Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Star Craft II
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Star Craft II

harwe 16 years ago
    I wonder if its a good idea for them to develop World of Starcraft....
    #
    Grim Reaper 16 years ago
    "harwe" said:
    Of COURSE it'd be a good idea. And I kinda bet they'll do it eventually.
    #
    Barebones 16 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    "harwe" said:
    Of COURSE it'd be a good idea. And I kinda bet they'll do it eventually.

Its a horrible money-sucking idea, but at least it will have better PvP.
    #
    NeoGangster 16 years ago
    I wonder how a World of Starcraft would look like...
    "Oh look he got a lvl 60 Zergling, but my lvl 1 Dark Templar could own him easily as he is invisible..." xD
    Well they would have to make "world of Starcraft" way different from WoW
    #
    The Gemini 16 years ago
    I believe it could work. There aren't many science fiction MMORPGs out there anyway...
    #
    Crazy 16 years ago
    "Yeah, i want to gain a level, but Blizzard needs to spawn more Overlords."
    #
    Idiota 16 years ago
    If you really think about it, yeah, it should be possible. But it's not like they can change a few textures in WoW and call it WoS. in the Warcraft universe, there were already many classes present before they made World of Warcraft. In fact, all of them were. While you can see those classes in Starcraft too somewhat, it will be harder to make it into a balanced game. (Ghost > Marine)
    #
    harwe 16 years ago
    "NeoGangster" said:

"Oh look he got a lvl 60 Zergling, but my lvl 1 Dark Templar could own him easily as he is invisible..."
    not true man, have you played the RPG maps on brood war where everything is tweaked to a point where you upgraded the armor and attacks crazily that only the big bosses could touch you./
    #
    Binky 16 years ago
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    "Amarth" said:
    Teamplay where you are both managing the same base...
    Can't you do that in any other game by putting your HQ-type buildings right next to each other? 'Cause, y'know, I kinda did it. Works nicely in AoE2.
    Not what Amarth meant. We played this game with me and Amarth versus Murska and Anarion, and our units and bases were COMPLETELY shared (control, colour, everything)!
    ... Oh.

Yea, I've done THAT, too. TA Spring can do that if you set your color the same as someone else IIRC.
    Erm, do you mean just have the same color and bases right next to eachother? Because in Starcraft, you can control the same UNITS, and buildings, not just have the same color.
    #
    Binky 16 years ago
    (Sorry for the double post...)
    Ahem.

STARCRAFT 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    #
    MageKing17 16 years ago
    "Binky" said:
    ...If you realize it's wrong, why did you do it?
    #
    E_net4 16 years ago
    And after all, you could have edited the last post.
    #
    Anonymous1157 16 years ago
    ... And he misunderstood me in the first half of the double-post.

No, Binky, you control the same UNITS. Not just the same color. Actually, it'd be a little confusing if you were allowed to do that, don'tcha think?
    #
    Binky 16 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    "Binky" said:
    ...If you realize it's wrong, why did you do it?
    I did it because.... The emotion in the second part was too strong for a single post? Yeah, lets go with that.
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    ... And he misunderstood me in the first half of the double-post.

No, Binky, you control the same UNITS. Not just the same color. Actually, it'd be a little confusing if you were allowed to do that, don'tcha think?
    Thats what I meant! You have the same color, AND you control the same units! Sheesh.
    #
    MageKing17 16 years ago
    "Binky" said:
    Thats what I meant! You have the same color, AND you control the same units! Sheesh.
    Which is exactly what he said. What aren't you getting, here?
    #
    Let's just leave it at that, shall we?

Alright, Starcraft 2... uh...
    #
    Binky 16 years ago
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    Let's just leave it at that, shall we?

Alright, Starcraft 2... uh...
    Is going to be awesome?
    #
    Murska 16 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    "Binky" said:
    Which is exactly what he said. What aren't you getting, here?

Let me clear this up. If I'm correct, first Anon said that in TA Spring, you can control the same units. (A bit vaguely)
    Then Binky asked if it was controlling the same units, or just sharing the same color.
    Then Anon said: No(?), it was the same units AND the same color.(Duh, same units, same color)
    Then, Binky said that's what he meant, same color AND same units.

What I don't get: How can you have a different color but the same units(units including buildings)?
    #
    You can donate units in Spring, and when you exit a game before it ends, you're given a choice as to whether or not give your crap to an ally or turn it into a field of spikes.

... But that's not sharing units that have different colors.
    #
    MageKing17 16 years ago
    Just... just stop. It's going nowhere. Just drop it. It's not even that important.
    #
    Zanfib 16 years ago
    "The Gemini" said:
    In my eyes, there's nothing you can improve with Star Craft. If the graphic is at the same level as Earth 2160, I'm happy.

I disagree.

Only being able to control twelve units at a time makes me want to scream bloody murder.
    #
    Murska 16 years ago
    Yeah, and more units.
    #
    Zanfib 16 years ago
    And you can in fact control more then twelve units at a time.

Also: the new units look awesome.
    #
    Marevix 16 years ago
    "Zanfib" said:
    Only being able to control twelve units at a time makes me want to scream bloody murder.

I always assumed that the twelve-unit limit was to discourage a simple mass-unit attack.
    #
    "Marevix" said:
    "Zanfib" said:

I always assumed that the twelve-unit limit was to discourage a simple mass-unit attack.
    I'm guessing he kinda WANTED a simple mass-unit attack.
    #
    Amarth 16 years ago
    "Marevix" said:
    "Zanfib" said:

True. It was to encourage players to do more small-scale warfare. Only, everyone does the glorious battles with lots of units as it's simply more fun.

Good thing they changed it.
    #
    MageKing17 16 years ago
    "Marevix" said:
    "Zanfib" said:
    Yes, that was the original goal. The problem was that everyone did it anyway, using control groups.
    #
    The Gemini 16 years ago
    Oh, forgot that bit. That might be the single drawback of Starcraft.

While on the topic of RTS, have anyone got Supreme Commander?
    #
    MageKing17 16 years ago
    /me raises his hand

Murska has it too.
    #
    The Gemini 16 years ago
    More people should have it.
    #
    Idiota 16 years ago
    my computer can't handle it. :p
    #
    Murska 16 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    /me raises his hand

Murska has it too.

Yeah, I do HAVE it, and I own it legally. It HAS got some problems on the WORKING side, but SP works quite fine.
    #
    MageKing17 16 years ago
    "The Gemini" said:
    "Idiota" said:
    And that's why more people don't have it.
    "Murska" said:
    "MageKing17" said:
    /me raises his hand

Murska has it too.
    Yeah, I do HAVE it, and I own it legally. It HAS got some problems on the WORKING side, but SP works quite fine.
    Your fault for trying to run it in Win2K.
    #
    Murska 16 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    "The Gemini" said:
    "Idiota" said:
    And that's why more people don't have it.
    "Murska" said:
    "MageKing17" said:
    /me raises his hand

Murska has it too.
    Your fault for trying to run it in Win2K.

The game's fault for not supporting win2k and using the stupid new sound system that only causes problems on all platforms.
    #
    MageKing17 16 years ago
    "Murska" said:
    The game's fault for not supporting win2k and using the stupid new sound system that only causes problems on all platforms.
    ...Except, you know, ones that it was designed for. I run it just fine, thank you.
    #
    Forum » Star Craft II
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: