Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Got a Question? Ask it here! Vol. 2
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Got a Question? Ask it here! Vol. 2

Grim Reaper 16 years ago
    Since the original 'Got a Question?' thread has seemingly been deleted, I decided to make this thread for all the little questions people have that aren't really big enough to conjure a dedicated thread for themselves.

I'll start with a question... Who deleted the original GaQ thread?

Feel free to ask questions of your own whilst I await for the answer to mine.
    #
    Bubb9 16 years ago
    And I need help with uploading an avatar I get errors when doing so and please no stupid questions like "are you puting the URL in" ... If you check the properties its with in boundaries:

#
    Amarth 16 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    I'm-a start with a question... Who deleted the original GaQ thread?
    I'll make an educated guess.

Quan?
    #
    Grim Reaper 16 years ago
    "Amarth" said:
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    I'm-a start with a question... Who deleted the original GaQ thread?
    I'll make an educated guess.

Quan?
    My guess as well. I'm just looking for confirmation on whether it was really him.
    #
    Idiota 16 years ago
    I can confirm that it wasn't me.
    #
    Anonymous1157 16 years ago
    I had at least three questions in that thread, and I still have one that I fecking want answered already!

Remember the one I asked about my joystick-with-a-hat-thingy? (You probably don't.) I need an app that'll let me configure it myself. Forget drivers. They don't exist. I want something that changes what the OS detects.
    #
    Grim Reaper 16 years ago
    Would one o' ye mods be kind enough to sticky this?
    #
    E_net4 16 years ago
    I agree, sticky this.
    #
    *bother*

I can't play Rayman on my MS-DOS jumpdrive because my PC is too fast so the keyboard acts up (I think). What me do!?

No, I don't have an old computer sitting around, and no, the problem is NOT this specific keyboard, and no, I do NOT have SLI, et cetera.
    #
    Amarth 16 years ago
    DosBox.
    #
    Explain how to send internal speaker output to the physical one while using DOSbox. If that can't be done, explain how to get sound working under Windows when playing a Win16 game. If THAT can't be done, give me the help files from the Win3.1 installer and I'll probably never have to complain again about anything that would be considered obsolete by everyone except a handful of people ever again.
    #
    E_net4 16 years ago
    Why do you want to send internal speaker output to the physical one while using DOSbox?
    #
    Amarth 16 years ago
    Step one: plug in normal speakers in sound card.
    Step two, run sound through speakers.
    Step three, pretend it's your internal speaker and marvel at the incredible quality of sound it can generate.

And I installed Win 3.1 a few times, and that wasn't too hard. 'Please insert disk 8/11 now, press a key when ready'. Good thing they invented CD-ROMs after that. So why do you need help files?
    #
    [edit]Bah, you beat me to it. I'm going to have to modify the whole post now. [/edit]

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.opus.co.tt/dave/download/dss.zip">http://www.opus.co.tt/dave/download/dss.zip</a><!-- m -->

Change the setting in the setup file so that it uses the internal speaker. Start up DOSbox. Start up DSS. Direct it to your MP3/WAV. Don't enjoy.

Now then, I need the help files because my specific Win3.1 did not include any, and it refuses to install without them. However, I have a six-disk set from off the internets, so that could explain it.
    #
    E_net4 16 years ago
    -.-
    That sounds ridiculous. Seriously.
    #
    "E_net4" said:
    -.-
    That sounds ridiculous. Seriously.
    No, it really does work. I'm not kidding.

As for the help file part, I have acquired a seven-disk set from another part of the internets. I'm going to attempt to install that one.

Hey, wait a minute... Amarth, whadya mean eleven disks?
    #
    E_net4 16 years ago
    It makes sense for Windows 3.1.
    #
    Argh, nevermind. I got it. All I need now is to figure out how that thing-to-make-DOS7-look-like-6.22-to-apps utility-thing worked.

... Do I even have it anymore? :S

Edit: Uh-oh. It hates DOS 7.1. Kinda weird how it let me install it with the "wrong" version, and even the OS part of the install worked fine.

Oh, well. Off to get 6.2 again.
    #
    Amarth 16 years ago
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    Don't remember exactly, and might have been WIndows 3.11 or something. It's not as if I really care for these inferior operating systems.
    #
    "Amarth" said:
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    Don't remember exactly, and might have been WIndows 3.11 or something. It's not as if I really care for these inferior operating systems.
    It was eight, or at least that's how many the one my dad just informed me he owns (!!!) has. You must be thinking of something else.

... And how dare you call it inferior! I spent WEEKS looking for MS-DOS sound drivers, and I ran into more Win16 drivers than I cared to count! Now, I wish I HAD counted!

/me tries to get DOSbox exclusively to install crap because he does not have floppies.
    #
    Anarion 16 years ago
    Did Zex ever finish his LOTR mod?
    #
    Murska 16 years ago
    No. IIRC, he never finished ANY mods at all.
    #
    Somebody name a few file upload services for me. I had one that I used to use, but I've lost track of it, and I brainfarted so I can't recall any myself.
    #
    Grim Reaper 16 years ago
    <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.ihud.com">http://www.ihud.com</a><!-- w --> for example.
    #
    That works. Thanks, Grim!
    #
    Grim Reaper 16 years ago
    For some odd reason, in Projects Corner and Intelligent Conversation forum sections, new threads and posts in them stay unread untill I press the "mark topics as read" link in the top of the forum section.

Tried clearing cache and removing cookies, no worky.

HALP PLZ!
    #
    Barebones 16 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    For some odd reason, in Projects Corner and Intelligent Conversation forum sections, new threads and posts in them stay unread untill I press the "mark topics as read" link in the top of the forum section.

HALP PLZ!

Weird.

When I close my browser, unread topics are marked as read for me.

But I have had similar problems with Opera and Firefox (on another computer), just set cookies to remove after they expire. PHPBB related cookies expire when browser is closed.
    #
    Grim Reaper 16 years ago
    "Barebones" said:
    "Grim Reaper" said:

HALP PLZ!

Weird.

When I close my browser, unread topics are marked as read for me.

But I have had similar problems with Opera and Firefox (on another computer), just set cookies to remove after they expire. PHPBB related cookies expire when browser is closed.
    The thing is, I close mah br0wzar ONLY when I'm about to close my computer (or if the br0wzar starts fargling up). Also, cookies are set to be baleeted when they expire.
    #
    Grim Reaper 16 years ago
    A question one o' them teachers at the school I go to wanted me to ask if any of you could solve the following dilemma...

In a computar network, there's a profile which is stored in the main server thingy. For some reason, the desktop fer the profile cannot be seen when logged in (i.e. the only thing you see on the screen after login is the taskbar and the desktop image thingy). You CAN, however, navigate to the desktop via file browser or sumpthin'.

The main server thingy is using Win2003 servar.
    #
    Orange Lightning 16 years ago
    I was just wondering if any of you guys can prove the Riemann hypothesis.
    #
    MageKing17 16 years ago
    If we could, we'd have better things to do with our time than hang out here.
    #
    Amarth 16 years ago
    Well, I understand it, I think that's already worth a lot.

[besides the question]
    Zeta functions are cool. I've studied the Igusa zeta function in detail, cool stuff. Wikipedia (currently) even links to an article written by my professor Denef in the article about the Igusa zeta function. How sweet of them.
    #
    Grim Reaper 16 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    A question one o' them teachers at the school I go to wanted me to ask if any of you could solve the following dilemma...

In a computar network, there's a profile which is stored in the main server thingy. For some reason, the desktop fer the profile cannot be seen when logged in (i.e. the only thing you see on the screen after login is the taskbar and the desktop image thingy). You CAN, however, navigate to the desktop via file browser or sumpthin'.

The main server thingy is using Win2003 servar.
    So, can anyone help me with this?
    #
    Amarth 16 years ago
    Linux.

Or rather, nope, I can't help.
    #
    MageKing17 16 years ago
    Troubleshooting servers is not something I ever learned. Sorry.
    #
    Forum » Got a Question? Ask it here! Vol. 2
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: