Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Notrium Mod Viewer
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Notrium Mod Viewer

Narvius 14 years ago
    The only use I would see for that would be sorting your [item-, creature-, dialog-, etc.]list after brainstorming... But yeah, if you can make it, by all means, do it =P

Also, will you ever release the source?
    #
    Dorten 14 years ago
    As soon, as I'm absolutely sure, that I will not have enough enthusiasm to continue (seems to be soon ops: ), I'll release the source.
    Although I have some ideas, I wanto to implement before this.
    #
    Narvius 14 years ago
    Good enthusiasm then! xD
    #
    DRL 14 years ago
    "Dorten" said:
    As soon, as I'm absolutely sure, that I will not have enough enthusiasm to continue (seems to be soon ops: ), I'll release the source.
    Although I have some ideas, I wanto to implement before this.
    I look foward to use this tool. I just downloaded it, and I´m going to try it.
    Years ago I tried to mod Notirum (Some may remember my Hiper-Unsuccesfull Attemp, he,he) but the "Jan's File Viewer"
    was not much of kind of help, not at least for a newbie. If your project is as good as people say it is, then it will be what all the Notrium Modders (both experienced and newbies) ever wanted: A realiable, easy-to-use Modding Tool.
    #
    DRL 14 years ago
    Whew!, As soon I open it, says:
    See the end of this message for details on invoking 
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path ".\data".
    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str)
    at System.IO.Directory.InternalGetFileDirectoryNames(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean file)
    at System.IO.Directory.InternalGetDirectories(String path, String userPath, String searchPattern)
    at System.IO.Directory.GetDirectories(String path, String searchPattern)
    at System.IO.Directory.GetDirectories(String path)
    at Notrium_Modder.MainForm.MainForm_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 1.0.5000.0
    Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.2032
    CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/microsoft.net/framework/v1.1.4322/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    Notrium Modder
    Assembly Version: 1.0.3415.16166
    Win32 Version: 1.0.3415.16166
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Archivos%20de%20programa/Notrium/NMV%200.83c/NMV%200.83c.exe
    System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.windows.forms/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.windows.forms.dll
    System
    CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.dll
    System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.drawing/1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/system.drawing.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just in time (JIT) debugging, the config file for this
    application or machine (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the machine
    rather than being handled by this dialog.

Hope you can fix this, whatever it is. ()
    #
    Amarth 14 years ago
    Did you copy the file to your Notrium install directory and opened it from there?
    #
    DRL 14 years ago
    "Amarth" said:
    Did you copy the file to your Notrium install directory and opened it from there?
    Quote from the Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka:
    and he said "OH...." with the voice of the wind
    #
    Dorten 14 years ago
    Sorry guys, I just can't think of it anymore (got my mind wandered in completely different direction) ops: . So here's the source.[attachment=0]<!-- ia0 -->Notrium Modder.rar<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment]

PS: And about this different direction: is there anyone good with Python?
    #
    Amarth 14 years ago
    "Dorten" said:
    Sorry guys, I just can't think of it anymore (got my mind wandered in completely different direction) ops: . So here's the source.[attachment=0]<!-- ia0 -->Notrium Modder.rar<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment]
    Nice, thanks. Will check it out.

Were there any ideas for improvements?

[EDIT] Hmm, C#. Well, finally a reason to learn it I guess. Can't be that different from Java.
    Yes.
    #
    DRL 14 years ago
    "Dorten" said:

1_ NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooo.......(*cough*) (Takes a slow, fresh breath).

2_What a pity. Neverthless, I guess that I can still thank you for your tireless work .
    You will also agree with me that [a quote from one of my characters]:
    "motivation is like a mosquito´s bite: it has a noticeable effect. But once that is gone, does the effect last?"
    #
    Dorten 14 years ago
    There were ideas about different media files, used in mod.

For example, where an object has a sound field. Change the control, so it's not only a textbox, but also has a button for opening file selection dialog, wich will copy the file in mod folder if needed, ask if there is already another file with that name in mod folder and so on. Also a button to listen the sound. Same with images.

And ideas for the very far future: actually link to the gim.dll and show particle effects of a weapon, display the monster's in game appearance, given it's sprite grid, and so on
    #
    SmokNiszczyciel 13 years ago
    IT need python? Im going back for my mod,since i created a bot i have much more time
    #
    Venom31 13 years ago
    Why Python? It may need .NET, right.
    #
    But i have .net framework? Since short time im having problems with a process called MOM.exe and they say that it need net framework too lol, so how did it gone? x_x
    #
    MageKing17 13 years ago
    There are multiple versions of the .NET framework, which are not backwards-compatible. If you don't have the correct version for whichever software you're using, you need to get it (unless someone would like to tell me that they've finally come to their senses and released a single unified version).
    #
    Narvius 13 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    There are multiple versions of the .NET framework, which are not backwards-compatible.
    WHAT, they aren't?
    All my stuff I wrote under .NET2 still runs.
    (...okay, it's nothing too sophisticated...)
    #
    Amarth 13 years ago
    I'm pretty sure .NET is backwards compatible. Since Microsoft can't provide source code, they try to maintain ABI compatibility as much as possible in the Windows libraries - I would suppose they would use the same idea for their .NET bytecode.

Of course, NMV's code is out, one could just recompile it under a newer version...
    #
    MageKing17 13 years ago
    "Amarth" said:
    I'm pretty sure .NET is backwards compatible. Since Microsoft can't provide source code, they try to maintain ABI compatibility as much as possible in the Windows libraries - I would suppose they would use the same idea for their .NET bytecode.

Of course, NMV's code is out, one could just recompile it under a newer version...
    I'm 99% sure that if you have .NET 3.x installed, you still need to install 2.x to run programs made with 2.x (may or may not need 1.x seperately as well, I can't remember if 2.x is compatible with 1.x). If this recently changed, feel free to correct me, but I've experienced the need to install multiple .NET frameworks on the same computer.
    #
    I thought that programs made on 2.0 will run 3.0, lol?So NMV is written on 2.0? x_x
    @edit
    i fixed my .net framework 2.0 and now NMV works good time to start working on mod I think about releasing it at 01.05... [MAYBE + alpha version]
    #
    Anonymous1157 13 years ago
    You need a seperate copy of .NET installed for every version your programs require, yes. I should know; I have just about one program for every version, except 1.0 because it was completely different and genuinely sucked.

Honestly, I'd rather they let everyone just compile the runtime into the executable and get it the hell over with. Windows has never actually used its common file directories to share major DLLs among multiple programs, so why start now? If anyone wants that feature, they can use Linux.
    #
    Venom31 13 years ago
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    Windows has never actually used its common file directories to share major DLLs among multiple programs, so why start now? If anyone wants that feature, they can use Linux.
    Yeah, unless they actually WANT to use Linux TT.

Back to topic, I've tested the latest version of NMV. Is it now really capable of actually writing mods with it alone? Till now I've been making it old-school - notepad, notes.txt, a piece of brain (what's left whatsoever) - and way to go.
    #
    firezone 13 years ago
    pardon my noobishness, but how would one go about installing and using this program to mod Notrium, i installed it to the folder Notrium was in but i cant for the life of me figure out how to use it, thank you
    #
    MageKing17 13 years ago
    "firezone" said:
    pardon my noobishness, but how would one go about installing and using this program to mod Notrium, i installed it to the folder Notrium was in but i cant for the life of me figure out how to use it, thank you
    Did you get .83c, or the source code? If the latter, get .83c, because the source code won't do you much good in your Notrium folder. If .83c, just run "NMV 0.83c.exe".
    #
    firezone 13 years ago
    hmm, step by step:

i click the .rar download and download it

i unzip it with WinZip

theres no executable, and when i try to open the file unzipping it yields, it says it cant find part of the data path yada yada
    #
    MageKing17 13 years ago
    "firezone" said:
    hmm, step by step:

i unzip it with WinZip

theres no executable, and when i try to open the file unzipping it yields, it says it cant find part of the data path yada yada
    Did you download version 0.83c from this post?

Also, WinZip? Since when has WinZip handled .rar files? You should be using 7zip regardless.
    #
    ... Actually, the correct link to reach the 7-zip homepage is this one. Pay attention, mang!
    #
    firezone 13 years ago
    ok, it works, now to figure out how to use it....
    #
    MageKing17 13 years ago
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    ... Actually, the correct link to reach the 7-zip homepage is this one. Pay attention, mang!
    Sorry, I have a bad habit of not actually looking at my own links, just typing them. I'll fix my previous post.
    #
    isan530 13 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    "firezone" said:
    hmm, step by step:

i unzip it with WinZip

Did you download version 0.83c from this post?

Also, WinZip? Since when has WinZip handled .rar files? You should be using 7zip regardless.

I have the 7zip but it still corrupt, what must i do now ?
    #
    Pete 13 years ago
    Redownload to make sure you got the entire file? Try WinRar?
    #
    Gawmonster 13 years ago
    Downloaded thrice now

Winzip (and yes, winzip has had built-in rar support for some time now) throws this error:
    Error: CRC mismatch in file "NMV 0.83c.exe" in the archive "NMV 0.83c.rar"

7-zip throws:
    Data error in 'NMV 0.83c.exe'. File is broken

Looks like 0.83c somehow got corrupted after the regulars downloaded, since they did nothave any issues getting it unpacked. Downloaded file size matches file size stated in forum post, but checksum of the packed executable does not match the checksum listed in the rar.
    #
    Venom31 13 years ago
    Tried it with WinRAR.
    "MageKing17" said:
    ...from this post...
    Obviously, you're right. The archive is corrupt. It didn't have any recovery data.

Looks like I've got some 0.83 NMV source code. I wonder where I got it...
    #
    Confirmed. Something's wrong with that archive.

... What it is, or what to do about it, I couldn't possibly tell you.
    #
    Gawmonster 13 years ago
    It will have to be reuploaded. If somebody still has this (being the current version, I'm sure several do) could you repack/reupload it?

If my ex wasn't holding my external drive hostage, I'd just install VS and compile from the source ...
    #
    MageKing17 13 years ago
    I ought to have the archive somewhere around here. I'll upload it when I get the chance.
    #
    Forum » Notrium Mod Viewer
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: