Email: Password:
Forum » Nomic
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Nomic

Amarth 16 years ago
    [Incomprehensible blabbering removed]

MOTT (message of the turn):
    Turn 9. Bot is still out of date, too lazy to fix, perhaps later.

Rules
    1. Gameplay
    [list=1][*]The game is played in turns. A turn lasts from Saturday, 00:01 GMT until Thursday, 23:59 GMT.[/*:m]
    [*]Everyone who is inactive for an entire turn loses 60 HP. You are considered active if you post in the thread or make a dice roll.[/*:m]
    [*]A player can go to a vacation mode for a preset amount of time, which he must state in this thread beforehand, and during this vacation mode he cannot gain or lose points or HP, nor can he vote or propose. The minimum time is one week.[/*:m][/list]
    2. Rules
    [list=1][*]A player noticing a loophole in the rules that might allow them to change the rules at will outside of the intended effect of the current set of rules is required to use this loophole to patch the loophole, without exploiting said loophole for any player's advantage or disadvantage.[/*:m]
    [*]There will be a place (called the board of rules) where the rules can be found. The board of rules will be visible to all players. The board of rules will be kept accurate by updating it between turns with proposals that have been accepted.[/*:m][/list]
    3. Proposals
    [list=1][*]Each turn, each player has the right to done AT MOST ONE proposal, consisting of a set of changes and additions to the rules.[/*:m]
    [*]A proposal can not be modified during a turn unless it has not been voted on yet. There can be discussion about a proposal, but once voting occurs, the proposal cannot be changed. A proposal that did not pass is always allowed as a new proposal on subsequent turns.[/*:m]
    [*]If your proposal fails, you lose 20 HP (see below).[/*:m]
    [*]If your proposal is accepted, you gain 5 HP * (#YES votes) and 5 points.[/*:m][/list]
    4. Voting
    [list=1][*]Each turn, each player has the right to vote on all other proposals. You can only vote YES or NO. Once cast, votes cannot be changed. Votes are counted at the end of the turn. If a rule change/addition receives a vote from at least 50% of players with HP greater than 0 and who are not in vacation mode, AND the majority of these votes is YES, then the proposal is incorporated in the game from the following turn onwards.[/*:m]
    [*]There can only be voted on even days of the month (GMT).[/*:m][/list]
    5. Scoring
    [list=1][*]Each player has a score. The score of all players is 0 at the start of the game.[/*:m]
    [*]During each turn, players can roll (a virtual) 1d6 on the bot once. This can be done in the chatroom, by mail or by Jabber (logs are kept). The result will be added to their score at the end of the turn after being multiplied with the HP percentage. The exact formula is as follows: max( floor( (1d6)*HP/100 ) , 0 ). This is not mandatory, players who have not rolled will not receive points.[/*:m]
    [*]Anyone who has a point amount below zero at the very end of a turn is removed from the game.[/*:m]
    [*]There is a lowest amount of points by which you are still able to end up with exactly zero points at the end of the turn (currently, this is -11). It is forbidden to undertake an action that would lower your points below this amount.[/*:m]
    [*]The players with the most points at the end of the turn (after adding points for stuff) have to give away 5 of their points to other players before the next turn starts. The players can individually choose on how to do this: give 2 points to X, 1 to Y and 2 to Z, for example. If the players with the highest score do not have 5 points, take all points and do the same thing with that amount of points. If a player thinks he might be among the ones with most points at the end of a turn, he can tell us how to redistribute the points before the turn ends. If some of them fails to say how to do this, his points are redistributed to the players with the lowest score in the following (fair) way: if there are N players with the lowest score and M players from whom to distribute points (5*M points in total), give each player floor( 5*M/N ) points and distribute the rest of the points randomly between the N players without selecting someone twice.[/*:m][/list]
    6. Hitpoints
    [list=1][*]Each player has hitpoints (HP). Initial HP is set at 100 for everyone, this is also the maximum number of HP. At the start of every turn, each player gains 10 HP, with a maximum of 100 HP.[/*:m]
    [*]Votes and proposals of players with 0 or less HP do not count.[/*:m]
    [*]Anyone who has an HP of 0 or less for two turns (as in, their HP started at or below 0 on the first turn and never rose above by the end of the second) is removed from the game, and if only one person with HP remains, they are victorious.[/*:m]
    [*]At any time during a turn, points can be used to attack or heal players (including yourself). Each point adds or takes away 5HP instantly. To use this ability, post in the thread, something like "I heal X with 4 points for 20HP".[/*:m][/list]

Sequence of actions
    (bold is current step - it might not always be up to date, this is only a guideline, keep to the rules)
    [list=1][*]Saturday, 00:01 GMT: turn starts, new rules apply from now on[/*:m]
    [*]Each player gains 10 HP[/*:m]
    [*]Each player with > 100HP is capped to 100HP[/*:m]
    [*]Proposals, discussions, votes, blah blah.[/*:m]
    [*]Thursday, 23:59 GMT: turn ends.[/*:m]
    [*]Players with 2 rounds of non-positive health are dropped.[/*:m]
    [*]Inactive players are penalized.[/*:m]
    [*]Votes are collected and a new rulebook is created (but it doesn't apply yet!)[/*:m]
    [*]People whose proposal didn't pass get penalized 20 HP[/*:m]
    [*]People whose proposal did pass get 5HP*YES and 5 points[/*:m]
    [*]Results of dice rolls are collected and added to score[/*:m]
    [*]Waiting to redistribute 5 points of the player with the highest amount[/*:m]
    [*]Point amounts are checked to be >= 0 for every player[/*:m]
    [*]Waiting to go back to step 1[/*:m][/list]

Gamestate
    Vacation Mode
    E_net4 from Friday 21st March to Tuesday 1st April

Score
    MageKing17: 12
    Amarth: 11
    Idiota: 6
    Murska: 6
    Grim: 5
    E_net4: 2

Hitpoints
    Amarth: 95
    E_net4: 25
    Grim: 100
    Idiota: 70
    MageKing17: 100
    Murska: 70
    #
    Murska 16 years ago
    I vote yes.
    #
    E_net4 16 years ago
    To be honest, I can't really understand this game. What's the point of dumping rules on a board? It's quite confusing.
    #
    Amarth 16 years ago
    "E_net4" said:
    What's the point of dumping rules on a board?
    Fairly useful if you want to keep track of them. Believe me, these things tend to become big and you want to have all your rules in one place.

Unless that rule gets changed of course. Your call.
    #
    MageKing17 16 years ago
    I also vote yes. I read about this game once long ago, and thought it was quite interesting and wanted to play (though I didn't have a group of people interested at the time... I don't recall why I didn't bring it here, perhaps I just didn't think of it. ).
    #
    Grim Reaper 16 years ago
    Vote = very yes.
    #
    Idiota 16 years ago
    My vote is, and shall forever be, yes.
    #
    E_net4 16 years ago
    Oh well, it's nice to take off the forums from the dark ages, however. *votes yes*
    #
    Nuklearni-okurka 16 years ago
    Yea but I don't get it.
    #
    Amarth 16 years ago
    "Nuklearni-okurka" said:
    Yea but I don't get it.
    Doesn't matter, it will get clear when we play

So. Murska, MK, Grim, Idiota, E_net4. I suppose you guys will be playing. Nuk, are you in? Can we expect anyone else? Niwsters? Shingo? Some of the other werewolvers?

I suggest we start Saturday, then?
    #
    Idiota 16 years ago
    Agreed. Expect my vote to come a little late, I am usually quite busy in weekends.
    #
    Pete 16 years ago
    I dunno. I suppose Ill join, but them again, you guys are going to outsmart my ****ing ass, as usual.

...ok, Im in.
    #
    E_net4 16 years ago
    Sure I'll play, but I'm not expecting to be the first person to actually do something in the game.
    #
    Shingo 16 years ago
    Rawr. I'm in, just don't blow my mind with anything too out there. ;p

And we should try to Drag zombie into this, even if it's kicking and screaming and such. Zombie will thank us for it later. >_>

I hope
    #
    E_net4 16 years ago
    "Shingo" said:
    Rawr. I'm in, just don't blow my mind with anything too out there. ;p

And we should try to Drag zombie into this, even if it's kicking and screaming and such. Zombie will thank us for it later. >_>

I hope
    We never know Zombie's philosophy...
    #
    Amarth 16 years ago
    Err, feel free to get Zombie in. I haven't seen her around in a while though. On the other hand, we don't have a rule that forbids people to join once the game has started...

I don't have internet access next Saturday. Go ahead and start without me, I'll catch up. Actually, I don't expect much to happen, but hey. Surprise me.

I'm also creating NomicBot ATM. Just to add to the confusion, this will be the "board of rules" - the place where you can find the rules. It'll also hold a list of proposals for rule changes. This is just an infobot - currently he has nothing to do with the game otherwise. For now he's only in IRC (and still under testing), but I plan to have multiple ways of access (XMPP, mail, perhaps forum PM) eventually. I'm not sure he'll be fully ready during turn 1, but he should be by turn 2.
    #
    MageKing17 16 years ago
    "Amarth" said:
    Err, feel free to get Zombie in. I haven't seen her around in a while though. On the other hand, we don't have a rule that forbids people to join once the game has started...

I don't have internet access next Saturday. Go ahead and start without me, I'll catch up. Actually, I don't expect much to happen, but hey. Surprise me.

I'm also creating NomicBot ATM. Just to add to the confusion, this will be the "board of rules" - the place where you can find the rules. It'll also hold a list of proposals for rule changes. This is just an infobot - currently he has nothing to do with the game otherwise. For now he's only in IRC (and still under testing), but I plan to have multiple ways of access (XMPP, mail, perhaps forum PM) eventually. I'm not sure he'll be fully ready during turn 1, but he should be by turn 2.
    Don't forget, he can also roll dice (unless you broke that functionality ).
    #
    Eh yes, I'm in. Soooo... What, when, who.
    #
    Idiota 16 years ago
    Have we started yet?
    #
    MageKing17 16 years ago
    No.
    #
    Amarth 16 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    No.
    We haven't? Then when will we?
    #
    MageKing17 16 years ago
    "Amarth" said:
    "MageKing17" said:
    No.
    When I see a fully-functional NomicBot.
    #
    Pete 16 years ago
    *sigh*.
    #
    Amarth 16 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    "Amarth" said:
    "MageKing17" said:
    No.
    When I see a fully-functional NomicBot.
    FU. You don't need NomicBot right now.

Yes, we have started. For ease of reference, I'll add numbers to the rules and stick a player list at the first post.

My proposal for this turn:
    Change rule 2 to "Each turn, each player has the right to propose a set of changes and additions to the rules."

Because I was trying to come up with other changes, but they required BOTH adding new rules and changing existing rules. Also, it's not clear what exactly should be the content of a rule or how long a rule can be. Let's ease it a bit by allowing multiple changes at the same time.
    #
    E_net4 16 years ago
    I've seen the rules, and I guess I have the right to vote NO on your proposal.
    #
    Grim Reaper 16 years ago
    And I vote YES on ze new rule.
    #
    Idiota 16 years ago
    I vote yes. I also propose that there can only be voted on even days of the month.
    #
    Amarth 16 years ago
    "Idiota" said:
    I also propose that there can only be voted on even days of the month.
    Hmm. That is interesting. I like it, but I'm not going to vote yet, I'd first like some discussion.

I like it because it might force people to discuss before voting. Once voted, you cannot change your vote. If you want a proposal to pass or not, it's better to say why you vote in a certain way. A proposal might have a backdoor you didn't notice, and that's only discovered by someone after 5 people have voted yes. So, I would vote yes for this proposal, unless someone else finds good reason why I shouldn't. Also, if no-one finds good reasons to oppose it, I say you all vote yes.
    #
    E_net4 16 years ago
    Alright. I vote Yes on the new proposal.
    #
    Murska 16 years ago
    I vote YES on Amarth's proposal and YES to Idiota's.
    #
    Both yes.
    #
    MageKing17 16 years ago
    I vote yes to Amarth's proposal and yes to Idiota's proposal.

I also propose that we delete rule number 8 and come up with a more satisfactory victory condition at a later date.
    #
    Pete 16 years ago
    Ill vote Yes for Magekings, No for Amarths and Yes for Idiotas.

Id also like to propose this rule: All important discussion that happens in the chatroom has to be posted here as well.
    #
    Idiota 16 years ago
    I vote yes for MageKings proposal and no for Pete's because of the sheer annoyance of posting IRC discussion here.
    #
    Grim Reaper 16 years ago
    Yes for MageKing's proposal, No for Pete's proposal.

I R COPYCAT, LOL
    #
    Forum » Nomic
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: