Register
Email: Password:
Forum » On recent forum changes

On recent forum changes

Grim Reaper 7 years ago
Please to be keeping the actual main theme untouched by these visual changes and do whatever changery on a separate theme, plz?

This one is (at the time of writing) far too horizontally challenged (doesn't stretch to the edgeses of the window).

Also, where'd the Funny-Fun-Fun forum portion go?
#
ville 7 years ago
I decided to change the look a bit. Unfortunately I couldn't keep the old theme for those who had it as default. Try changing to the old one in your user control panel, it should still be there.

I removed the jokes forum. If you have a really good joke (and in good taste as well ) just post it to Intelligent conversation, it doesn't seem too crowded with new posts at the moment.
#
Grim Reaper 7 years ago
The forum layout changery option was gone for a duration of time (is no longer gone, available now).

Also, could you have moved them jokes that we had in that board into the IC section? I'd rather not have them end up like EEToEE and AETAS...
#
ville 7 years ago
I tried to move them using the fancy pants tool that deletes the forum and moves the posts, but the forum software crashed at that point. It had already deleted the forum though. Next time better move the posts by hand.
#
Idiota 7 years ago
Yeah, well, I forgive you. :p Not really much interested in that forum anyway, other than jokes I already laughed at.
#
Amarth 7 years ago
Jokes you can laugh at AGAIN! Like our masterpiece the ☼IF game☼.
"DF wiki" said:
Such a masterpiece will cause the dwarf that created it to tantrum for a year if it is ever lost or destroyed.
#
Grim Reaper 7 years ago
"Amarth" said:
Jokes you can laugh at AGAIN! Like our masterpiece the ☼IF game☼.
"DF wiki" said:
Such a masterpiece will cause the dwarf that created it to tantrum for a year if it is ever lost or destroyed.
Murska said that he has it on his HD.
#
MageKing17 7 years ago
I actually like the new theme... although I agree, it would be nice if it stretched wider.
#
Idiota 7 years ago
Am I the only one to not notice any change in theme? :/
#
Grim Reaper 7 years ago
"Idiota" said:
Am I the only one to not notice any change in theme? :/
Apparently you were away when the change took place (replacing the default proSilver theme, whereas now it's a new theme selecable from the list, AFAIK).
#
Idiota 7 years ago
Actually I allways had the subsilver theme, even at the time of your post, and my forum theme never changed. It didn't default back to ProSilver or anything, really quite odd.
#
Amarth 7 years ago
For a while the default one was revolution. It also automatically switched me back to subsilver. Not too odd, your choice was just never wiped from the database I suppose. ProSilver would be the default board theme if you didn't switch it yourself to something else.

And I have the IF game on my HD, so no problems there. I just wanted to make a small DF joke.
#
Crazy 7 years ago
AH! No! The joke subforum! Just when i had a wonderful idea to revive a classic old thread there! D:
#
Anarion 7 years ago
This doesn't look quite right.
#
Grim Reaper 7 years ago
"Anarion" said:
This doesn't look quite right.
...quite...
#
ville 7 years ago
Looks funny.
#
Crazy 7 years ago
Strange new forum graphics... not willing to expand... must be pacifist...
#
MageKing17 7 years ago
I just noticed...

If the junk forum is gone, why am I still called a moderator when I can't moderate anything?
#
Murska 7 years ago
"MageKing17" said:
I just noticed...

If the junk forum is gone, why am I still called a moderator when I can't moderate anything?

Nooo! Why'd you go mention that? They wouldn't have noticed!
#
ville 7 years ago
You're an honorary moderator.
#
Idiota 7 years ago
In a lot of colonies, governments gave the local rulers formal titles to keep the population opressed. Totally unrelated though. :p
#
MageKing17 7 years ago
Where did my signature go? O_o

I've got it turned on in all my preferences (including "display signatures"), and there's definitely text in there...

It's just that I found a good new quote and suddenly found that nobody can see it.

EDIT: It doesn't seem to be theme-specific, none of the themes are showing signatures under posts.
#
Grim Reaper 7 years ago
WHARSE MAH SIGGYNETURRR
#
E_net4 7 years ago
How come I didn't notice such a thing...
#
Grim Reaper 7 years ago
Also, the thread reply notification emails seem to have an extra space (a " ") in the thread title after the first 20 characters. What's up with that?
#
ville 7 years ago
That looks like a bug, it may get fixed with some new forum version.
I removed the signatures for now to make the forum easier to read.
#
MageKing17 7 years ago
"ville" said:
That looks like a bug, it may get fixed with some new forum version.
I removed the signatures for now to make the forum easier to read.
#
E_net4 7 years ago
"MageKing17" said:
I second that.
#
Grim Reaper 7 years ago
"MageKing17" said:
"ville" said:
That looks like a bug, it may get fixed with some new forum version.
I removed the signatures for now to make the forum easier to read.
If by you mean that you are confused by ville first talking about a bug and then saying he removed sigs intentionally, let me elaborate by assuming that the bug he was talking about was the additional-space-in-thread-reply-notification-email.

If by you mean that you are confused by ville's opinion of "no signatures = easier reading", then yeah, thirded.
#
MageKing17 7 years ago
"Grim Reaper" said:
If by you mean that you are confused by ville's opinion of "no signatures = easier reading", then yeah, thirded.
That is, in fact, what I meant.
#
Pete 7 years ago
"MageKing17" said:
"Grim Reaper" said:
If by you mean that you are confused by ville's opinion of "no signatures = easier reading", then yeah, thirded.
That is, in fact, what I meant.
ed.
#
ville 7 years ago
Ah well, don't worry. I may still bring them back later. For now I like the look this way.
#
Forum » On recent forum changes

Post Reply


Your email:
Your name: