Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Movie and game discussion.

Movie and game discussion.

Anarion 15 years ago
Thought I'd start a thread where we could discuss movies, games etc that we'd seen/played recently to share our views on them.

So first...Watchmen.
Saw this movie the other day. It was...interesting. Not what I expected but I liked it. Very involved storyline. I get the feeling I'll have to watch it another time or 2 just to get all the story. Some good action in there and quite a bit more violent than I had expected, that jail scene with the angle grinder, ouch.

I haven't actually read the comic book myself. So who's seen this movie, and what did you think. For those who have read the comic how does it compare?

Spaceforce: Rogue Universe.
Picked this one up the other day. Not a really recent game, released 2007 I believe. It's a space sim along the lines of elite and freespace. The game offers some pretty graphics and the combat is fun. Not what I'd call a user friendly game though. Not a lot in the way of explanation or tutorials as far as playing the game goes. You mostly have to figure stuff out for yourself, though the games official forums have some useful help threads. For a space sim it has surprisingly little support for joysticks too, took me a lot of fiddling around to get mine working satisfactorily. Once you start to get the hang of things though it starts to become more enjoyable. The game is quite challenging and offers some nice visuals. Anyone tried this game?
#
ahrenjb 14 years ago
Saw "Knowing" the other day. It was... interesting. The story took a couple of horribly wrong turns, and the end made little sense as if the writers acid trip was starting to peak. Not a spectacular movie, worth renting maybe.

Thanks to the new PC I just got my teeth into Crysis. I thought it was going to be crappy gameplay, just a graphics tech demo, but I'm pleasantly surprised. It's a lot of fun, and combat is challenging. (The AI can actually AIM somewhat) Mostly due to the fact you have to damn near empty an entire clip into anything to kill it though.
#
Grim Reaper 14 years ago
On a sidenote, isn't the gaming thread thingummy pretty much made for gamely discussionings?
#
Anarion 14 years ago
Yeah, s'pose it is really.

Oh well, there's still movies to discuss tho.
#
Amarth 14 years ago
"ahrenjb" said:
Saw "Knowing" the other day. It was... interesting. The story took a couple of horribly wrong turns, and the end made little sense as if the writers acid trip was starting to peak. Not a spectacular movie, worth renting maybe.
I also saw that today. I suppose it might be fun with loads and loads of beer. Without, it's really *facepalm* bad.
#
Idiota 14 years ago
"Amarth" said:
"ahrenjb" said:
I also saw that today. I suppose it might be fun with loads and loads of beer. Without, it's really *facepalm* bad.

Have you seen the movie 'In Brughes', Amarth? It's totally kick-ass and set in Belgium. :p
#
Amarth 14 years ago
"Idiota" said:
Have you seen the movie 'In Brughes', Amarth? It's totally kick-ass and set in Belgium. :p
No, I haven't. Heard good things about it though so I'll probably see it sometime.

I'm struggling to find a movie set in the Netherlands though. Sorry.
#
Idiota 14 years ago
James Bond in Diamonds are Forever.
#
MageKing17 14 years ago
"Amarth" said:
"Idiota" said:
No, I haven't. Heard good things about it though so I'll probably see it sometime.

I'm struggling to find a movie set in the Netherlands though. Sorry.
I saw part of it while my mother was watching it. Not a bad movie, I must say.
#
Forum » Movie and game discussion.

Your email:
Your name: