Register
Email: Password:
Forum » My New Mod:Bug Hunt

My New Mod:Bug Hunt

roytheboytoo 16 years ago
I've started a mod called bug hunt.

There will be about 5-7 playable characters/hives(yes, you get to serve, and later rule; an alien hive).

Human
Android(possible)
Psionic(possible)
Green Alien
Brown Alien
Black Alien(Green alien coloured black by me, I would appreciate if someone did me a graphic of a black alien like the ones on this site)
Blue Alien

Each will have a Nest/base and a queen/commander, and i plan to have
Buildings,
Minable resources(like fungus piles, mud pools and fallen trees(to build structures as alien), metal and sand mines(for human structures/outposts),
Rank(up to commander, as the commander is killed when you are lieutenant and you get promoted to commander)/evolution stage(up to king),
and Commandable Squaddies/[Alien Warriors/Harvester Alien].

I have Graphics for Larvae, Eggs, Aliens, nests and Fungus piles,
but not for
Mud Pools, a better black alien sprite, etc and environment,
and I have acsess to base graphics, and marine and mech graphics and metal and trees and sand, and their respectable mines.

I would also appreciate help with the .dat files, i am crap at it.
and i am crap at graphic making, cept for colouring them and making minor edits.

I shall post what i have made with barebones here.

HANG ON???? WHY CANT I POST MY MOD????

and I cant post a screenshot, coz the mod doesnt actually work yet. Yes, that is what i mean by just started. PLZ help me and my mod! I dont want it to die!
#
Bones 16 years ago
How could a human have a nest ?
Is the nest actually s small city where a human you are playing is a mayor, or something like that?
#
Aegis 16 years ago
"roytheboytoo" said:

I would also appreciate help with the .dat files, i am crap at it.
and i am crap at graphic making, cept for colouring them and making minor edits.
I am officially confused. How could you make a mod if you can't do graphics or code? Nevermind.
Change
0;//create game initialization debug file

in the setup file in the data folder to
1;//create game initialization debug file

Start up a new game, when it crashes go to file titled debug_start and tell at which line it ends at.
#
Bones 16 years ago
Duh, he wants us to make it for him...
#
harwe 16 years ago
if you dont want the mod to die then devote ur whole life into it and tell us what is it you need help on, not what we need to do for you, well the little things are ok but the whole mod, your on ur own hehe

for graphix, you might as well find a good pic from another game an extract em from there
ie take the command center from starcraft and stick it in the mod for the city for humans or something.... (obviously that sucked)
#
Pete 16 years ago
Since when you cant spell properly, Harwe?
#
Aegis 16 years ago
"harwe" said:
graphix
*snicker*
#
harwe 16 years ago
apparently im on a cruise and internet is expensive... (.75 USD per min) so im typing fast as i can?
#
Bones 16 years ago
Cmon, tell us with what you need help with,and we ( at least some of us ) will help you...
Oh, I am probably talking to a ghost because he didnt even look at this topic since he created it...
#
I thought i put something like

a base for human a nest for alien?

and im can do .dat im just not terribly good at it
#
well. Ill try to help

i think it must be something with the map.dat or areas.dat files, and i tried that debug file thing. I'll try it again just to make sure.
#
I think i just fixed the problem....maybe
#
Nope, now instead of crashing outright it comes to the generating game bit and sorta freezes.
#
Ok, as someone said, I'm going to put all of my heart and practically forfeit modding skill into this mod!

Im working on it right now
im trying very hard to get it working
#
Forum » My New Mod:Bug Hunt

Your email:
Your name: