Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Mount&Blade is out of beta (1.003 released)

Mount&Blade is out of beta (1.003 released)

MageKing17 15 years ago
Forsooth, it is true. Even though the Taleworlds site doesn't have it yet, Mount&Blade version 1.003 was released. Meaning it is now officially out of beta.

The new version's even pretty cool. The animations are revamped, and I highly suggest you try at least one of the combat tutorials quickly to see what happens when you bash somebody from the side (spoiler: they stagger).

It doesn't appear to be bug-free (you didn't expect a perfect release from M&B, did you?), but the only problem I had was a BSoD, which is due to my usual graphics card driver problems (X3: Reunion has been doing the same thing to me, and Oblivion used to do it like crazy... I haven't dared to try it lately). As such, I haven't extensively tested it, but who cares? M&B is out of beta!

Go play it!
#
E_net4 15 years ago
I guess you should tell us what Mount&Blade is all about first, right? :S
#
MageKing17 15 years ago
Mount&Blade has been mentioned multiple times before... but even if you haven't heard of it, I think a healthy dose of Rule #87 is in order.
#
Niwsters 15 years ago
I usually don't post on the forums, but when I saw this I just had to make an "exception"..

Mount&Blade is such an awesome game, I tried it at the version before the beta (0.963 if I remember right) and I just couldn't get enough of it. I downloaded the full version as soon as I heard of it and I think that even though the gameplay hasn't changed much it's better quality-wise. About the bugs, I never had any major problems like crashes or anything, runs very smooth for me. The only "bug" would be the collision detection that bugs up a bit, but I don't really mind that.

Also, Paradox Interactive are the makers of Europa Universalis, which you can actually hear in the music in-game. (And they are Swedish too! )
#
Murska 15 years ago
I've played it from, what, version 0.70X. Really interesting game.
#
Idiota 15 years ago
Hmm... never really tried it, but I've been hearing god things about it. Perhaps I should...
#
Forum » Mount&Blade is out of beta (1.003 released)

Your email:
Your name: