Register
Email: Password:
Forum » New Forum software
  • « previous
  • » next
  • New Forum software

Amarth 16 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    I think I know why that newcomer's postcount is at 2 even though he has three posts:

The numbering starts from zero.
    Now there is a bug if I ever saw one :/
    #
    E_net4 16 years ago
    Does that mean we actually have 1 more post than the described number of posts?
    #
    Pete 16 years ago
    Speaking of posts... Im in the top ten posters! Hooray!
    *celebrates*
    #
    E_net4 16 years ago
    "Pete" said:
    Speaking of posts... Im in the top ten posters! Hooray! *celebrates*
    I did celebrate too. It seems that the oldest posts were removed. People who posted more recently gets to win the gold, then. (Not really gold, but heh... )
    #
    Idiota 16 years ago
    Post count is such a poor indication. I only post when I feel like I got something important to share with you guys, not when I feel like showing how much non-information I can relay to you in X seconds
    #
    Murska 16 years ago
    "Idiota" said:
    Post count is such a poor indication. I only post when I feel like I got something important to share with you guys, not when I feel like showing how much non-information I can relay to you in X seconds

No, post count is a good indication of how many posts has someone made.
    #
    Nuklearni-okurka 16 years ago
    Post count tells you how the user spams.
    #
    Grim Reaper 16 years ago
    "Nuklearni-okurka" said:
    Not necessarily. One could have thousands of posts which are all helpful, on-topic, etc.

I'm not saying it's likely, but it's possible.
    #
    Murska 16 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    "Nuklearni-okurka" said:
    Not necessarily. One could have thousands of posts which are all helpful, on-topic, etc.

Or, more likely, user could have thousands of posts, most of which are helpful, on-topic, etc.
    And then some in forum games and some not-so-helpful and some useless and some celebrating something and stuff.
    #
    MageKing17 16 years ago
    "Murska" said:
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    "Nuklearni-okurka" said:

Or, more likely, user could have thousands of posts, most of which are helpful, on-topic, etc.
    And then some in forum games and some not-so-helpful and some useless and some celebrating something and stuff.
    Rather like me, I suppose.

To be perfectly honest, I never take post counts seriously. I'll glance at them, but mostly just to see if someone is new (on these forums, I can tell if someone's new without looking at their post count, so I don't really look at it all that often. ).
    #
    Idiota 16 years ago
    Last time I checked someone's post count was a looong while ago. But let's not float off track here, and let this be the final word said in the post count discussion.
    #
    MageKing17 16 years ago
    More on-topic, it's a bit harder to see which forums have new posts at a glance, because the difference is in the border of the button, not the main body of it (like in the old style).
    #
    Crazy 16 years ago
    Yeah, no.
    #
    ville 16 years ago
    I recommend using the show new posts button on the main page.
    #
    MageKing17 16 years ago
    "ville" said:
    I recommend using the show new posts button on the main page.
    I don't trust those buttons, as I've used forums before that didn't show all the new posts. I'm getting used to spotting the red borders, though, so it's all good.
    #
    Grim Reaper 16 years ago
    Huzzah, a marvelous new (or at least I think it's new) addition hath taken place!

If you click on the "Go To First Unread Post" icon thing on a topic, and the topic has new posts in more than one page, it won't automatically assume you've read 'em all if you go back to the forum section after viewing all of the unread posts on the first page.
    #
    MageKing17 16 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    Huzzah, a marvelous new (or at least I think it's new) addition hath taken place!

If you click on the "Go To First Unread Post" icon thing on a topic, and the topic has new posts in more than one page, it won't automatically assume you've read 'em all if you go back to the forum section after viewing all of the unread posts on the first page.
    Also, if you read the new posts in a thread, then go somewhere else but are still on the forums, then yet more new posts are added, it doesn't take you to the OLD new posts, like the old software used to.
    #
    Amarth 16 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    Also, if you read the new posts in a thread, then go somewhere else but are still on the forums, then yet more new posts are added, it doesn't take you to the OLD new posts, like the old software used to.
    Good thing that's over. Annoying thing that was.
    #
    Grim Reaper 16 years ago
    The obscurity of the "Enable Forum Censoring" option in the UCP is still bothering me. Could you please make it affect any and all censoring instead of just some? Bothers me a bit to see them [censored] replacers even though I have the option disabled.
    #
    ville 16 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    The obscurity of the "Enable Forum Censoring" option in the UCP is still bothering me. Could you please make it affect any and all censoring instead of just some? Bothers me a bit to see them [censored] replacers even though I have the option disabled.

It's more than likely a bug in the forum software, let's hope it will get fixed soon.

[Edit] I found a way to disable it. You should now be able to disable word censoring in your user preferences.
    #
    Grim Reaper 16 years ago
    Seems to be working properly now. Thanks for that, Ville!
    #
    MageKing17 16 years ago
    Testing: Shit, fuck, damn, hell, crap.

Yup, it works.
    #
    Cejer 16 years ago
    Has any thought been given to including a [spoiler] block? If you're unfamiliar with them, they allow you to hide unneeded but possibly relevant text (like examples) until the reader clicks on the button.
    #
    Grim Reaper 16 years ago
    "Cejer" said:
    Has any thought been given to including a [spoiler] block? If you're unfamiliar with them, they allow you to hide unneeded but possibly relevant text (like examples) until the reader clicks on the button.
    Aye, 'twould be neat to FINALLY get the [spoiler] tags as an actual implemented feature.
    #
    Redemption 16 years ago
    It still censors stuff in quotes.
    #
    Anarion 16 years ago
    Have you turned off censoring in your CP?
    #
    Grim Reaper 16 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    Testing: Shit, fuck, damn, hell, crap.

Yup, it works.
    Post quoted for testing purposes.

EDIT: As you can see, there's nothing wrong with the quotings.
    #
    Narvius 16 years ago
    And afaik it shouldn't. Although it's displayed in another way, it's still plain text for the parser...
    #
    Redemption 16 years ago
    "Anarion" said:
    Have you turned off censoring in your CP?
    Yeah, but I think I know what the the problem was. I checked the quotes that were made when censoring was stuck on, so the text quoted back then was the [censored] things.
    #
    Amarth 16 years ago
    Bah, censoring, causes more problems than it solves.
    #
    Grim Reaper 16 years ago
    BBCode brainfarted in the Notrium section, it seems.
    #
    E_net4 16 years ago
    Are you thinking of adding the [Spoiler] tags, Ville? It would be a wonderful feature.
    #
    Grim Reaper 16 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    BBCode brainfarted in the Notrium section, it seems.
    Gah, I was mistaken. It's the Cormoon Development section that has BBCode off... or was it both?
    #
    Madgamer 16 years ago
    What the...

5 of the sections in forums seems to be missing... If this isn't Ville's doing, then I don't know what. o_0
    #
    Amarth 16 years ago
    Seems like they are in subcategory 'games', but us normal peeps don't have the rights to see them. Which might be a mistake or perhaps Ville is still figuring out things.

What a shock, btw.
    #
    Forum » New Forum software
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: