the game's easier.

Then it isn't really surviving Notrium 1.33 anymore, is it?..
    #
    Fusion 19 years ago
    This is the thread for non cheating tips

Assuming you can evolve pretty quickly on alien then go and do either the escape pod ending or the SS Radio ending, With F-Rage and L-Bite
    you can kill the bots in a matter of seconds, My record for the radio ending is 45 ish mins

And for EVERY CHARACTER you really should try getting past the missiles without getting shot
    #
    The Unknown Guy 19 years ago
    "Nephilm" said:

Your main source of food through the game, especially for the alien who can travel the map very fast but can't carry a lot of stuff, will most likely be fungus and alien meat/corpses. These two resources are continually generated, so if you leave an area and return to it later you're bound to find more of it, but the resource generation isn't so high as to say that you can travel around and just eat the fungus you find on your way or eat corpses when you're hungry.

Ok, in the Questions thread I was told that fungus does NOT respawn. Which is it? :p
    #
    ZeXLR8er 19 years ago
    From my experience with the data files, I'm almost 100% certain the fungus do not respawn. It would take an almost insane amount of work, and I'm pretty sure Ville or Quanrian wouldn't have had time in designing the 1.3 release.
    #
    Marevix 19 years ago
    Fungus does not respawn. I repeat: It does not respawn. Why would B0rsuk start work on a fungus generator if it was already in-game? Aliens do respawn, however.
    #
    Mole-Queen 18 years ago
    OK im a noob. I LUV Notrium!. i have the general "feel" for the game.
    but i have 1 problem..... how do you cook meat?

for some reason i can build complex machinery but i cant heat up a piece of meat. if anyone feels like wasting the effort of typing a reply to this i would REALLY appreciate it thx
    #
    Idiota 18 years ago
    this is done by following three steps:

1. Find a stick
    2. Light the stick by using it. This creates a fire on the ground
    3. Roast the meat by using the corpse over the fire. This can only be done with brown alien corpses.
    #
    Mole-Queen 18 years ago
    Thx man! i think that ive always tried to cook blue alien corpses.

...is it just me or is it ironic that the person to answer possibly(or definately) the dumbest question ever is "idiota" i think i should change my login name now.
    #
    HarmlessHermit 18 years ago
    Idiota has proven repeatedly in the past that he indeed does not live up to his name. But if you have more dumb questions to ask, don't hold back. The worst case scenario is that we'll hate you forever, ban you from this forum, and kill your family.
    #
    Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    "HarmlessHermit" said:
    The worst case scenario is that we'll hate you forever, ban you from this forum, and kill your family.

I believe someone promised that I could also devour his soul...
    #
    jelly 18 years ago
    "muffinman" said:
    with alien, who i like to use the most, i just kill all the little alien like brown and blue aliens in acient ruins and try to find stuff and make base at hermit's base, i try to keep my food above 200, because for the evolution, and after 2 evolution, i keep my food above 150 because their food goes down pretty fast, and since their fast and strong, i use hit and run tatics
    food useage is slower when not moving
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    "Cobra Banshee" said:
    Human: Ville area or Ship Cemetary (dont remember real name) because lots of ether that can be turned to food and lots of bullets.
    Android: Desert, lots of robots to kill and lots of energy
    Alien: Hive (DUH!) lots of alien to EAT!!!!!!
    Psionic: Eden i guess, havent played too much with Psionic.
    You're forgetting that one of the best places to set up a base, and one of the easiest, regardless of race, is the hermit's hut you start in. The door is the biggest reason for this, meaning that if you have a stasis field inside it you can just lock the door and lurk inside your stasis field for as long as you want. Unless you're an alien, in which case you'll need to hunt for food. The Alien's best bet probably is Hive, in that case. But everyone else... I use the hermit's hut.
    #
    Anonymous1157 18 years ago
    I personally use the Hut regardless of race, unless of course I bother to kill the robots. Their base also has a door and is MUCH bigger, not to mention the fact that it has robots around it making it excellent for the Android.

(BTW: Sorry I was gone. My router went poopy!)
    #
    harwe 18 years ago
    There is this good trick where u have a shield gen to get food because it also increases food for you too so an alien doesnt have to hunt all the teim and humans could survive, and oh course, Psionics get near infinite life
    #
    Rezan 18 years ago
    Alien

I've played around a lot with alien, (it's the easiest to play, which is why I play it =P) and I've learned a few neat tricks.

- In the start, do not kill any small aliens. They will be useful later when you're evolving further.

- As written before, the best place to be at start is the Ship Graveyard.

- When you get the first level of motion detecting, screw it. If you pay attention to the screen you'll die. Level 2 and further, well, then it's okay.

- Make sure that you don't use more fires than necessary, (it's okay to use a few, but don't use more than one in one area if you can) you will need the sticks for when you're more evolved.

- Lethal Bite sucks, refrain from using it if you're not targeting anything huge. Yes, even if you have feral rage.

- THE most effecient ways to kill creatures in this game are A: Flamethrower, and B: Alien Claws. The claws are extremely effecient since you can move around your targets with ease.

- Stay the heck away from flamethrower dudes if you can't use Feral Rage.

- Robots = Easy pray, but useless pray. They're only good for batteries.

- Eden: Don't stay here long, however, if low on health, stop by and pick up some of those juicy healing flowers since there are quite a bit of them here. If you stay long, you'll get poisoned and die. Opponents are extremely tough.

- I recommend stationing your 'base' on the upper side of the bridge in Hive. There are less aliens in this area, and you can more easily see if they're coming here. Besides, it's easy to remember where your fire is if its near a bridge.

- Easiest ending is killing all queens.

- The stasis field (Forcefield generator + computer chip + energy unit) is your friend at 'base'. It both heals you and keeps you fed.

Other tips

- Huge robots die easily if you use one or two of those neat repair units.

That's it folks, hope it's of some use to someone.

By the way, I was wondering, in the journal it says I get the "Berserk Attack", I haven't seen this in my inventory, what is it?
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    Allow an alien veteran to correct a few of your mistakes.

-While it's true that not killing any small aliens can make it easier on you when evolving, it's not really that important since all aliens respawn in the Hive (well, except the queens, of course), and the Hive is an easy area for an alien of any level. Constant food, constant evo, and killing reapers even gives health.

-Ship Graveyard is only a good place if you're not so confident in your ability to survive in the Hive. I personally ignore it unless I'm considering it as a nest location (It's useful, depending on how your map got laid out).

-Not true. As soon as I get motion detection, half of my time is spent watching the radar. As soon as I see a blip, I change my attention to the main screen and close in for the kill, but the radar is used right up until I start slashing. Yes, even at level one.

-This is very true. A general rule: Don't pick up the sticks in the hermit's house until you're at full evolution. Trust me, you'll thank me later.

-I've never used Lethal Bite even once. I never used it on any boss ever. My claws always did the job much better.

-I don't think anyone doubts the effeciency of the claws, so let's skip to:

-"Flamethrower dudes" can be easily eliminated with a bit of acid, if you get my drift. The only concern is food, and if you're running low on food you shouldn't be in the VC area to start with.

-I only go to the robot area if I need to build a force field generator. Otherwise, I stay away.

-A new player definately has to worry about those vines and their poison shots. An experience player, however, has nothing to worry about, since they are easily dodged. Of course, if anyone's reading this, they're not an experienced player, so...

-I've never had a nest in hive. It's simply not a good idea. While it will supply near-constant food for you and your brood, you can't just sit your character in the stasis field and take a quick break without having a f*** of a lot of turrets. People tend not to carry around a half-dozen turrets at all times. The gorge is a much better place. Or the ship graveyard, depending on how your map gets set up.

-So what if it's the easiest ending? Who wants the game to end quickly anyway? The point is to survive as long as possible, of course.

-Yes. Definately. Stasis field = YOUR BEST FRIEND IN THE WHOLE WORLD. Love the stasis field. The stasis field is mother, the stasis field is father...

-Repair units are too valuable to waste as weapons. I've only ever used them as a weapon twice, and both times were accidents. Repairing turrets and your hoverbike takes priority. Besides, a bit of Feral Rage and those robots are no trouble at all.

As to your last comment, I have no idea what you're talking about. If you mean that "consume" or whatever it is, then that's not an attack. You use it in your inventory when you have a small blue alien corpse and you'll regain health and a lot more food than usual.
    #
    Rezan 18 years ago
    Well, I did make my hints for the less experienced. With the alien I'm quite experienced, but I still remember how it was to start out.

I stand by what I wrote. It's all correct if you play on easy =)

Berserk attack is not spelled consume. Consume isn't anything you learn, devour is. If you check the journal files, I'm sure you'll find "berserk" somewhere there.

For me, turrets were useless as alien. I put up a single one when I hatched my first green alien, after this all of the nesting went fine seeing as the green alien kicks hiney.

I do like a good discussion, but this isn't the place =P Another thread, another time. xD
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    "Rezan" said:
    Berserk attack is not spelled consume. Consume isn't anything you learn, devour is. If you check the journal files, I'm sure you'll find "berserk" somewhere there.
    Please don't assume I'm an idiot. I merely haven't played as an alien in well over a year, and my memory isn't too great over the long-term.
    #
    Nuklearni-okurka 18 years ago
    Please how i can pick up turret or barricade or something as that? im using U button but its dont do anything so i must use V
    #
    Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    "Nuklearni-okurka" said:
    Please how i can pick up turret or barricade or something as that? im using U button but its dont do anything so i must use V
    Did you just answer your own question or something?

And yes, V is the pick-up key. Always has been.

...well, for as long as picking stuff up has been in the game, that is.
    #
    Lunacre 18 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    "Nuklearni-okurka" said:
    Did you just answer your own question or something?

And yes, V is the pick-up key. Always has been.

...well, for as long as picking stuff up has been in the game, that is.
    I think he means how to pick turrets ect. up into your inventory.
    Unfortuanetly, you can't pick them up, if you have already placed them on the ground with "U" key.
    #
    Pete 18 years ago
    OT: Nuklearni okurka? Where do you live?
    #
    Rezan 18 years ago
    OT: I'd guess Czech Republic, since his E-Mail says cz at the end? =)

If you want to use your turret parts for something different, you have to get it destroyed and repaired. (repair unit = computer unit + battery)

If you want to re-use it, it works for that too.
    #
    Pete 18 years ago
    I was just making sure you know. BTW, check MY e-mail...
    #
    thank all and im from czech republic and please in minning fields is one marine with sniper rifle or something other and he kill me to one shot and i have 300 health
    #
    Rezan 18 years ago
    Which race are you? We'll need that info in order to help.
    #
    Human and im high level and i have all specials skills and killed one hive with 2 queens and have alien pet and Power-suit armor (i think its full upgraded)
    #
    Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    I still believe that questions regarding the Werivar mod should be made in a thread that has something to do with the aforementioned mod.
    #
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    I still believe that questions regarding the Werivar mod should be made in a thread that has something to do with the aforementioned mod.

ok i found its
    #
    Cyclone 18 years ago
    I've managed to stay alive with the psionic(kinda hard!)till it tells me I should find the sphere and says there is someone waiting for me or i've overlooked something in the hermits hut.Whats going on?
    #
    Rezan 18 years ago
    Erm, I'm going to take a quick guess and say Eden is where you're sposed to go..
    #
    Cyclone 18 years ago
    I know it's just a quick guess, but thanks!
    #
    Darkdude 18 years ago
    Eden is the best area for psionic becuase the plants ignore yu until you attack them and i assume the one waiting for you must be one of the Dreamscape bosses. But does anyone have any idea whats to do with the hermits hut?
    #
    Rezan 18 years ago
    What to do?

I'm afraid I don't understand your question..
    #
    Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    If you mean the journal entry for the Psionic saying something about a portal or something like that at the hermit's hut, then just ignore it. That entry is talking about the Void portal, which is no longer in the hermit's hut.
    #
    Forum » Surviving Notrium v1.33 - Tips and Helpful Hints
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: