Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Notrium 2

Notrium 2

ahrenjb 17 years ago
First, let me tell you my thoughts on Notrium. It is, hands down, one of the best games I have ever played, especially for being freeware. I love the theme more than anything. I never really got into the whole magic and swords stuff. The ability to win in numerous ways is amazing, building new weapons, setting up a base of operations. I could go on and on, a truly original combination of game concepts!

So I decided to comb through old Notrium threads because I thought they might have useful information. Turns out I was right!

It seems that ville semi-promised a Notrium 2!!! After Cormoon that is. He also stated that one of the projects he was choosing from when he started Cormoon was multiplayer Notrium.

My question is, will Notrium 2 be multiplayer? Or single player with a multiplayer capability? Will it be based on the same engine, or have a fresh engine with all sorts of new functionality?

Any information on thoughts of Notrium 2 would be appreciated.

Just as a side note, I found ville and his games through Acidplay. Looking at things on the forum, ville is a unique sort of small games developer. How so? He actually gets things done! When he announces a project, work starts getting done on it. That's great, keep it up.
#
LunaticNeko 17 years ago
Well...

It's not planned at all. It was a "maybe", IIRC.
#
ville 17 years ago
We're hoping to be able to do Notrium 2 with our new Cormoon engine. It will probably still be top down game, with plenty of new twists. But that's still in the distant future, right after we finish Cormoon.
#
ahrenjb 17 years ago
Hmm. Sounds good to me!

Please, keep it top down. I love top down games.
#
Pete 17 years ago
You might also want to take a look at Notrium 3D.
#
Mika 17 years ago
"Pete" said:
You might also want to take a look at Notrium 3D.

And with multiplyer coop play.
#
Amarth 17 years ago
No multiplayer in Notrium 3D for now. We don't have John Carmack on our team.

Wish we had, though.
#
ville 17 years ago
Notrium 2 will likely feature multiplayer in some form, as the engine is quite capable of it. Another issue altogether is what will the multiplayer be like.
#
Crazy 17 years ago
You can't POSSIBLY think we're short on ideas for that, can you?!
#
ville 17 years ago
No problem with ideas I guess, it's more like which ideas we're going to implement.
#
Mika 17 years ago
"ville" said:
Notrium 2 will likely feature multiplayer in some form, as the engine is quite capable of it. Another issue altogether is what will the multiplayer be like.

Great!
#
ahrenjb 17 years ago
I think the collective brain power this community seems to have could come up with something.
#
Solus Lupus 17 years ago
Brain? What is this "Brain" you speak of? Do I have one? Could I buy one from Wal-Mart? If you are so interested and have ANY skills you could help us with the 3D version.
#
Grim Reaper 17 years ago
"Solus Lupus" said:
Brain? What is this "Brain" you speak of? Do I have one? Could I buy one from Wal-Mart? If you are so interested and have ANY skills you could help us with the 3D version.
This reminds me... I'm listed in the Dev team, but since no-one is actually telling me to do anything, I don't know what the fsck I'm supposed to do.
#
Zombie 17 years ago
I qualify as a first class "Idea Girl" for any sort of creative projects. I hope to provide N3D and any form of N2 that Ville may make with a plethora of ideas, some useful, some insane, and some just plain silly.

Oooh, like an anti-gravity hat!
#
Sherimital 17 years ago
Oh, god... Multiplayer Notrium? Such a thing will be the game I've been looking for for /years/!

And if it's as moddable as current Notrium, then it'll be the engine I've been looking to make a game on for years!!!

I support the idea of multiplayer Notrium more than I know words to express it.
#
Anonymous1157 17 years ago
We'd love to have you, Z.

Ahrenjb, you are officially blind. Go here for enlightenment.
#
ahrenjb 17 years ago
Dang. I didn't quite make legally blind. At least that would offer some benefits.
#
Forum » Notrium 2

Your email:
Your name: