Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Merry Christmas
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Merry Christmas

E_net4 16 years ago
    Christmas is coming, so let's talk about it.
    #
    Grim Reaper 16 years ago
    Santa Claus / Father Christmas / Joulupukki lives in Finland, not North Pole.

Now that that's settled, let's move on to some other Christmas-related stuffs.
    #
    E_net4 16 years ago
    ...Alright... The presents.

What did you ask for Christmas? I asked for moar RAM, The Orinj Bawks, a special mouse, and Adobe Fireworks.
    Yeah, Fireworks is really expensive, and the chances are mostly null.
    #
    Bones 16 years ago
    Ho-ho-ho...
    I want some more RAM too...
    I have only 512 MB of it...
    Life sucks...

Merry Christmas and a happy New Year!
    #
    Pete 16 years ago
    The orange box.

No wait, the other one.

Yeah, thats the one.
    #
    Crazy 16 years ago
    Wow. I get, like, socks.
    #
    E_net4 16 years ago
    "Crazy" said:
    Wow. I get, like, socks.
    What a pity.
    #
    Pete 16 years ago
    "Crazy" said:
    Wow. I get, like, socks.
    Everybody point and laugh!

Ha-ha!

Seriously though, that has to suck. I wouldnt like to be in your shoes right about now.
    #
    E_net4 16 years ago
    Me asked Santa Claus/Father Christmas/Pai Natal to have The Orange Box on Steam. In fact, it's quite cheaper than going to Worten.
    #
    Amarth 16 years ago
    Hmm. I could use a new pair of socks.

By the way. Do you remember what you received for Christmas last year? You probably don't - 90% of people doesn't. Isn't that sad?
    #
    E_net4 16 years ago
    Well I know a few. The problem is that I get to receive both birthday and Xmas presents at the same time (24th is the birth date). I just know I received Titan Quest, a Gato Fedorento DVD, huh,... o.o

Note: Freaking wikipedia it if you don't know what Gato Fedorento is.
    #
    Murska 16 years ago
    I got drums, candy and 120€. Yay.
    #
    E_net4 16 years ago
    Huh, lol?

The person who can wait for Christmas, raise the arm.
    #
    Bones 16 years ago
    Me, me, me!
    #
    E_net4 16 years ago
    "Bones" said:
    Me, me, me!
    I'd love to not be an arseface, but you're a total b****. NO ONE CAN WAIT FER XMAS.
    No offense here, man.
    #
    Amarth 16 years ago
    Talk about projection of feelings.

Seriously, I don't see what's so great about Christmas. Except for the Christian meaning behind it, but I guess you all don't give a f about that. What is left, then? Presents?

FFS, presents?

Sigh.
    #
    Idiota 16 years ago
    "Amarth" said:

Seriously, I don't see what's so great about Christmas. Except for the Christian meaning behind it, but I guess you all don't give a f about that. What is left, then? Presents?

FFS, presents?

Sigh.

The only thing good about Christmas is the awesome Christmas dinner, which is really tasty. Not only that, but we always invite some people over and it's usually a very good time.

Other than that, it's total crap.
    #
    MageKing17 16 years ago
    "Amarth" said:
    Hmm. I could use a new pair of socks.

By the way. Do you remember what you received for Christmas last year? You probably don't - 90% of people doesn't. Isn't that sad?
    /me picks up the Devil May Cry 5th Anniversary Collection and Final Fantasy XII Collector's Edition

Yup, I remember.
    #
    Crazy 16 years ago
    "Idiota" said:
    "Amarth" said:

FFS, presents?

Sigh.

The only thing good about Christmas is the awesome Christmas dinner, which is really tasty. Not only that, but we always invite some people over and it's usually a very good time.

Other than that, it's total crap.
    I hate eating and i hate visiting people/people visiting us and i last got a present worth mentioning about 5 years ago. And i hate how people are around the time. And it fucking ruins the winter time. I love the winter.
    #
    The Gemini 16 years ago
    Why do you two guys, Crazy and Idiota, hate christmas? Is it the commersialism or something else?
    #
    Shingo 16 years ago
    No, they're just sour cantankerous bastards that probably have relation to Ebenezer Scrooge.

[/satire]

But seriously... The meaning behind Christmas? Wow. I can't believe that some of you are saying "Oh, it only has religious value. I hate it, and it inhales profusely (i.e. sucks)."

Christmas is a religious holiday, yes. But more so than that it's come to embody a whole lot've amazing values. Such as being un-selfish, caring for other people, giving gifts freely to other people, spreading holiday cheer, having a good times, and a plethora of other things. Honestly, Crazy... If you hate having people around so much don 't blame it on Christmas, just realise that you're either asocial irl, or simply don't like those people. If those people are family friends or something - speak to your parents about it. If they're family, well... shut up and take it like a man. You don't get a new family. Family's something that you're born with and if you don't place it very highly on your list of priorities/values, well I'd honestly think that's a bit screwed up. Blood's thicker'n water and all that.

Has Christmas became commercialized? That question answers itself by existing. Having established that: So. What?

Who cares if something's became commercialized? Is it Something Awesome's fault if stupid people and/or stupidity start trying to corrupt it? Of course not. Can we still recognize it's value and admit the fact that that corruption does not in fact diminish it's inherent value unless we individually choose to let that get in the way of it? Who loses if you let that happen? Only you - and the people who are special to you and in turn who you are special to, when you let that ruin a wonderful holiday. Who wins? The people who try'n commercialize things like Christmas.

Equally so: Happy Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, and any number of other holidays I might not be aware of/forgotten about.

Wrapping things up, I'll return to my initial rant:
    No, they're just sour cantankerous bastards that probably have relation to Ebenezer Scrooge.

In all honesty, that's my gut reaction when I hear negative things about Christmas. I can't fathom why someone would dislike the holiday that's spawned things such as "The Santa Clause," "Miracle on 34th Street," and all those Rudolph movies from when I was a child. Repeating myself (again, I know) as to the values of Christmas, I'm surprised to see that Idiota (especially) doesn't like it. Even saddened, a little. But whatever...

Happy Hanuk-kwan-mas.
    #
    Grim Reaper 16 years ago
    I like Christmas. One of the things that I like about it are the presents. Another thing is the food. Then there's also the get-together with family and/or friends.

So what if the alleged son of an unproven deity was said to have born on the day we celebrate Christmas.

Also, it seems stupid to me that some people (non-christians, such as jewish types(not all of them, perhaps, but at least some)) are offended if someone wishes them a Merry Christmas.
    #
    E_net4 16 years ago
    Really? Let me try that.

*some minutes later*

...Well, at least saying "Happy easter" might not hurt.
    #
    Amarth 16 years ago
    Now. I don't hate Christmas. I love it the way Shingo puts it. It's important to me in ways I think a lot of people don't appreciate, but that's not important.

I just dislike (hate is such a strong word) people who can't look past the presents. I also dislike hearing every 5 minutes from all sorts of advertisements that I should think about the ones next to me, especially by buying there products, especially now. Don't bother with love and stuff the rest of the year. Oh, yeah, Valentine. But that's another rant.

Mind you, I know I shouldn't complain. I've been in a bit of a bad mood last week. Nevermind me.

Now, let me just think happy thoughts and read Shingo's post again.
    #
    Narvius 16 years ago
    Neither I care about the religious meaning of christmas (in other word, as much as about any other christian stuff), nor I'm a very social being, but it's always quite funny when certain people visit us then. But except that it's mostly crap. Especially here in Poland, with that masses of pseudo-christians blocking the roads and harassing everyone with loud singing (...ouch, my eyes hurt just from thinking about it.)

And, well. I really like the present-part. But hey, I'm 15.
    #
    Murska 16 years ago
    In christmas, the thing I like the most is when everyone gets together. My sisters and brother have moved to far-away cities, so I rarely meet 'em, but when it's christmas, I get to talk with them again and perhaps play a boardgame or two. The food is rather good, and I of course like the gifts too. This year, we're not having any gifts, but I'll perhaps get a bit of money.
    #
    Idiota 16 years ago
    Oh, I don't hate Christmas or anything. Just that everyone always talks total crap about all the presents they got. I don't need expensive things to make me feel happy. The most expensive thing for Christmas I have recieved was Pokemon Blue, but I don't care. I don't need material things to make me feel happy, this year I asked for a pair of functional gloves and a pack of notebooks. But that's not how I celebrate Christmas. Christmas involves visiting relatives and just having a good time with your cousins. The rest can go to hell for all I care, especially all the bloody Christmas-themed shops, christmas trees, christmas hats, christmas candy, expensive christmas presents, christmas clothing, christmas Santa Claus (Just a rip-off from the Dutch Sinterklaas anyway), christmas reindeers, chrismas slays, christmas coffee, christmas curtains, christmas engine blocks, christmas songs, christmas movies, christmas condoms, christmas bath tubs, crhistmas novels, christmas stories, christmas lotion, AND SO ON AND SO ON.

Bah, I think you get my point.

I do like sending all my relatives christmas cards however, that's a nice thing to do. Looks good when you have an entire wall filled with different christmas postcards.
    #
    Crazy 16 years ago
    Honestly, Crazy... If you hate having people around so much don 't blame it on Christmas, just realise that you're either asocial irl, or simply don't like those people. If those people are family friends or something - speak to your parents about it. If they're family, well... shut up and take it like a man.
    Heheh...

I hate Christmas because it's a time when everyone is so pretentiously nice to each other. "Hi Crazy! Hi! It's SO NICE to see you! Merry Christmas! I hope everything is going well?" FUCKING DIE. I HATE YOU, YOU HATE ME. GET THE FUCK AWAY.

I also don't get people that look down on other people that like material things? Why are material things less sacred than anything else? Why is it a sin to be happy about your presents. The way i see it, the presents are the best part of Christmas. It's the only time people are truly themselves for a second or maybe two, before they remember that "Oh, but i'm not supposed to be happy over this."

Why is it so?
    #
    Nuklearni-okurka 16 years ago
    The best thing on christmas that good food you won't eat atleast for one year .
    The second thing, are presents. I want Gmod10 and TF2 pack on steam, but Parents dunno how to buy it cause dollars ain't our currency.
    #
    E_net4 16 years ago
    [OT]If you're using steam, you don't have to worry about currency. Just convert the price of the pack to your currency, see if it's cheap or not, and you'll be sure that the converted money will be the money you spend. In short words, Steam does that for you.[/OT]
    #
    Anarion 16 years ago
    I've noticed that as you get older the presents become less important. I don't even really care what I get anymore. I mostly just look forward to gettin all the family together for a few drinks, plenty of good food, and a few laughs. And seeing as my birthday is on the 22nd it makes things even more fun.

...Hmmm....My 22nd on the 22nd. Thats only gonna happen once.
    #
    E_net4 16 years ago
    Same for my 24th on the 24th.
    #
    MageKing17 16 years ago
    Merry Christmas!

Just stopped by to let you all know that, while I wasn't inundated with presents, the ones I got are very nice.

First, Dark Passion Play. W00t!

Second, Psychonauts. W00t!

Third, A NEW VIDEO CARD, MOTHERFUCKERS!

Excuse me, I'm off to see The Golden Compass.

WOOOOOO NEW VIDEO CARD FUCK YEAH!

*runs away screaming*

EDIT: WHY DO I SEE THAT AS CENSORED WHEN CENSORING IS OFF?!?
    #
    Idiota 16 years ago
    MageKing17 must have gotten a nice dose of speed that he didn't mention to us it seems... :p
    #
    MageKing17 16 years ago
    "Idiota" said:
    MageKing17 must have gotten a nice dose of speed that he didn't mention to us it seems... :p
    I'm just high off the feeling of being able to take my used-to-be-total-crap computer and run Portal at maximum settings with a decent framerate, and Half-Life 2 at almost maximum settings. All I need now is Garry's Mod and I'll be one happy camper.
    #
    Forum » Merry Christmas
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: