Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Got a Question? Ask it here! Vol. 2
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Got a Question? Ask it here! Vol. 2

Anonymous1157 16 years ago
    This question might seem retarded, but have I missed anything? After all, it's been about half a year.
    #
    Grim Reaper 16 years ago
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    This question might seem retarded, but have I missed anything? After all, it's been about half a year.
    Yes.
    #
    Amarth 16 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    Yes.
    Clarification: yes, your question is retarded.

#
    Grim Reaper 16 years ago
    What's that Megaman-related icon doing there (see attachment)?

The icon persisted through browsing somewhere else in the same tab and then returning to said page, went away upon reading new posts of the thread.

EDIT: Nevermind, seemed to be a cache error thingamajig.
    #
    Crazy 16 years ago
    Well. I guess it is obvious who will win the Nomic.

THE PERSON WITH A MEGAMAN AVATAR.
    #
    Grim Reaper 15 years ago
    Why the forkenstein is the censorship thingamajig not working properly? I've disabled the word censoring in my UCP (User Control Panel), but the words still get censored.
    #
    MageKing17 15 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    Why the forkenstein is the censorship thingamajig not working properly? I've disabled the word censoring in my UCP (User Control Panel), but the words still get censored.
    I've noticed that myself. It appears to happen with "f*cking", though I've no idea if this is the only affected word.
    #
    Grim Reaper 15 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    I've noticed that myself. It appears to happen with "f*cking", though I've no idea if this is the only affected word.
    I noticed this when I viewed my post in the Scammers Getting Scammed thread over at the JK section. The word "sh*t" was censored.
    #
    Leego 15 years ago
    WAD UP Gangstazzz....?
    #
    Grim Reaper 15 years ago
    "Leego" said:
    WAD UP Gangstazzz....?
    The ceiling, at least.
    #
    Leego 15 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    "Leego" said:
    WAD UP Gangstazzz....?
    The ceiling, at least.

cah-maaannnn, is that alll, gimme some more
    #
    Idiota 15 years ago
    "Leego" said:
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    "Leego" said:
    WAD UP Gangstazzz....?
    The ceiling, at least.

cah-maaannnn, is that alll, gimme some more

CRIKEY IT'S HIM.

Hi Leego.
    #
    Leego 15 years ago
    howdy, what's with the new look?
    #
    Murska 15 years ago
    Leego! Long long loooooooooong time no see.
    #
    Idiota 15 years ago
    new forum software. It's teh awesome for us admins.
    #
    Leego 15 years ago
    hey Murska! yeah i know it has been a while, huhh?

Idiota,

yeah i kinda miss the old look you know? brings back memories and such...

p.s, congrats on becoming a mod,
    #
    Idiota 15 years ago
    "Leego" said:

Idiota,

yeah i kinda miss the old look you know? brings back memories and such...

p.s, congrats on becoming a mod,

Don't tell me that the last time you were here I wasn't a mod yet... :p That goes back, my friend, way back.
    #
    Murska 15 years ago
    "Leego" said:

Sure has. I don't think I even remembered you anymore.
    #
    E_net4 15 years ago
    Great to see old folks coming back.
    #
    Pete 15 years ago
    Aint it though?
    #
    ahrenjb 14 years ago
    "Pete" said:
    Aint it though?

Maybe.
    #
    Murska 14 years ago
    Got a question. I almost had a heart attack when I saw the main page changed layout, surfing the site just before going to sleep at 7 in the morning. If I had had one, could I have sued you guys?

Awesome looking, though.
    #
    Idiota 14 years ago
    Yeah, it's really, really neat.
    #
    ville 14 years ago
    Thanks! You can also use the comments system on the main page for commenting it. And I'm pretty sure you could sue me, though I would try to settle it outside court.
    #
    Anonymous1157 14 years ago
    Yea, it's an interesting layout. Now it actually looks like a page built by a serious game developer instead of resembling a blog site by an amateur one. (You could've kept the sidebar with the "New Art" ticker and stuff, though.)
    #
    Grim Reaper 14 years ago
    Is fun to see your (and presumably Anne's) avatars represented on the webpage proper
    #
    ville 14 years ago
    Yeah, the old layout was kind of outdated now. It used to be cool in 2003 though.
    I haven't had a chance to work on many new pictures lately, so I didn't keep the new art box. I'll probably show off my new artworks on the blog anyway.

Yes, that's my old avatar. I redid the face to look more serious and less surprised. The other one is not Anne's avatar though, it just fit there better than her actual avatar.
    #
    Grim Reaper 14 years ago
    "ville" said:
    The other one is not Anne's avatar though, it just fit there better than her actual avatar.
    I'm still going to go ahead and assume the person pictured on the right is more-or-less the same as the one in Anne's avatar.
    #
    SilentAssassin 14 years ago
    dont laugh but how the hell are you meant to pass that first planet in wazzal 2
    #
    E_net4 14 years ago
    The only reason that lets us laugh at you is the fact that you didn't post in the right section. Go here instead.
    #
    LunaticNeko 14 years ago
    "ville" said:
    Yeah, the old layout was kind of outdated now. It used to be cool in 2003 though.
    I haven't had a chance to work on many new pictures lately, so I didn't keep the new art box. I'll probably show off my new artworks on the blog anyway.

Yes, that's my old avatar. I redid the face to look more serious and less surprised. The other one is not Anne's avatar though, it just fit there better than her actual avatar.

I feel like an old man now, with many changes to the site. I always thought the woman on the right is Anne. And I'm not really used to this design, too.

Maybe because it's my department is all "WORDPRESS WORDPRESS WORDPRESS! ANDROID ANDROID ANDROID! UBUNTU UBUNTU UBUNTU!" to me, that can be a reason.

@Leego Familiar face! I remember you!

My own question: How much diagram and drawings should there be in my presentation? Here's the intel...
    - Age range: Secondary & Undergrad
    - Expected "Opposition": six professors. one conservative and easily-annoyed, one listener, two curious cats, two ministry of science officials that will not ask anything (it could be the director herself with one assistant, or just 2 regular professors. these two guys mark scores)
    - Other possible audiences: Other students, general visitors to the Annual Conference (which means there can be more businessmen and other institution-based people)
    - Time: 10-15 minutes, unlimited question-barrage time
    - Place: Room, many seats
    - Highest Prize: Free Scholarship and trip to Monkkonen Residence (latter part is a joke ^ ^")
    #
    Amarth 14 years ago
    "Thaimodz" said:
    My own question: How much diagram and drawings should there be in my presentation? Here's the intel...
    - Age range: Secondary & Undergrad
    - Expected "Opposition": six professors. one conservative and easily-annoyed, one listener, two curious cats, two ministry of science officials that will not ask anything (it could be the director herself with one assistant, or just 2 regular professors. these two guys mark scores)
    - Other possible audiences: Other students, general visitors to the Annual Conference (which means there can be more businessmen and other institution-based people)
    - Time: 10-15 minutes, unlimited question-barrage time
    - Place: Room, many seats
    - Highest Prize: Free Scholarship and trip to Monkkonen Residence (latter part is a joke ^ ^")
    Is there any more context on this that I missed? What is the presentation *about*? Is it something scientific? Some sort of proposal? Something about you?

A good presentation features a few slides with little text and many diagrams. You tell the text yourself. If you just read off your slides, people will read ahead and not listen anymore. Complex diagrams might even better be presented by just drawing them yourself on a blackboard. For 10-15 minutes I'd go with roughly 5-10 slides, depending on what you are presenting of course. Make sure to tune your presentation to your audience.
    #
    LunaticNeko 14 years ago
    Thanks for your input. The work is computer-related scientific research. I'm making it 90% diagrams, but there's going to be a chalkboard right next to me when I present.

All the stuff I go around, I'm trying my best to not overload them with text. As for exact count and group of audience, the staff will tell a day in advance, giving time to fine-tune the presentation.

And yeah, I'm making sure I won't run short of bibliographical reference too. In case they ask me for those.
    #
    MageKing17 14 years ago
    "Amarth" said:
    Complex diagrams might even better be presented by just drawing them yourself on a blackboard.
    This is true because people like to see the diagram being constructed step by step. If you make your slide animate this process, you can achieve the same effect without using the blackboard; on the other hand, doing it yourself on the blackboard lends it that "personal touch" which is hard to quantify.
    #
    LunaticNeko 14 years ago
    Most of my slide is animated, but not to the extent that will bore the audience, though. (I mean, some transitions and effects to give the direction where it's going, but nothing flashy. It annoys me myself too so I don't use them.)

There usually is a blackboard there, but the staff will tell us which room to use, and, ahem, whether there's going to be a blackboard. The last time we're there, he said "Sorry, kid. No blackboards for you geeks. The *genius* (VERY sarcastic tone!) at Maths department said they need all of that... I feel sorry for the Maths students now." We almost "gone rofl".

Actually, unless my computer is going to have a full tablet/touchscreen compatibility, the blackboard is way to go when presenting something complex that I need to "trace its steps".
    #
    Forum » Got a Question? Ask it here! Vol. 2
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: