• « previous
  • » next
  • Werewolf 5 - Mostly Aermless

Amarth 16 years ago
    Prologue - Viewpoint: Earth

A.D. 2119, Houston.
    "UN New Frontier, this is Ground Control. We are reaching out."
    "We feel you, Ground Control. All is fine here. We are ready for the test."
    In the year 2077, the first successful hyperjump was completed in the laboratories of the space stations around Mars. A cube was sent from one lab to another lab on another space station. Finally, humanity could dream again. The stars came within reach.
    "Okay, counting down. Two minutes left for engagement."
    In the year 2081, the first living creature was transported. It was a fruitfly named Albert. No harm was found.
    "One minute."
    From the year 2110 onwards, the technique allowed to displace massive amounts of mass. The shortage of metals on Earth that lasted for 50 years now was quickly solved. Asteroids could be mined and the raw materials could be immediately sent down to Earth, or where they were needed. Commercialization of the technique boomed.
    "Ten, nine, ..."
    Everything was made ready to perform the final test: hyperjump a whole spaceship with crew from high orbit around Earth to high orbit around Mars. If the test succeeds, the stars are next.
    "... Two, one, engage."

"I've lost contact with their communications Telepath, sir. They are either not on the starting or final location, or not responding to our attempts to initiate communications."
    "Dammit! Okay, remain calm everyone. We can only wait. The crew of the New Frontier is trained to handle everything thrown at them. We'll hear from them in moments."
    Moments become minutes, minutes become hours, hours become days.

I've kind of changed Gemini's idea, but not too much. The roles (mostly Gemini's idea):

Crewmembers (Villagers)
    Infected (Wolves)
    Guardian (Guardian Angel)
    Telepath (Seer)
    Empath (Cupid)
    Doctor (Aer)
    Security Officer (Vigilante)

Yes, I'm including the Vigilante. We've had 2 games with the same roles, not a third one. Only once during the entire game, the Vigilante can kill one character at night. He's aligned with the Villagers.

Players are Madgamer, Pete, Murska, The Gemini, E_net4, Nuk, Shingo, MageKing, Anarion, Anonymous and Idiota. You should all have your roles by now.

As for the Villagers notification, it is as such:
    "In PMs, I" said:
    You're only a lowly Crewmember (Villager) this game. But strength comes in numbers. Identify and lynch the Infected ones among you.

Dawn (and a tale of what happened as according to the crew) is planned for Monday 11 AM or earlier.

I have a feeling I'm missing loads of things, so if there's anything not right, PM me.
    #
    Murska 16 years ago
    Yay! It finally begins!
    #
    E_net4 16 years ago
    You could actually use italic on that case.
    #
    Anonymous1157 16 years ago
    So...

...What do we do while we wait for Monday?

By the way, it took you guys so long to start Werewolf 5 that school is going to start for me on Monday. I'll never respond before 8PM GMT (I think).
    #
    E_net4 16 years ago
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    So...
    ...What do we do while we wait for Monday?

By the way, it took you guys so long to start Werewolf 5 that school is going to start for me on Monday. I'll never respond before 8PM GMT (I think).
    Mine will start on tuesday
    #
    Madgamer 16 years ago
    I've been absent for quite a few days at this forum 'cause of the midterms and boatload of tests coming, but now since that's over and Spring Vacation is starting, me is gonna have fun time kicking arse over teh internet.

...Oddly enough, at this Saturday, I'll be going to Big Bear with my family and will be gone for a whole 2 and a half day. That's 60 hours, not 60 hours 1 minute, not 59 hours, 59 minutes, 59 seconds... You get my point >.>.

Now with the sudden appearance and the upcoming disappearance, I'm sure everybody will take a backstab at my character, no?

Whatever you guys are thinking, I'll be the first with my ticket ready for an express-pod.
    #
    Amarth 16 years ago
    For everyone whose vote I need but don't have yet, SEND 'EM IN! It's *almost* time, as Murska (once again ) reminded me.

Oh and guys, Grim isn't in.
    #
    Murska 16 years ago
    "Amarth" said:
    For everyone whose vote I need but don't have yet, SEND 'EM IN! It's *almost* time, as Murska (once again ) reminded me.

Oh and guys, Grim isn't in.

Nor is Crazy.
    #
    Amarth 16 years ago
    Chapter 1 - Awakening

"...Two, one, engage."
    The Captain turns the dial.

No-one really knew before that how it would feel. Humans had been teleported before, of course. Most report a mildly nauseating feeling that quickly wears off and leaves no permanent damage. But to hyperjump the mass of a ship like this, an immense amount of dark energy is necessary. The results on the human physiology can only be guessed. Worst case extrapolations predict immediate heart failure, but the risk had to be taken. The unbelievable consequences if it works far outweigh the risks. But no-one could ever have guessed what really happened.

The plan is like this. After the Captain turns the activation dial, the ship will be pushed in a newly created pocket dimension representing dual space. There, the whole universe is but a point, while points are stretched to the whole of space. The pocket dimension then pushes the ship back into normal space, splitting itself away from our universe - a new universe, all by itself. Humankind has created billions of new universes this way, some of which may have collapsed on themselves, some of which may have expanded into nothingness, and some of which may have sustained themselves, perhaps even evolving life and intelligence...

But it did not happen like this. After the Captain turns the dial, the ship is indeed pushed into little understood dual space. Due to the amount of dark energy involved with the creation of the pocket dimension, however, this dimension is unlike the others. And, because of the nature of dual space, time is working different in it - what is one dimensional time in normal space, becomes three dimensional time in dual space. This is no problem if you only stay in it for a duration that is essentially indistinguishable zero. But the native inhabitant of the pocket dimension does not like invaders.

The entity is, essentially, a point. A zero dimensional being. In our dimensions, it would occupy the entire universe, but in dual space, it is a point, it stays a point, and everything it knows is its point. It even named itself Point (albeit in a slightly more unpronounceable way). As such, Point feels and controls everything it knows about. A true omnipotent and omniscient god. Until the humans charge in.

Point is not happy with that, but it realizes the possibilities. If it would manage to enter the ship and get transported to dual space, that might be very interesting. And combining all knowledge of two dual universes might create quite a powerful entity... So Point searches the ship. And it is shocked to find life. A primitive form of life, but life. With intelligence and souls. Two different forms of them, even - some warm and confusing ones and a cold and somehow familiar one. Quickly, Point enters some of the beings. It wants them all, but the ship is already returning...

Back in normal space, there are some problems aboard the ship. Everyone of the crew has felt that something strange has happened as they passed through dual space. But there are more pressing problems. First of all, their main computer has crashed. The only way that might have been possible is when an extremely powerful virus of some sort would have entered the main reasoning feedback loop. This is a technical and mathematical impossibility, but still, it happened. As a result, the Captain (being neurologically linked to the computer) now sits dead in his chair. However, he might be the lucky one.

The rest of the crew screams, cries and wails from intense burning pain in their intestines. The jump has touched their nervous system in a very brutal way. For now, the first effects include a lot of pain, but it will wear off. And indeed, it does. The secondary symptoms are becoming clear: amnesia. Personality change.

Luckily, the orders of the mission are deep in their unconsciousness by now. The first thing that is said is a most deep declaration of failure. "Damn. This is not Mars, is it?" And indeed - the viewpoint offers a view on the Crab Nebula, from very close.

"This is hopeless. I'm going back to my cabin. I suggest we all do, though. Tomorrow, we'll try to find out our exact position and get in touch with Earth, or anyone else from the human race - I don't really care. Goodnight." And off they go, towards their cabins.

Next morning, or what is supposed to be morning according to ship time, someone is missing. The Telepath is not there on the morning meeting.
    "Sir Doctor," someone says, for he has already forgotten the name of the Doctor, "would you mind to see where our Telepath is? I think we will need him."
    The Doctor goes towards the cabin of the Telepath. There is a name on the door - 'Idiota'. Suddenly, the Doctor remembers. "Right, the Telepath was named Idiota... My memory has been failing me since the jump..." He knocks on the door, but no answer comes. He tries the door - locked, of course, but this is no problem. A Doctor always has an override access card. The Telepath is still on his bed. But, the Doctor's fear is true... The Telepath is dead. And, clearly, murdered.

The Doctor quickly reports this to the meeting, and gets the instructions he feared for. The Telepath cannot be missed and must be saved. He brings the body to the medical section and attaches the lifeless Telepath to the resurrection machine. Then, he attaches himself to the other side of the machine, and orders the medical computer to switch their personalities, as instructed. Two minutes later, there is a dead Doctor and a living Telepath in the medical bay. The new Telepath returns to the meeting, leaving the body for the robots to remove.

Back in the meeting, things are clear. They need to get a new Captain, and they need to find out who has killed the Telepath, and why. And bring swift judgment.

Did you know that dual space is a mathematical object that actually makes sense? Fun, really. Of course, it's not quite the way I abused it here.

Anyway, Idiota is dead, he was the Telepath (Seer), and now the Doctor (Aer) is the new Telepath. Get voting for Captain and lynching, you have until Saturday noon GMT (mind the DST ).
    #
    Murska 16 years ago
    Darn. Of COURSE we lose the TELEPATH first. Lucky he was Aer'd. Anyhow. Who'll be Captain, and who'll we lynch? It's quite random already.
    #
    E_net4 16 years ago
    The Doctor makes me remember Doctor Who! XD
    Okay, then, I forgot who you are, but we need a captain this week.
    #
    Murska 16 years ago
    Okay, whoever you are. We need candidates, whoever they are.
    #
    The Gemini 16 years ago
    Finally, I'm back from the mountains.

How the hell will we be able to contact any human so far away from home?
    #
    Pete 16 years ago
    "Murska" said:
    Darn. Of COURSE we lose the TELEPATH first. Lucky he was Aer'd. Anyhow. Who'll be Captain, and who'll we lynch? It's quite random already.

If you think about it, its better this way... imagine one of the murderers were resurrected this way!

Also, this reminds me of Flatland.
    #
    Murska 16 years ago
    "Pete" said:
    "Murska" said:

If you think about it, its better this way... imagine one of the murderers were resurrected this way!

Couldn't. See, the murderers wouldn't kill one of their own in the night, right?
    #
    Amarth 16 years ago
    "E_net4" said:
    The Doctor makes me remember Doctor Who!
    Yeah, I had the same reaction when writing 'The Doctor' all the time. It almost made me write Daleks in the story, but that would have been a bit too much, I think.
    "Pete" said:
    The Point God idea comes from Flatland, indeed. Pretty much the most interesting thing in the whole novel, though.
    #
    Cejer 16 years ago
    Comment on rules:
    "Murska" said:
    Couldn't. See, the murderers wouldn't kill one of their own in the night, right?
    It's possible that the murderers could kill a regular villager the first night, and then if the villagers killed a werewolf, the werewolf would've been resurrected.
    #
    Pete 16 years ago
    Also, anybody has any proof-based tragets?
    #
    Murska 16 years ago
    How could anyone have? Seer was killed, so he couldn't know, who else?
    #
    Shingo 16 years ago
    Okay. Here's the run-down, folks: Believe me at your own discretion, I'll list the reasons as to why you should.

For starters, I nominate myself as Mayor,

Secondly, I have made contact with the Seer, and we've colluded to choose who to see/lynch.

Third, Angel: Whoever you are, I'm asking that you protect me.

I want you to protect me because:

1. People who do well at this game have a habit of being targeted early in the next game(s). I was the major force of the villager win in game 3 (take Idiota, as an example).

2. I am the Seer's mouthpiece (i.e. the person who reveals who the seer has screened and such, so that the Seer doesn't have to reveal his identity).

3. I'm a human candidate for mayor.

With this in mind, I'd like to try to explain how you can know that I'm not a "bad guy."

1. If I am a werewolf.... and I start targeting innocents and such, these claims paint a big bullseye on my head.

2. If you but give me this one chance, and you then decide I'm a werewolf, there'll still be 4 innocents unless the cupided pair dies before then.... and they can overpower votes that a werewolf mayor and his two companions would have.

3. I honestly believe the risk of this is worth if for villagers (and me) or I wouldn't be doing this.
    #
    Murska 16 years ago
    I'd say, that's logical. So, I vote Shingo, the only candidate for mayor. But if you DARE to betray us, the previous captain's fate will seem like a paradise to you.
    #
    E_net4 16 years ago
    Well, Shingo has my vote, then. He has many reasons to be a good Mayor.
    #
    Anonymous1157 16 years ago
    I don't think the next game has officially started. Either that, or we're recycling the WW5 thread for WW6 or something? I'm confused.

edit: Sorry, it's BEEN started. Blame that other WW thread where we decided the theme... for... WW6? Argh, confusing!

I vote for Shingo, too. His reasons seem logical enough.
    #
    MageKing17 16 years ago
    I'm a little wary, naturally (after all, it's entirely possible he's infected), but see no reason not to go with Shingo at this point.

I vote Shingo for captain.
    #
    Madgamer 16 years ago
    I have no idea what the heck mayors can do, but I'll choose Shingo.

Plus, I think Murska has been acting rather erratic to me. Just some... gut feeling I have. It's just that many of his posts kinda leave a gap for you to think about. Get what I'm saying so far?

Of course, I might be jumping to conclusions, but if nobody else acts this weird later on in the game, I'm going to vote off Murska to the execution.

I'm now going to expect some flames and stuff so I'll just sit down and await for my doom to come.
    #
    Anarion 16 years ago
    Well....since everyone else is voting Shingo there's not much point in me voting otherwise is there?

I vote Shingo.
    #
    Amarth 16 years ago
    "Madgamer" said:
    I have no idea what the heck mayors can do
    Their vote is decisive in case of a tie when lynching someone.
    #
    Murska 16 years ago
    "Madgamer" said:
    I have no idea what the heck mayors can do, but I'll choose Shingo.

Plus, I think Murska has been acting rather erratic to me. Just some... gut feeling I have. It's just that many of his posts kinda leave a gap for you to think about. Get what I'm saying so far?

Of course, I might be jumping to conclusions, but if nobody else acts this weird later on in the game, I'm going to vote off Murska to the execution.

I'm now going to expect some flames and stuff so I'll just sit down and await for my doom to come.

Whoh? My posts leave a gap for people to think about? You mean, when I say things like: "The Seer was killed, so who else could have proof?" I'm just hoping(from the last game) that people would use their brains a bit. Last game, I laughed out loud in frustration when they lynched E. Hey, NOBODY else was saying E was no Seer, and STILL people believed Grim...
    #
    E_net4 16 years ago
    Yes, but the only way for me to keep myself alive would be everyone(except the wolves) to vote on Grim. Vacuus was the only unbeliever of the Villagers, while Gemini and Pete didn't vote. I gpe you're not taking the same example of them 2.

Well, prepare to vote. And Madgamer, those aren't enough arguments to make me beleive that he's a wolf. I'm voting on someone else instead.
    #
    Murska 16 years ago
    And, as I have no targets this far, I'm lynching Madgamer, because he voted me. Duh.
    #
    Pete 16 years ago
    "Murska" said:
    And, as I have no targets this far, I'm lynching Madgamer, because he voted me. Duh.
    So do I, as he was the first one to point at someone... plus his reason is silly.

Also, Shingo for Mayor.
    #
    Grim Reaper 16 years ago
    I am the ghost of Werewolf Past... WhooOOOOOooooOOOOooooo...
    #
    E_net4 16 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    lolyughost!
    Did everyone vote for lynch already? You're running out of time.
    #
    Pete 16 years ago
    "E_net4" said:
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    lolyughost!
    Did everyone vote for lynch already? You're running out of time.
    They dont HAVE TO you know.
    #
    Nuklearni-okurka 16 years ago
    Im suspicious of Murska, and im voting to lynch him.
    #
    Forum » Werewolf 5 - Mostly Aermless
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: