• « previous
  • » next
  • Monkkonen D&D

Shingo 17 years ago
    I have elected to be the Dungeon Master. Currently the players are:

Murska (Elan - Human Rogue)
    E_Net4 (Durkon - Human Monk)
    Nuk (Yhurni - Dwarven Cleric)

Not quite sure what play times will be established as of yet.

To recap, the group had their first adventure yesterday in which I am proud to say, they slew 5 orcs in the aincient ruins of <insert name here>. Now with a foothold in the ruins, they are sleeping the night so the cleric can regain his spells and heal the critically injured Rogue the next day.

1-2ish more players are welcome.
    #
    Madgamer 17 years ago
    I had no recollection in my memory that this actually hath happened.

...What the hell, I'll join, I really didn't participate in any of forum games so why not?
    #
    Nuklearni-okurka 17 years ago
    Shingo, fuck you, you messed it up. Ed was human monk, Murska human rogue, Me dwarf cleric.
    #
    Crazy 17 years ago
    Mergh. I need to learn D&D anyway.
    #
    Murska 17 years ago
    Yeah. This is cool. I'm proud to say, I am the one who started this. ((With a little idea from Grim))

Me and Nuk had a bit of a fight in the IRC, and Grim suggested we use dice to fight. I collected from my memory a bunch of simplened D&D rules, and we did fight.
    Then we downloaded OpenRPG and fought there, making some sort of char sheets in the process. Then E joined the room, probably picking the pass and the place from the IRC chat. Next day we talked to Grim and Shingo, and while Grim was too lazy, Shingo joined. That's when we made it into a real D&D game.

Anyhow, if you want to join, please download OpenRPG from:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.openrpg.com/">http://www.openrpg.com/</a><!-- m -->

EDIT: Also, go to monkkonen IRC channel, and talk to me or Shingo (aka Not_A_Shrimp) so that we can give you the room passwords and stuff to OpenRPG.
    #
    Pete 17 years ago
    What are the playtimes?
    #
    Murska 17 years ago
    As we haven't got every player in yet, we've set no times yet.
    #
    Pete 17 years ago
    As long as it will be between 15:30 - 20:00 I might join as well.
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    "Pete" said:
    As long as it will be between 15:30 - 20:00 I might join as well.
    15:30 - 20:00 WHAT timezone?

Always remember to add the GMT timezone!
    #
    Pete 17 years ago
    Oops. exact GMT.
    #
    Murska 17 years ago
    Pete, we're on IRC right now, so join in if you wish. Got any prior D&D knowledge?
    #
    Pete 17 years ago
    Not at all, unless reading Order of the stick counts
    #
    Madgamer 17 years ago
    "Murska" said:
    EDIT: Also, go to monkkonen IRC channel, and talk to me or Shingo (aka Not_A_Shrimp) so that we can give you the room passwords and stuff to OpenRPG.

Why not just PM the ones that's interested in playing? I believe that it'll be a lot less of a hassle.
    #
    Arawak 17 years ago
    I'll join after i figure out all that you guys are doing I dont have anyone to play with here so..

I have a half-elf ranger About 18 feet away with some lawn darts.
    #
    Murska 17 years ago
    "Madgamer" said:
    "Murska" said:

Why not just PM the ones that's interested in playing? I believe that it'll be a lot less of a hassle.

Because, as I hope I already said, we have NO set times for it, so the D&D might be on whenever. That makes it difficult to PM someone and say he should be there then. Second reason: I suck at organizing anything. I guess. I've never organized anything, so can't be sure...

EDIT:

Current Players:

Shingo - GM

Murska = Kevry - Human Rogue
    Crazy = Ceash(Changing name, I think) - Half-Orc Barbarian
    Cejer = Cog - Dwarven Fighter(Multiclassing to wizard as soon as possible)
    Niwsters = Deivrik(?) - Dwarven Cleric

Then we also have a weekend time when Cejer is DMing a completely different campaign(of sorts) because Shingo wants to play too.
    #
    Idiota 17 years ago
    The party, as interpreted by me, having never actually seen your miniatures:

#
    Shingo 17 years ago
    HOLY BATMAN, Robin! Is that rogue wearing tights?

Anyways, I apologize most heartily for my Dungeon-Mastering to be non-existent for the past two days. What, you ask, have I been doing? I have been plotting all kinds of nefarious deathtraps by which I hope to think the ranks of our would-be-adventurers.

Actually, no. I lied. I have been busy doing:

1. Creating an actual image to use as the map

2. Creating a world-map

3. Establishing a clearly thought out overlying plot arc that I'm satisfied leaves room for the adventurers to diverge on a story-path of their own choosing.

4. Sitting on my tush - DMs need to rest too, y'kow.

To establish clear Cut Playing times, playing times will be at least 3 days out of every Monday-Friday, starting from 10:30-11:00 AM, Central US timezone (No, I odn't know what GMT+? that would be, so sue me already. Perhaps someone that knows/caresMore can fill me an and I'll edit this post, m'kay?)

Players are currently:

Idiota: Dwarven Cleric, by the name of Raevin

Cejer: Dwarven Fighter (Soon to be Wizard, so he tells me, but this is assuming he lives that long, now isn't it?) And his name, Cog, is a blatant ripoff from an amazing game - if you were meant to know what game that is, you'd know already.

Crazy: Half-Orc Barbarian, by the name of Ceash

Murska: Teh Rogue (Human). Sadly, he is not an X-man, as much as we all know and love that Rogue. Who knows though, maybe Gambit can make a special guest appearance, ne?
    #
    Solus Lupus 17 years ago
    Dang is there anyway that could be any earlyer 1/2 to 1 hour is all I ask other then that I would love to join if people are willing to teach me!
    #
    Idiota 17 years ago
    I'm a HUMAN cleric Shingo.
    #
    Shingo 17 years ago
    Oh *makes a mental note about how to best deal with humans as clerics*. Well, it was nice knowing your character, Idiota.
    #
    Idiota 17 years ago
    I'd say that the first session I played in was a success. Saved Murska from death twice (including the time he was surrounded by 4 undead and I turned them), nearly collapsed to the ground once, everyone leveled up, phat lewt, new gear. Yeah, I'm loving it.
    #
    Crazy 17 years ago
    Meh, i missed another chance to piss the DM off with 1d12 +5.

But as i hear, Idiota took care of that himself...
    #
    Murska 17 years ago
    "Idiota" said:
    I'd say that the first session I played in was a success. Saved Murska from death twice (including the time he was surrounded by 4 undead and I turned them), nearly collapsed to the ground once, everyone leveled up, phat lewt, new gear. Yeah, I'm loving it.

Bah. Surrounded by 4 undead? The red skeleton was dead, and the ghoul was nowhere near me. Ceash could've killed both the smaller skeletons with one hit. AND if you count that as saving, you can't count the fact you then healed me as saving, too, for it was in the same situation.

EDIT: And IIRC: I stabilised myself after someone(you?) failed to do it.
    #
    Zombie 17 years ago
    You seem to assume, Murska, that the dice would favour you.
    #
    Murska 17 years ago
    Well, I can't. I was stabilised, but dying, so I couldn't roll anything... >.<
    #
    Idiota 17 years ago
    Face it man. Groups are nothing without someone to throw in a heal at a critical point. Those undead hit for more than your max hp if you haven't noticed, and one hit can be fatal.
    #
    Murska 17 years ago
    We DO have 8 lesser healing potions, and money to buy more. And, judging from the sheer amounts of traps and listen checks(Which, I admit, I've been usually failing even WITH my +9) and searching, rogues are important too.

I've been having SO bad rolls lately, that I'm getting angry. Things like: Three guys roll initiative: 7, 6, 5. I did manage to hide Cog(The dwarven fighter with -5 to hide) for 3 turns with natural 20, but that wasn't MY sheet. My hide roll was 11. So I stayed hidden too, luckily, with my +9.

EDIT: Lawl. Me and Idiota had a duel. At one point I drunk a potion, and asked Idiota how do I see how much it heals. He rolled 1d8 and got 2. I said I'd roll my own potion. Guess what. [1d8] => [1]
    #
    Solus Lupus 17 years ago
    I take it no one wanted to teach me, but could some one point me to a link were I could learn so I could play in another round if there ever is one?
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    "Solus Lupus" said:
    I take it no one wanted to teach me, but could some one point me to a link were I could learn so I could play in another round if there ever is one?
    <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.google.com">http://www.google.com</a><!-- w -->
    #
    Idiota 17 years ago
    You should try to get your hands on the Core Rurebooks of D&D. The titles are:

Player Manual 3.5 (Start with this)
    Dungeon Master's Guide
    Monster Manual
    #
    Murska 17 years ago
    The DMs guide ain't that important just yet. The monster manual is sometimes nice to read, but you don't NEED it to play, for DMs certainly know the stats themselves.
    #
    Idiota 17 years ago
    Well, the DM guide is filled with heaps of useful info, mind you. If you read that after you finish reading and understanding the Player Manual you'll only enlarge youre knowledge of D&D.
    #
    Cejer 16 years ago
    Shingo will be out of town tomorrow morning and I've got school-related stuff to do, so there won't be D&D tomorrow.
    #
    Murska 16 years ago
    BUMP! I'm wishing we could still continue this a bit, and not let it lie dead and rotten for all eternity. Please?
    #
    Idiota 16 years ago
    Agreed, but let's discuss it through here, so we can't forget. :p
    #
    Forum » Monkkonen D&D
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: