Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Werewolf ep. 6
  • « previous
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • » next
  • Werewolf ep. 6

    Crazy 9 years ago
    It used to be different. The sun didn't scorch all that went beneath it. The air used to be breathable. The Earth use to have life.

    But this is just data now. Data on the mainframe of one of the few clans that still inhabit the Earth. The sons of Man, the whipping boys of Earth, these creatures are neither human nor natural. Mostly machine, they walk the barren landscape, searching for anything that can be processed into food. Though their mechanized hearts still beat and their thoughts are still awake, they are no hope for the ruined Earth. What they can hope is to one day escape the clutches of the planet, and that is what this small clan has come closer to than anyone else.

    All the data is in their mainframe, part of their "home", which spends most it's time in this ruined city synthesizing edible substances just to keep the clan alive. Just enough data to offer new hope. Just enough data to let humanity start over. Just enough. And this little mainframe sits and waits. You see, it doesn't have much to do while he entire clan is out scavenging. It flings around random files in it's system, as the most interesting thing to do, prepare the House for the return of the Scavengers, which mostly just includes flicking a few switches, has been long completed.

    Slowly it gets anxious, for the night is beginning to end and the Scavengers are soon to return. And then something happens. Something that has not happened for its one hundred and seventy-three years of existence. Little lights on multitudes of panels go out. One of the Scavengers is dead. One is dead. An ancient life, brought to a fantastic age by machinery, put out.

    "One is dead!" cries the mainframe, "One is dead!"

    "One is dead!" echoes in the House.

    "One is dead!" echoes from the skyscrapers.

    "One is dead!" echoes in the minds of the Scavengers.



    And as such, night begins. Well, story wise it just ended, but yeah. Sorry for not having any illustrations, but in this case, they desperately needed color, and i'm quite unable to lower the amount of detail i put into drawing, so it would end up taking me over 7 hours for an illustration.

    Players are as such: Shingo, Pete, Murska, Nuk, E_net4, Amarth, Anonymous1157, Anarion, Grimsy.

    Roles are as such: Villagers, wolves, Guardian Angel, Seer, Cupid, Aer.

    I'm cutting the vigilante because there are less players this match.

    Dawn set for Tuesday 18:00 GMT. Or so.

    If you are yet to receive a notification, then know that i'm starting to send them AFTER i've written this here. I don't know how Amarth did it.

    Now go forth and DIE


    [EDIT] Gnyaah! Almost forgot. Villager notification as such:

    You were quite alarmed when one night out alone Scavenging when the mainframe cried.

    You began to rush back to the House, but you knew you won't get there before morn'.

    You are a "Villager". Find the enemy among you and smother it gently.

    mm... gently and lovingly...[/EDIT]
    #
    Idiota 9 years ago
    Who died?
    #
    Crazy 9 years ago
    Uhm...

    Dawn set for Tuesday 18:00 GMT. Or so.
    I just took it at different angle. Y'know. Story. N'stuff.
    #
    MageKing17 9 years ago
    Hee hee... this should be interesting to watch.
    #
    Anonymous1157 9 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    Hee hee... this should be interesting to watch.
    ... You're not playing?

    ...

    Oh my...
    #
    E_net4 9 years ago
    PSST!
    Tuesday has passed already, Crazy!
    #
    Crazy 9 years ago
    Insane lack of time. This is actually the first time i've sat behind a computer since Monday. I'm closing the night, however, i'm not announcing morning yet, as i lack a story, and as you can see, this was to be a somewhat important story point. I -SHOULD- only have school tomorrow, though, so i'm probably opening morn' first chance i get.
    #
    Murska 9 years ago
    And time seems to slow down while the Scavengers are running. They get home much slower than they should have.
    #
    Nuklearni-okurka 9 years ago
    Lolz scavanger
    #
    Crazy 9 years ago
    It's still dark when the Scavengers arrive. One by one, they reach the House, and they all, one after the other, rush to check the panels. No one says a word to them, allowing them to see for themselves. After a quick talk it's decided that a small party will go and recover the body. They know the region he was supposed to be in and they can still detect an electronic signal if they get to the area.

    But as much as they rushed, when they returned, the Sun was already burning and the search party had to run from shade to shade in order to avoid damaging their rather delicate systems. They were able to return to the House unharmed, though a bit overheated.

    The body was laid down and in silence, his mask was slowly removed. Noone really knew why, though. Maybe as a sign of respect, perhaps because they wanted to see his battered face for the last time. It took a bit of time to remove the main piece, the modified gas mask that the rest was built around as the screws holding it in place were of a strange size. But once it came off, the side pieces and scalp cover were a bit easier to remove. Then the various wires going in mostly through his missing left eye and from under his left cheek were removed. They continued to unravel the different liquid tubes and even detached the extra gas filter from where his lower jaw once used to be, even though it was obvious from the moment they took a look at the panels that it was Nuk.

    A few hours later, a human body, shed of any machinery, was lying on the floor. There wasn't much left of it, for as soon as an organ or limb stops functioning it is replaced with an artificial device. And Nuk had all of his internal organs removed along with his lower body. What was lying on the floor really wasn't much more than a hollow torso with one arm and a head. But soon enough there wan' even that, since Nuk was processed as organic material. Food for the others. A gruesome end, the only one still left in this world.

    In life support unit they found the bullet that had killed him. A unique 7.55 mm rifle round. Unique because there was only one clan that had weapons firing such ammunition. Their own.

    It was an unsettling day. No one spoke a word and no one trusted the other. Even new of a device that allowed Nuk to track what the Scavengers were doing during the night nor it's sudden disappearance had little effect on the group.

    Some decision had to be made by the night.

    Nuk is dead. He was the Seer. The Aer is now the Seer.

    Nightfall at twenty-hundred hours Saturday GMT.
    #
    MageKing17 9 years ago
    XD

    Lost your seer!
    #
    Crazy 9 years ago
    Forgetting the Aer, are we?

    'cause i know i did, editing... :S
    #
    Pete 9 years ago
    Talk about bad luck. One result of screening was just lost. Good thing we still at least have the seer himself though...

    So, any suspicions? Not probable, I know, but still, its worth a shot.
    #
    E_net4 9 years ago
    We just started. But I think we can take conclusions about, huh, Nuk. He's dead, but who would have killed him in the first night? Was that smart? Why did he do it?
    #
    Amarth 9 years ago
    Well... Who'll want Nuk dead? That's easy.

    Grim.
    #
    Grim Reaper 9 years ago
    Now why would I want Nuk dead? Sure, I think he's annoying (at least sometimes), but if I were a wolf, I'd have killed a more experienced and in other ways better player.

    Nuk just doesn't seem all that threatening to me.
    #
    E_net4 9 years ago
    Same to me, that's why I was wondering.
    Now... shall we vote randomly or just don't vote?
    #
    Amarth 9 years ago
    We also need a mayor. Well, not really need. We could use a mayor.
    #
    E_net4 9 years ago
    I think there's no mayor in this game... Crazy?
    #
    Grim Reaper 9 years ago
    "E_net4" said:
    I think there's no mayor in this game... Crazy?
    He said on IRC that we can have a mayor if we want.
    #
    E_net4 9 years ago
    Ok.
    I, E_net4, shall candidate myself to mayor. As you could see, I had a fine deduction last game. Also, I'm not a werewolf. I'm the best choice if you want to see them all on our feet.
    #
    MageKing17 9 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    "E_net4" said:
    I think there's no mayor in this game... Crazy?
    He said on IRC that we can have a major if we want.
    Is that a typo, or did I miss something about the setting?
    #
    Anarion 9 years ago
    Well, since I am once again a simple villager, I also nominate myself for the position of mayor....if indeed there is to be one.
    #
    Grim Reaper 9 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    "E_net4" said:
    I think there's no mayor in this game... Crazy?
    He said on IRC that we can have a major if we want.
    Is that a typo, or did I miss something about the setting?
    Typo. The Finnish J sound is pretty darn close to the English Y sound.
    #
    MageKing17 9 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    Typo. The Finnish J sound is pretty darn close to the English Y sound.
    Figured. That way in a lot of languages.
    #
    E_net4 9 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    Typo. The Finnish J sound is pretty darn close to the English Y sound.
    Figured. That way in a lot of languages.
    Like german.

    But anyway, why do you want to be mayor? You have not enough reasons to do so.
    Just saying, perhaps you might beat me, but are you worthier than me?
    Or is that just a way to lead the Werewolves to victory?
    #
    Grim Reaper 9 years ago
    "E_net4" said:
    But anyway, why do you want to be mayor? You have not enough reasons to do so.
    And you DO have enough reasons to become a mayor?
    #
    Crazy 9 years ago
    Uhm. Isn't the "y" in "mayor" silent? As in, pronounced "meer" in Finnish (and most other European languages)? Note: It's not silent in "major", however. I mean the military... thing...

    And i never mentioned the mayor as it seems to me that including a mayor is more an agreement between players than something enforced by the GM.

    Maybe you can think of something similar?
    #
    Grim Reaper 9 years ago
    "Crazy" said:
    Uhm. Isn't the "y" in "mayor" silent? As in, pronounced "meer" in Finnish (and most other European languages)?
    It's pronounced more like "may-er" when using English phonetics, or "mei-ör" when using Finnish phonetics. I wasn't paying that much attention to what I wrote at the time. Besides, Y and J are close enough for typoes to happen.
    #
    Amarth 9 years ago
    "Crazy" said:
    And i never mentioned the mayor as it seems to me that including a mayor is more an agreement between players than something enforced by the GM.
    It does change the rules, be it slightly. So it seems part of the duty of the GM to me.

    I don't really know what to say... I don't trust E, he never tried Mayor before. Grim's reasoning about not killing Nuk might as well be a deception - I'll kill Nuk because then I can say I'd never kill Nuk because he's too easy a target. And Anarion, hmm...

    I'll vote Grim for lynch and Anarion for mayor, but I might still change.
    #
    MageKing17 9 years ago
    Crazy, have you already forgotten? The mayor's vote is an automatic tiebreaker in lynch votes.
    #
    Crazy 9 years ago
    No, i haven't. But it's basically possible to circumvent the GM in the mayors work by the GM announcing a tie and then the players just revoting against whoever the mayor chooses.

    Or something.
    #
    Amarth 9 years ago
    I don't know... revotes are easy to do IRL, but on the internet you can never be sure everyone is going to answer, and your whole timeframe will be moved around. Not that you need to keep to it, obviously, that was just my way of doing things.

    On second thought, Grimsy might be a tad too obvious. Anonymous perhaps?
    #
    E_net4 9 years ago
    What would be the difference? After all, we don't have a clue.
    I shall take the same vote as you do, then. Not sure whether will take us to something, but as I said, we can't guess anything for now.
    #
    Grim Reaper 9 years ago
    "E_net4" said:
    I shall take the same vote as you do, then.
    Care to specify?
    #
    Forum » Werewolf ep. 6
  • « previous
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • » next
  • Post Reply


    Your email:
    Your name: