Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Graphics Programs.

Graphics Programs.

ahrenjb 17 years ago
Ok, so I thought I'd start a thread so you could all share what wonderful FREEware graphics creating, editing, etc programs you have found.

With the exception of Microsoft Paint, I use something called Inkscape, a vector graphics program (responsible for my sig and avatar), along with Ultimate Paint.
#
Solus Lupus 17 years ago
GIMP, and Anim8or, UVMapper, Wings3D, some version of Corell, a version of Photoshop that came free with an old camera (v. 4.0HE)...I have more somewhere...
#
Anarion 17 years ago
Gmax - Freeware version of 3DS Max
#
Amarth 17 years ago
Not mentioned yet: Paint.NET and Blender, and perhaps Irfanview. Also ImageMagick, but I don't think a significant amount of you understand the beauty of the command line.
#
Anonymous1157 17 years ago
It's not free, but Fireworks is pretty good.

"Amarth" said:
Also ImageMagick, but I don't think a significant amount of you understand the beauty of the command line.
I do, but not when manipulating that specific program.
#
Solus Lupus 17 years ago
I LOVE the command line...But....How....Do you edit images with a command line? I am at a loss, wouldn't they usually look like crap?
#
ahrenjb 17 years ago
Hmm, Some of these seem worthy of checking out.

I forgot to throw in Microsoft Photo Editor
#
Amarth 17 years ago
"Solus Lupus" said:
I LOVE the command line...But....How....Do you edit images with a command line? I am at a loss, wouldn't they usually look like crap?
convert picture.jpg -blur 0x2 -raise 5x5 pict.png
This would add a 5x5 bevel and a slight blur, whilst also changing the image from JPEG to PNG. There are about 250 operations available from drawing and modifying images. Typical usage is something like
mogrify *.png -resize 50% -trim
to batch shrink and crop all PNG files in the current directory.
#
Solus Lupus 17 years ago
I still see it bad for ALOT of things...but very useful for others. I do tons of photo editing and that might be useful. Thank You for posting and clarifying.
#
Forum » Graphics Programs.

Your email:
Your name: