Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Werewolf 5 - Mostly Aermless
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Werewolf 5 - Mostly Aermless

Murska 16 years ago
    "Nuklearni-okurka" said:
    Im suspicious of Murska, and im voting to lynch him.

That's kinda suspicious, just saying that suddenly with no proof at all. I'm just hoping I'm not getting bandwagoned.
    #
    Anonymous1157 16 years ago
    I think it IS a bandwagon, and if my prediction is correct, it won't be pretty. That's why I'm going to abstain.
    #
    E_net4 16 years ago
    "Pete" said:
    "E_net4" said:
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    I am the ghost of Werewolf Past... WhooOOOOOooooOOOOooooo...
    lolyughost!
    Did everyone vote for lynch already? You're running out of time.
    They dont HAVE TO you know.
    It is horrible to abstain. The vote is a right And a duty!
    #
    Grim Reaper 16 years ago
    "E_net4" said:
    "Pete" said:
    "E_net4" said:
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    I am the ghost of Werewolf Past... WhooOOOOOooooOOOOooooo...
    lolyughost!
    Did everyone vote for lynch already? You're running out of time.
    They dont HAVE TO you know.
    You're reminding me of the US "patriot" folk who want to make you vote or die (or something like that)...
    #
    Murska 16 years ago
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    I think it IS a bandwagon, and if my prediction is correct, it won't be pretty. That's why I'm going to abstain.

Noo! I'm GOING DOWN.
    #
    Madgamer 16 years ago
    Flame Party, yay.

Like I said before, I'm not going to do anything to hurt or help my position right now and would rather like to see how this turns out. Just keep in mind who you'll vote for, cause most of the time if I see a person with the most influence vote for one of us, the rest will follow that person, taking the victim to their doom.

...I love gambling, the higher the risks, the better the rewards you reap. Wii

Edit: Seems like my chances are slim >.>

Stupid democracy.
    #
    Anarion 16 years ago
    "E_net4" said:
    Voting at this point could quite likely result in the death of an innocent villager....or is that what you are hoping for?
    #
    "Anarion" said:
    "E_net4" said:
    Voting at this point could quite likely result in the death of an innocent villager....or is that what you are hoping for?
    Maybe he knows something nobody else does?

Now that I realize that, it seems a bit risky to leave him be, but I'm not sure if I'm judging him too soon. What if he IS hoping to kill a villager? Then again, what if he's just being an ass again?

I say we all go for E on the next day.
    #
    Amarth 16 years ago
    "Yes, everyone, your votes for the new Captain now, please... There's not much competition, but I'm sure Shingo will appreciate the support... Let's see...

For Shingo: 8 votes: Anarion, Anonymous, E_net, Madgamer, MageKing, Murska, Pete, Shingo
    Abstain: Gemini, Nuk

So, Shingo, you are the new Captain. Congratulations, and we hope you can get us back to Earth."

Shingo steps forward and takes the word.
    "Thank you, thank you, all of you. We have no time to lose. Let us start with a pressing matter. There is a murderer among us. We have no hard proof, so we must use our instincts to survive. I hate to do this, but for the safety of the crew, we have to find the murderer. So I propose we vote. Now, everyone, your votes... Thank you.

Abstain: Anarion, Anonymous, Gemini, Shingo
    Madgamer: 2 votes: Murska and Pete
    MageKing: 1 vote: E_net
    Murska: 3 votes: Madgamer, MageKing, Nuk

Grab him. Let's go to the airlock."

They do as ordered. Two people grab Murska and carry him to the only way outside the ship. He doesn't seem to realize what happens, he doesn't object to his forthcoming death at all. Only when they leave him all alone in the airlock, without space suit, and the inner door closes, he realizes what is going on. From the inside, they can hear him screaming and banging on the door, begging to be let inside again. But the Captain knows no mercy.

"Release the air and open the outer door. He should die of asphyxia in about half a minute if he keeps screaming like that."

They can hear the hissing of air being released. The screaming stops. They can hear the outer door going open. But all the time, the rhythmic bangs on the door continue.

As in a trance, the crew listens. After 5 minutes, the Captain is the first to break the silence.

"What is this noise? It cannot be..."

He activates the security camera monitor next to the airlock door.

"Ye gods! How is this possible?"

On the screen, two things are clearly visible. The first is the open outer door. The second is Murska, still leaning against the door and trying hard to get back in.

The crew leaves the area, dumbfounded. The thumping continues. For the rest of the day, no one dares to come close to the airlock.

Murska was lynched, Murska was Infected. Congrats.

It's night now. Wolves, Angel, new Seer and optionally Vigilante, your targets please.

Dawn at Monday around noon GMT. Not sure about my schedule, so it might be a bit later.
    #
    Idiota 16 years ago
    [i]I might be dead, but the rules stil apply. After Amarth's post, there is to be no talking.
    #
    Amarth 16 years ago
    Chapter 2 - Realization

"Wake up, everyone! This is your Captain. After we disposed of that... thing... yesterday, it is time to return home. Currently, we have a general idea of the direction of Earth, and our new Telepath is trying to reach out. Please, everyone else, come up to the command room as soon as possible. Reminder: it's on the second floor."

After a while, everyone is there. Everyone but one person. Madgamer isn't there.

"Hmm. Where is Madgamer? We need him. Computer! The camera from Madgamer's room, please."
    "Affirmative, sir."
    The screen springs to life. The image shows only static.
    "Dammit computer! What is wrong with that camera?"
    "I detect no anomalies, sir."
    "It shows only static! You don't call that an anomaly?"
    "You sound angered, sir. Anger can reduce the ability to remain logical. I suggest you take a rest, sir."
    Someone laughs, but quickly stops when he sees the face of the Captain.
    "I'm going down there. Computer! Unlock the door."
    "Yes, sir."

The Captain stands before the door to Madgamer's room. On the door is a plaque saying "Pvt Madgamer, Guardianist telepath". With a quick swipe of his access card, the Captain opens the door to the room. Inside - there is blood. A lot of blood. There are body parts. A leg, a hand, some organ - liver? There is a severed head, definitely Madgamer's. The Captain surveys the room. Then, his eye falls on the window. Every crew room has a window, only showing the distant stars the last days. But it doesn't show the distant stars now. On the other side of the window, in the openness of deep space, the white face of Murska returns the Captain's gaze.

"You... No. No. It couldn't have been that thing. He is still outside. DAMN! Are there more like him on our ship? HELL! Computer! Keep everyone in the command room. I don't want ANYONE to be singled out until we return home! I'm returning there myself immediately."

Madgamer the Guardian (Angel) was killed tonight.

Next weekend, I'm away. This day will last until Sunday, 8PMish. Then we'll have a short-ish night till, say, Monday evening 11h59 PM. Wolves, Seer, Vigilante - if you need to contact me that night but you don't think you'll make it during that timeframe, you can always PM me earlier or request additional time (but not too long, please).
    #
    E_net4 16 years ago
    Bloody bastartds!
    They got our shield! Now they just need to steal our sword!

Still, don't panic. Let's think before we proceed with the accusations.
    #
    MageKing17 16 years ago
    ...Well, shit.
    #
    Madgamer 16 years ago
    [Dead Spiritual Being] I expected a LOT more discussion from you guys after being a martyr kill one of the wolves and let Shingo defenseless. C'mon, the deadline is tomorrow and still no freaking discussion at all! I wish I could still participate in this though, ah the good 'ol days.

Plus Amarth, I liked the last wolves game story/dialogues a lot better; I'm guessing Sci-Fi isn't your thing. [/A Bit Dead Spiritual Being]
    #
    Anarion 16 years ago
    Strange that there hasn't been any discussion yet.
    #
    Pete 16 years ago
    "Anarion" said:
    Strange that there hasn't been any discussion yet.
    I guess that the party around the seer already decided who to lynch. I can just hope that they wont lynch me. Seriously, I know I looked suspicious with stupid vote of mine, but Im not Infected. Really.
    #
    E_net4 16 years ago
    Oh well... I did make stupidity too, but it's not my fault.
    Murska told me to, and I got tricked.
    Anyway, we must do something, right?
    We just know that Anarion, Anonymous, Gemini and Shingo didn't vote. But why? Would they look suspicious after their vote?
    Think about it, quickly.
    #
    Shingo 16 years ago
    The telepath (that is the correct term for the seer, right? >.> successfully identified a loyal member of our crew last night. With this in mind, we've narrowed our list of potential suspects. Sadly, since we did not locate a mutant, we will be forced to look at the records of each individual crew-member's actions so that we can hopefully locate a discrepancy that will point out one or more of our foes, to us. With this in mind, I can assure you that the necessary decision of who to execute will be made in time.

Edit: I apologize for my seeming lack of presense. I've been a bit busy, and yes that is my official reason for missing the first vote, take it or leave it, I'm not all that fussed about it since I'd imagine the wolves will murder me tonight anyways..... =/
    #
    E_net4 16 years ago
    That's a nice way to atract votes on you. XD
    Anyway, time's almost up.
    #
    Amarth 16 years ago
    Too tired, sorry. Will post tomorrow. Enjoy the extended time.
    #
    Anarion 16 years ago
    "E_net4" said:
    We just know that Anarion, Anonymous, Gemini and Shingo didn't vote. But why? Would they look suspicious after their vote?
    I have abstained on the fist vote several times now E_net4, so quit trying to make me look suspicious.
    #
    Amarth 16 years ago
    The Captain enters the Command Room where everyone is waiting for him.
    "I have bad news. Indeed, Madgamer has been murdered, and I think there are more like the Shingo-thing [EDIT: Murska-thing] around here."
    Everyone just stares at The Captain, not wanting to think about the implications of this statement.
    "I wonder. Do you remember our hyperjump? What happened right before or after it? You don't remember it, right? Me neither. And I seem to have forgotten a lot of other things. I think something really, really awful happened there. There, in hyperspace."
    The Captain pauses for a while. He continues on a different topic:
    "So, given the bloody mess that was left in Madgamer's room, I can only think of one person who has done it. Pete, our Security Officer."
    Pete objects heavily. There is one other person to support the Captain: E_net. And, when Anarion hears that, he shouts:
    "No way. E_net, you yourself must be the one who did this."

But the Captain is not impressed. Two against one, while everyone else seems to be too absent to join the discussion.
    "So, grab Pete. We're going to the airlock with you. Everyone, come along."

"Open the airlock, please."
    The heavy door opens. The Captain pushes Pete through it.
    "I'm sorry, Pete, but this is best for all of us. Close the doors, please..."
    Once again, they hear screaming and bangs on the door. Some crewmembers shiver slightly.
    "Now remove the air, please."
    The screams stop. The bangs stop, too. The crewmembers exchange puzzled looks. Is he dead? Is it a trick?
    "Open the external door... Okay. Order the robots to drag him outside. Everyone, keep an eye on one another. I don't want anymore incidents to disturb our trip home. We are now returning to the command..."
    He falls silent. The knocks on the door have started again, with double power.

Pete was the Security officer (Vigilante), and thus not an Infected. The votes were
    Pete: E_net, Shingo
    E_net: Anarion
    Abstain: everyone else

Night until Tuesday noon.
    #
    Murska 16 years ago
    Sorry for talking while outside of the ship, but... "Shingo-things"? Is that a some sort of a hint? And, the last part I didn't quite understand: If Pete wasn't evil, then why did the bangs on the door start again, with double power? Anyhow, I kinda like this story. Blame it on me not being dead, after getting lynched.
    #
    Amarth 16 years ago
    Sorry. My mistake. Don't know why I made it . Anyway, Murska-thing, not Shingo-thing, obviously. I'll leave the double power to figure out yourself. Though I suppose you'll see it answered later.

None of my writing should be interpreted as being ingame hints or rule changes or something. I just make some fluffy text around what you guys do.
    #
    Amarth 16 years ago
    Chapter 3 - Malfunction

The whole crew, or rather, those still alive, is gathered in the Command Room, by orders of the Captain.
    "Remember, everyone. There is a murderer among us. Probably an extra-dimensional one even. There are currently 7 left of us. We will sleep in pairs, the 5 others will always keep an eye on each other. Anarion and Nuk, you two sleep first, you seem tired. Try to relax and get some sleep, you'll need it. After everyone has had some sleep, we will once again try to contact Earth and see what needs to be done to get back safely."

An hour later, they are both asleep and the five others are silently waiting. They are watching each other. If one of them makes a move that could be interpreted wrong, that might be enough to get him killed. Suddenly, the computer springs to live.

"Captain, sir, I detect anomalies in the hyperjump core."
    "What? How? Impossible!"
    The computer screen lights up, displaying a schematic view of the ship. A red dot pulses inside a huge cylindrical structure - the hyperjump core.
    "I don't know, Captain. Extended testing seems to suggest one of the dark energy inductors has failed. The robots cannot find anything. Suggested course of action: human check."
    The Captain thinks for a while. The core is essential to get back home, but he cannot risk splitting the group.
    "Okay. Everyone, get up. We're going to the core. Come on, you two! Wake up!"

Nuk is awake quickly enough. Anarion doesn't move.
    "Nuk. Awaken him."
    "Eh... He doesn't breathe, sir. And, err... Nope. No pulse."

Gah, sorry for being this late. Completely forgot about it.

Anarion was a normal Crewmember (=Villager).

Day until Saturday evening. If someone needs more time, let me know and I'll probably allow it for this one time.
    #
    MageKing17 16 years ago
    Damn! This isn't going well.

Okay, step one, consolidate information. Here's the player list:

[ Idiota (Seer - Dead - Aer'd) ]
    [ Murska (Infected - Dead) ]
    [ Madgamer (Angel - Dead) ]
    [ Pete (Vigilante - Dead) ]
    [ Anarion (Crew - Dead) ]
    [ Shingo (Captain) ]
    [ Anonymous1157 ]
    [ E_net4 ]
    [ MageKing17 ]
    [ Nuklearni-okurka ]
    [ The Gemini ]

Someone tell me if I've forgotten somebody... The order is as followed. Dead people are in order of their death, then it's the Captain, then everyone else is alphabetical order.

If we go back, we can see who voted for whom (abstaining has been primarily due to simply not having been there, so we should probably ignore those, however, active voting does provide information, so we do get something).

Step two, analysis. What does this information tell us?

EDIT: Sorry, Nuk, slipped my mind.
    #
    Analysis? Simple. Whoever is infected has been very lucky at getting the crew members voted to death. The REAL problem we face is figuring out who they are.
    #
    Nuklearni-okurka 16 years ago
    I think im invisible
    #
    Anarion 16 years ago
    Actually Nuk, according to the first post you're not even in this game.
    #
    Grim Reaper 16 years ago
    "Anarion" said:
    Actually Nuk, according to the first post you're not even in this game.
    Yes he is.
    #
    Anarion 16 years ago
    Yes. Amarth just pointed out the fact that I just made a complete ass of myself. ops:
    #
    E_net4 16 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    Step two, analysis. What does this information tell us?
    No more than some words. Most of you people are being either lazy or undecided, without the fact that some people might be voting abstence on purpose. I beleive that the infected people tend to get more attention to what's happening, and I think they get to vote more regularly. However, this could be an accuse to myself, but I'm not infected, anyway.
    I'm on the doubts of max. 3 people in here, min. 1 or 2. Nothing much to say. A simple step right now can make things change swiftly, so be careful.
    #
    MageKing17 16 years ago
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    Analysis? Simple. Whoever is infected has been very lucky at getting the crew members voted to death.
    Luck could be part of it. Then again, it could be they've managed to convince someone (or multiple someones) that they're a regular crewmember, and are manipulating people into voting certain ways.

Or it could be luck. We can't know for sure until the game's over.
    #
    Amarth 16 years ago
    The six remaining crewmembers arrive at the hyperspace core.

"So, computer. What is going on here?" the Captain asks.
    "A failure of one of the inductors, sir. I suggest sending in a crewmember to see what is wrong."
    "Hmm. Okay, who of you wants to go see?"

Of course, no one answers. According to the tales, the core is extremely dangerous. Partly, the tales are right - high amounts of dark energy are very unpredictable in the open. While the core is heavily shielded to prevent leakage to the outside, the inside is thought of as suicide. In all the years that teleportation was used, only 3 fatal accidents were reported, so statistically, working with teleportation is about the safest job in existence. The unknown easily scares people.

"No one? Come on, you all know it isn't dangerous. Don't behave childish."

Someone pushes Nuk. He falls in front of the Captian.

"Ah, Nuk? Okay, you go. Thank you man."

Yet, Nuk doesn't seem to complain. He grabs the ladder leading inside the core and starts climbing. Half a minute later, he's out of view.

The computer guides Nuk around. "Two steps higher. Right there. Hold still, I'm going to do it."
    "How very exciting... You are sure everything will be fine?"
    "Yep. It might feel a bit weird, though."
    "What luck I got in here..."
    "I was going to do this anyway - though perhaps with a slightly different destination. Hah. Off you go."
    "A whole new universe to reign..."

Suddenly, the hyperspace core starts humming. The Captain jumps up. "Nuk! Can you hear me? Get out of there! The thing is activating! COMPUTER! Stop the core!"
    "Sir? The core is deactivated."
    "The hell? It is humming! And Nuk is INSIDE!"

Over the humming, they can hear Nuk shouting.

"WE LIVE! WE SPREAD!"

A flash of light, the humming stops. Nuk is gone.

So, Nuk was Infected. The only one to vote was E_net4, who indeed got Nuk.

Night until Monday evening or something. Be silent.
    #
    Amarth 16 years ago
    Chapter 4 - Hope

They return to the Command Room. Once there, the Captain speaks. "So, what is our current state? There are 5 of us left. We already disposed of two of those infected things - one is hovering outside with his new friend and the other one is conquering another universe. I hope we've had all of them. Our computer..."
    A sudden message interrupts him.
    "UN New Frontier? This is Houston Ground Control. We picked up your emergency telepathic beacon and noticed you are slightly off your planned course. We cannot find any other defects, so please return to our solar system ASAP."

The Captain is the first to come to his senses.
    "Houston? We've had a problem. In fact, I'm not entirely sure everything is..."
    The computer interrupts him: "Communication link broken. I am trying to reconnect."
    The Captain remains silent. What would be the use of saying something?

No one was murdered this night. Day until Saturday noon.
    #
    Forum » Werewolf 5 - Mostly Aermless
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: