Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Nomic
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Nomic

Amarth 16 years ago
    Okay, so I allowed E to roll for the previous turn. He rolled a 4, which brings his point to 7.
    #
    Idiota 16 years ago
    Why does bundling efforts not count as an advantage, Amarth? Currently, we have no winning condition at all, who sais that there can't be 2 victors? There is a limit to the amount of points you can gather in a turn, and with combined point pools you can dish out more damage.
    #
    Amarth 16 years ago
    Combined point pools? WTF?
    #
    MageKing17 16 years ago
    I think he means that if you ally yourself with someone, you can effectively use your points together, as though they were one unit (there's no disadvantage to attacking someone for 2 followed by attacking for 1, as opposed to attacking for 3, so two players with 2 and 1 points is effectively a team with 3 points).

I think I'll vote yes for Amarth's proposal (when I can vote, of course), but I'm not sure about voting at all for Idiota's. First off, is it all one proposal? If so, I think you should change it to be just the first or just the second. If not, didn't we change the rules to not allow multiple proposals?

And Idiota, we do have a victory condition. If only one person is left in the game, they win. It can be changed at any time, of course.
    #
    Idiota 16 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    but I'm not sure about voting at all for Idiota's. First off, is it all one proposal? If so, I think you should change it to be just the first or just the second. If not, didn't we change the rules to not allow multiple proposals?

Is it still so unclear? x_X Every turn, you are allowed to make AT MOST one proposal, consisting of a set of changes and additions to the rules. The way this rule should be interpreted, is that you are allowed to propose a set of changes and additions, but only once a turn. The amount of rule changes and additions you make is currently unlimited, but you can't accept one half of the proposal and discard the other half.
    #
    MageKing17 16 years ago
    Well, the wording you used was "I also propose", making it look like a seperate proposal.

Anyway, I stand by what I said before... you should change it to be just one or the other, because accepting both changes as they currently stand is something I cannot bring myself to do.

I bote Yes to Amarth's proposal, by the way.
    #
    Idiota 16 years ago
    In that case, discard the second proposal.
    #
    MageKing17 16 years ago
    In that case, I vote Yes to Idiota's proposal.

Ha! Now you can't change it any more!
    #
    Idiota 16 years ago
    I discarded it for a reason, MageKing. :p
    #
    Murska 16 years ago
    I vote yes for Idiota's proposal then.
    #
    Amarth 16 years ago
    Yes to Idiota's.

Come on people. Think of wacky stuff to add. This game only gets as good as its rules.
    #
    MageKing17 16 years ago
    Well, I suppose I could make a proposal about an ally/foe system just to annoy Idiota, but I'd have to actually come up with one first. So I won't.

Instead, I think I shall see what other proposals are made and see if I can make proposals that add on to them.
    #
    E_net4 16 years ago
    No to Amarth's proposal. I'm not really into rolling dice all the time.
    #
    Amarth 16 years ago
    Overview of this turn.

Inactive players:
    Grim
    Nuk
    Pete
    Shingo

Accepted proposals:
    No proposals were accepted this turn. Amarth and Idiota had a failed proposal and are penalized 20 HP.

Dice rolls:
    Amarth: 4 * 65% = 2
    Murska: 5
    E_net4: 2
    MageKing17: 1
    Idiota: 1 * 30% = 0

Updating first post. Next turn at 00:01 GMT.

Murska has most points. You'll have to redistribute 5 points among the others before the start of the next turn, otherwise they'll be given to the people with the lowest points. Please post how to do this, Murska.
    #
    Murska 16 years ago
    I give three points to Pete and two to Shingo.
    #
    Amarth 16 years ago
    This is not a proposal, but a clarification. If you guys agree to such a thing, of course. Just to clarify: it's an ambiguity in the current rules and I'm suggesting a way to fix it. I'm not suggesting anything fundamentally new to add to the rules.

If for rule 5.5 (redistribution of points) there are two or more people with most points (thus, a tie), the current rules don't really say what should happen. I'd say all of them have to redistribute 5 points. If you don't agree with that, let me know, otherwise I just add it.

Also, if you don't like rules being "tweaked" like I'm doing here, post away. Perhaps make an official proposal about it or something. I just want to prevent trouble but if you keep strictly to the rules I might be doing illegal stuff. It's open for interpretation. Whatever. IT'S MY GAME AND I BLOODY DO WHAT I WANT TO.

Cough.
    #
    MageKing17 16 years ago
    I say it should be made an official proposal to change the rules. I'd do it myself, but I'd feel like I was stealing points or something, so I'll leave that up to you.
    #
    Amarth 16 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    I say it should be made an official proposal to change the rules. I'd do it myself, but I'd feel like I was stealing points or something, so I'll leave that up to you.
    Meh, I kinda feel the same. It's too easy to make proposals for border cases that should have been in there originally. I mean, I would have applied the rule like this last turn if there was a tie, and I will if there is a tie this turn. But if it's a proposal, then what should I do if there's a tie this turn? That's undefined behavior, so I could as well take points away from everyone and give them to myself while making demons fly out of your nose.
    #
    MageKing17 16 years ago
    Well, then, just make the rule change, because your interpretation makes perfect sense and is how I imagined it happening.
    #
    Murska 16 years ago
    Well, it could just be changed to "The player(s)..."
    #
    E_net4 16 years ago
    I totally agree with that.

So, what rules do we need to add?
    #
    Amarth 16 years ago
    I've pluralized it and added a small bit about distributing the points if multiple people fail to say how to do it and there are multiple people with lowest scores - basically, do it fairly. Not that we'll ever need this stuff, but better safe than sorry.

I propose that anyone who breaks the rules get punished 20 HP and has to say "I am an idiot and I deserve a spanking" at least three times in the chatroom before the end of the turn, with at least one other player being in the room at the same time.

Of course, discussion about changing this proposal (or 'some part' of it) are welcome before voting.
    #
    E_net4 16 years ago
    That's fun.
    But I think "I am an idiot and I deserve to be spanked." sounds better.
    #
    Idiota 16 years ago
    I vote no on that proposal mainly because I proposed it myself in the first turn, and everyone didn't agree.
    #
    Amarth 16 years ago
    "Idiota" said:
    I vote no on that proposal mainly because I proposed it myself in the first turn, and everyone didn't agree.
    But that was because of the dice roll thing you added which I don't.

And you're shaping your vote to what others vote. Weakling.
    #
    E_net4 16 years ago
    Also, today is not an even day of the month, and your vote isn't valid.
    #
    Amarth 16 years ago
    I have received the following transmission from a person known as "Grimsy":
    Hay.
    Plz not to be having penalties on me for this past week's turn in Nomic.
    Computer malfunction, as (sort of) explained in the nu thread in IC.
    Kthxbai
    No-one has legally voted on it yet, so I'm changing my proposal to the one-shot rule
    "The HP of Grim Reaper will be increased by 50HP (to the previous level) immediately and he'll be put in vacation mode until he returns."

If he returns before the end of the turn and the proposal passes, he'll just have +50HP at the end of this turn, effectively negating the penalty at the end of the previous turn.

Also, this doesn't prevent anyone from attacking him unless he'll really be away for longer than this turn, which seems fair enough.

So, I'm glad the decision is out of my hands
    #
    Murska 16 years ago
    I iz vote yes on 'dat.
    #
    MageKing17 16 years ago
    I vote yes in the very short amount of time left to me.
    #
    Grim Reaper 16 years ago
    I vote "YES" on Amarth's proposal.
    #
    Amarth 16 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    Which you cannot do on an odd day of the month.
    #
    MageKing17 16 years ago
    According to the post time I see for him, he didn't post on an odd day.
    #
    E_net4 16 years ago
    Voting works on GMT so...
    The vote wasn't valid.
    #
    Grim Reaper 16 years ago
    "Amarth" said:
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    Which you cannot do on an odd day of the month.
    I made my intentions clear to everyone right there and then so they could start bribing me into voting otherwise as soon as I could vote.
    #
    MageKing17 16 years ago
    "E_net4" said:
    Voting works on GMT so...
    The vote wasn't valid.
    I was going by GMT.

EDIT: I did, however, misread the time, so ignore my comment anyway.
    #
    Forum » Nomic
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: