Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Ravager mod for Notrium

Ravager mod for Notrium

anruca 14 years ago
!!!NOTICE:
All content you see in here may be changed or removed due to some reason, nothing you see here is final. Some aspects may become frozen or simply end its existence.

END OF NOTICE!!!---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ravager Possible Plots:

The Year is 3754 A.T. G. (Advanced Technologies & Genetics)
The "Human" race for ago reached it's capacities to go in outer space, since then it has
made contact with countless species...
Fortunately for them the very first encounters were of traders and peaceful beings.
Do not fool your self by thinking they only met such civilizations, oh no...
They have met far worse than anything "I" can possibly imagine or help to describe for you.
But there possibly is a way, or ways in which "I" can show you.
Which one is the best? heh, that is for you to decide...

Race: Human

You are aboard one of 8/15th veteran ships that served in the "Nitrys" galaxy,
it may be old but it can still fly, there's lots of space and the job pays well.
What can possibly go wrong? If we count out that the ship is more than a thousand
years old and can fall apart at any moment, half it's systems are either jammed or
completely down the drain. The odds of survival are quite good, shame that this
"beauty" is commissioned for parts after this small click.
Would have been fun to see it in one last battle among the endless void that we call space...

About the mod:

Ravager is based to be a survival horror game set in deep space, players will be able to go from one system to another, from planet to planet.
while being stranded away from any sign of civilization in the region.
The mod will offer fairly good graphics, a small time shop system and a new crafting one as well. ( that is if the old combining system is still available)
Players will encounter deep and vast places full of action, time pressured events, impossible missions and a few quests in between it all. (hopefully)
As part of the crew (or not exactly a member of it) you will be able to pass any danger,obstacle,puzzle while striving to survive and reach the destination with as few possible casualties in this adventure set in the unknown reaches of space and what lies there "Hunter, Survivor or Pray"...

Total-------------------- Upcoming/Development of v0.0.3 (Alpha) -----------------------

August 3, 2010 Entry:
Three aspects of the game have passed art design.
The Red Planet's Appearance is done and is probably going to be left like that, in future there could be added a bit more detail for the overall feel.
The System's sun is done and it too will stay the same without to much changes for the
future, the only one I'm planning at this time is for making it animated.
Which is going to remain for future purposes...
And finally the space is somewhat done but I don't feel as if it passes for a space type of terrain or at least the Illusion of one.
These were actually done a few days ago, but I posted the news as I had spare time.
If anybody is still following this there's some news for you, going to work on the mod
and see if I can get of with a few in game snapshots so the progress can be seen.
That's all I have for now...
#
DRL 14 years ago
Sound like a cool idea . By the way, will you include a creepy abandoned space station?, that would be cool/scary .

P.S.: Good luck on making it.
#
anruca 14 years ago
Yes!... in most likely the last builds i will add that station, ive got alot of work to do so that station is, well the main attraction Ive also got a litle more work before i release the first testing of the game
#
DRL 14 years ago
"anruca" said:
Yes!... in most likely the last builds i will add that station, ive got alot of work to do so that station is, well the main attraction Ive also got a litle more work before i release the first testing of the game
Great!, you know, science fiction stories need their "moments of terror", and what is the best place for them to happen? .
And, by the way, you can take your time for the first release... Plus if I can find some spare time, I would be happy to help in anyway, be it bug reporting or even making a small item or things like that .

P.S.: Just remember that you must not give up. Again, I would like to see such a good project make to it´s final release .
#
harwe 14 years ago
Odd, didn't I recall that there was a mod named Scavenger already?
Interesting ideas though, keep up the good work.
#
Anonymous1157 14 years ago
"harwe" said:
Odd, didn't I recall that there was a mod named Scavenger already?
Interesting ideas though, keep up the good work.
You recall correctly, although I think the mod you're thinking of is SOS. It was renamed.
#
anruca 14 years ago
Aye! there was indeed such a mod called before, but it was Scevenger my is Scavanger, there really is no diffrence in how you say it i gues... i asure you my mod is not a copy of SOS, has its own stuff.
Thanks DRL! ill count you as one of the testers then
#
DRL 14 years ago
"anruca" said:
Aye! there was indeed such a mod called before, but it was Scevenger my is Scavanger, there really is no diffrence in how you say it i gues... i asure you my mod is not a copy of SOS, has its own stuff.
Thanks DRL! ill count you as one of the testers then
Well, that is ok for me. I think, that, as I have said before, I can do some small-time help.
If you need anything, just PM and I will see what I can do . Not that I can make incredible things,
but I can surely do something .
#
anruca 14 years ago
Hello all... I have been quite busy the last few weeks, and probably the weeks to come.
I have put up something small from the mod in this version... Scavanger v0.0.1
http://cid-700d332430300828.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Notrium/Scavanger%20v0.0.1.zip
I gues that the next version of the mod is going to come up latter this week.
There will probably be added a couple of more items and the same amount of sounds to them.
#
DRL 14 years ago
Hello again, well I downloaded and played the mod, and it looks good so far . However, I made a mistake in the original top_down_palm_tree file, which makes a white line appear just below it... I have corrected this. I also made a healing script, so if you are not in space (and health is below 50, while food and hydratation are above 49) you will heal slowly. I leave it to you if you want or not to implement/change it, but I thought it would be a good idea .
http://cid-1599a92ea4c99523.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/P%C3%BAblico/Notrium/Galactic%20Core/healing%5E_script%5E_and%5E_corrected%5E_palm%5E_tree.rar

Thanks for your time, oh and I forgot to say, the graphics look nice, especially the desert planet/desert hud combination .
#
anruca 14 years ago
Aye!, i was going to fix that but since you have already done it and made a script well Thanks alot for helping out
I'm glad you like the graphics, took me some time to think them up. There are still a few bugs going on with the mod that i am currently working on, such as the missile bug at it's end that makes it look like it's flashing.
#
DRL 14 years ago
Maybe, this can solve it?: http://cid-1599a92ea4c99523.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/P%C3%BAblico/Notrium/Galactic%20Core/creature%5E_plasma%5E_smart.rar Basically I tried to place the missile over the creature cell set, and the explosions were a just a bit out of their places (thus merginng with other animation frames). I have this problem in my mod too (you may notice it with the spiders...). Anyways, I hope this helps .
#
anruca 14 years ago
Thanks again DRL for you're help.
I shoud mention that this week or the other that is coming, another version of Scavanger will be released.
There will be alot of new updates,as you might have noticed my avatar has changed... that's what kind of "new"
graphics that i am doing currently for the mod.
So dont think i will leave this mod to die, No sir!... it shall be finisht of that I am sure.

----------- UPDATE -------------
The first post has been updated, besides i dint want to spam the topic thats why I'm writing here.
Have posted a link to my site below the avatar, (it isnt professional but it will do).
I've also made my small forum (if you can say that), I'll be posting some info there but that doesnt mean
that I will stop posting information here and answer your posts, I will... and when the new release is done
there will be links here aswell as in the site/forum.
#
Forum » Ravager mod for Notrium

Your email:
Your name: