Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Werewolf Ep. 7 - The Monk of VR
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Werewolf Ep. 7 - The Monk of VR

Murska 14 years ago
    Well, I kinda guessed I'd get attacked if I pointed first but the villagers gain nothing from waiting late in the day to post while the wolves do.

Idiota, for jumping at another point on an innocent, thus clearly trying to get someone lynched.
    #
    Anarion 14 years ago
    Changed my mind. I'm abstaining from this lynch vote.
    #
    MageKing17 14 years ago
    I want to make something very clear. I dislike having to vote under these circumstances, because there's too little information. I am a realist, however, and I know that we at least have a chance if we take action instead of sitting around and waiting to die. So while I will vote to lynch Murska (nothing personal, but you've been the most suspicious person so far), I'm going to abstain from voting for Mayor/Headmaster. No, I'm not even going to vote for myself. With so little data available, we have no idea who we can trust right now. As such, I'm not sure I trust anyone's decisions, be they decisions of who to make Headmaster or decisions they make as Headmaster. Assuming Grim isn't a Wolf, however, I wish him the best of luck getting elected. He'll just have to do it without my vote.
    #
    Murska 14 years ago
    After I'm lynched, please lynch Mageking tomorrow. Seer might want to scry Anarion.

Murska.
    #
    Anarion 14 years ago
    "Murska" said:
    After I'm lynched, please lynch Mageking tomorrow. Seer might want to scry Anarion.

Murska.
    You can't do that.

"E_net4" said:
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    So when it comes to voting (be it lynch or mayor), voting on yourself was prohibited, right?
    Indeed, it is prohibited.
    #
    Murska 14 years ago
    Who cares, what can you do, lynch me?
    #
    Idiota 14 years ago
    The problem with the first round is, that doing nothing serves the wolves, while randomly doing something also serves the wolves. Statistically, these options are equal when the amount of players is great, but it isn't for smaller amounts. If you don't have a clue, it's better to abstain from voting.
    #
    Murska 14 years ago
    Then, nobody GETS any info either, so according to that logic it's best to lynch nobody until the seer comes forth with the names of the wolves. Now I'm not saying this is a bad strategy but I honestly don't care about winning if it's like that. It's just boring. I play a game to have fun, not to abstain for five days straight until someone comes and says 'hey, kill X and Y, they're bad guys'.

At some point you're going to have to start lynching, information or not. It's best done early on so the damage done by losing a person isn't so great while you still get all the information available.

EDIT: In my opinion the only time when you should ever vote for no lynch is when there are four players left alive, one of whom is a wolf.
    #
    Anarion 14 years ago
    Would Amarth, Zankman and Pete care to share their opinions?
    #
    E_net4 14 years ago
    Please avoid editing your posts with votes on them. It might become confusing. Just keep your previous votes and I'll consider the most recent one.
    Murska, since you can't lynch yourself I've decided to clear your vote.
    Make your decisions before tomorrow, everyone! I want to see more people talking!

Also... Zankman's dead, Anarion...
    #
    Anarion 14 years ago
    "E_net4" said:
    Also... Zankman's dead, Anarion...
    Oh, sorry, I meant Narvius.
    #
    Narvius 14 years ago
    By the time you wrote this, I already shared my opinion. A lot
    #
    Pete 14 years ago
    AAaaah Im here Im here! Sheesh why didnt the email magic warn me?

...er, I didnt turn it on, that explains it.

Well since it seems to be the public opinion I might as well vote Murska, but I dont really think he is a correct target. And Mageking17, because tie votes are fun.
    #
    Amarth 14 years ago
    I was gone for a while, sorry. Not too much time now either.

"Murska" said:

Murska.
    This thing. It confuses me.

1) He votes for himself. Even if it's not allowed, this is clearly sacrificing yourself. Murska would know he cannot try to get favor from us with that, the votes are already too far gone (I think, I haven't counted).
    2) He gives post-lynch game advice. The Mage lynch I can understand, the Seer thing not. However it makes clear Murska is not the seer (nor is he cupided with the seer as far as he knows), so it's not the worst possible target we could get.
    3) He mentions Anarion. Why? Why not someone else?

Grim for mayor, abstain for lynch. Although I'm curious about Murska's role.
    #
    E_net4 14 years ago
    Well, good thing you posted in time. I don't know when I'm having the chance to post the rest of the story, but it won't be tomorrow for sure (considering 0:01 GMT isn't tomorrow )
    #
    Murska 14 years ago
    Voting for someone if you don't think he's the correct target is the best way to lose the game, you know.
    #
    Amarth 14 years ago
    Did you just call yourself a correct target?
    #
    Murska 14 years ago
    Sure. Better than most in the game.
    #
    E_net4 14 years ago
    END OF DAY 1

Nothing much was seen through the day, apart from the curiously designed rocks. The group gathered around The Table for two decisions: the headmaster and the victim.

Amarth: Ok, let’s do this. Everyone, form a row.

They quickly aligned themselves next to each other.
    Amarth: You may now summon the name for a headmaster.

After a small pause, Anarion yelled:

Anarion: Grim Reaper!

The group proceeded:

Idiota: MageKing17!
    Narvius: Grim Reaper!
    Pete: MageKing17!
    Amarth: Good. I vote Grim Reaper! This means Grim Reaper is our new headmaster! You may get on The Table.

Amarth stepped out of The Table while Grim Reaper jumped onto it.

Grim Reaper: Alright, it’s time to send someone off this system, but I’ll make use of my own way. I’ve collected a few pebbles, one for each person. I, as the headmaster, hold the bigger one. To cast your vote, take your pebble and drop it in front of the chosen victim. You may start.

Some people hesitated, but Idiota stepped forward to drop his pebble at Murska’s feet, then heading back to his place. MageKing17 placed his stone right over Idiota’s. Pete dropped his pebble with a face of disappointment. Then Grim threw his bigger pebble softly, making it land near the other 3.

And one minute later, they had this result: there were 4 stones that represented 4 votes against Murska.

Grim Reaper: Grab him!

They quickly grabbed Murska before he could run away.

Murska: You’ll be sorry for what you’ve done! I’m innocent!
    Grim Reaper: You know quite well this has to be done!
    Narvius: Sir... How are we going to kill him?
    Grim Reaper: I... don’t know. I didn’t think of that...

Then Grim looked at the wooden chest, which was on the table: “It’s no longer locked.” – he thought. He walked to it and took a look at the inside.

Narvius: Sir...
    Grim Reaper: We now have a solution to that!

Grim withdrew a flaming torch out of the chest. No one wondered how it was lit or why it didn’t burn the chest, as they were focused on killing Murska. “So long.” – Grim said, and dropped the torch over the grabbed victim.
    The group quickly let him go to prevent the flames from touching them.

Murska yelled: “This can’t be right!”

They watched Murksa being reduced to particles, which revealed another Death Cube as they faded out. A big “0” was printed on the cube’s faces.

Grim Reaper is the Headmaster. His vote is now worth 50% more.
    Murska was burned to virtual death. He was an Individual.
    The next day should start next Tuesday in the morning, so make sure you do everything before that. Murderers, choose. Hacker, choose. Blocker, choose.
    #
    MageKing17 14 years ago
    Just as a reminder, the previous Decoder (Aer) is now the Blocker (Guardian Angel), so when he says "Blocker, choose," he's talking to you (don't want anyone to forget to take their night action (except maybe the Wolves )).
    #
    Grim Reaper 14 years ago
    Shouldn't the end-of-day post reveal the role of the lynched person? I'm fairly certain that's how it's been before.
    #
    Pete 14 years ago
    "E_net4" said:

Individual (Villager)
    #
    Grim Reaper 14 years ago
    "Pete" said:
    "E_net4" said:

Individual (Villager)
    Ah, right. Missed it because it was hidden amidst the story text. >_>;
    #
    Murska 14 years ago
    Told ya all. It was really obvious, you know.
    #
    E_net4 14 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    "Pete" said:
    "E_net4" said:

Individual (Villager)
    Ah, right. Missed it because it was hidden amidst the story text. >_>;
    Haw Haw.

On a serious note, I'll try using more lines to keep the text clean. I edited the last text.
    #
    MageKing17 14 years ago
    "Murska" said:
    Coming close to talking whilst dead, aren't you?

Also, sorry about voting to lynch you, but you
    were the most suspicious. This is why I hate early-game lynchings.
    #
    Amarth 14 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    "Murska" said:
    Coming close to talking whilst dead, aren't you?

Also, sorry about voting to lynch you, but you
    were the most suspicious. This is why I hate early-game lynchings.
    Coming close to talking while sleeping, aren't you?
    #
    E_net4 14 years ago
    Quietness is requested! Next post shall be mine!
    #
    E_net4 14 years ago
    Day 2

The inevitable end of the night came. Before going to The Table, the group wandered around the enormous free space for a death cube. They managed to retrieve a cube with two opposite arrows, overlapping each other. It was also observed that Anarion was missing.

Grim Reaper: Did you find anything else?
    Pete: Nothing more than rocks.
    Narvius: And caves for shelter.
    Grim Reaper: Very well. We’ll discuss about the next victim by sunset.

Anarion was killed by the murderers. He was the Hacker, but he didn’t manage to hack his target before being killed.
    Night is due at next Friday night (26th).

Hoof. So far, University is being a time killer.
    #
    Anarion 14 years ago
    "E_net4" said:
    Day 2

The inevitable end of the night came. Before going to The Table, the group wandered around the enormous free space for a death cube. They managed to retrieve a cube with two opposite arrows, overlapping each other. It was also observed that Anarion was missing.

Grim Reaper: Did you find anything else?
    Pete: Nothing more than rocks.
    Narvius: And caves for shelter.
    Grim Reaper: Very well. We’ll discuss about the next victim by sunset.

Anarion was killed by the murderers. He was the Hacker, but he didn’t manage to hack his target before being killed.
    Night is due at next Friday night (26th).

Hoof. So far, University is being a time killer.

Oh, that explains it. Damn
    #
    Idiota 14 years ago
    "Murska" said:

It wasn't. That's the whole point of it. You make it sound like you're some kind of martyr whose death was completely out of his own control. But the whole "I'm innocent" act you put up was extremely poor in it's execution, and that's why I didn't change my vote the other day. I write this during the night but I realize I may not post it yet just now, so... First time I'm glad there's a save button.
    #
    Pete 14 years ago
    Oh god dammit.
    #
    Grim Reaper 14 years ago
    "Pete" said:
    Oh god dammit.
    Well said, my friend. Well said indeed.
    #
    MageKing17 14 years ago
    It took me a minute to remember that "Hacker" meant "Seer". God damnit indeed.

Well, at this point, I'm out of ideas. Our one bright spot is the continued existence of the Blocker. Murska was not a murderer (although he didn't do a whole hell of a lot to convince us otherwise... maybe he thought over-protesting his innocence would ring false?). Well, let's consider our information.

1- Amarth
    2- Murska (Lynched on the first day) (Innocent)
    3- Narvius
    4- MageKing17
    5- Zankman (Dead on the first night) ("First" Blocker)
    6- Anarion (Dead on the second night) (Hacker)
    7- Grim Reaper
    8- Idiota
    9- Pete

Now, Zankman and Anarion are next to each other in the player list. Is this a coincidence, or are the murderers just going down the list? Can we expect Grim to be targeted next?

Neither Zankman or Anarion are what I would call (and have called) a "high-priority target." Murska suggested that no "high-priority targets" have been killed because (at least one of) the killer(s) is one of them. With only Zankman dead, I wasn't too sure about this, but now I think this is the case (one point is a dot, two points is a line...). There is another reason I think this other than target selection, and that's because of who's left alive. We have Amarth, Narvius, myself, Grim Reaper, Idiota, and Pete. Out of all of these people, only Narvius and Pete aren't high-profile targets. Either we assume both of them are Murderers, or we take the statistically more likely approach and say that one or both of the Murderers are "high-profile targets."

At this point, I would say that it's time the Hacker came out and revealed their scans... well, too late for that now. While it's possible Anarion revealed himself to a non-Murderer he scanned the first night, I see no way we could trust anyone claiming to be that person. Anyone else have any bright ideas?
    #
    Pete 14 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    It took me a minute to remember that "Hacker" meant "Seer". God damnit indeed.

Well, at this point, I'm out of ideas. Our one bright spot is the continued existence of the Blocker. Murska was not a murderer (although he didn't do a whole hell of a lot to convince us otherwise... maybe he thought over-protesting his innocence would ring false?). Well, let's consider our information.

1- Amarth
    2- Murska (Lynched on the first day) (Innocent)
    3- Narvius
    4- MageKing17
    5- Zankman (Dead on the first night) ("First" Blocker)
    6- Anarion (Dead on the second night) (Hacker)
    7- Grim Reaper
    8- Idiota
    9- Pete

Now, Zankman and Anarion are next to each other in the player list. Is this a coincidence, or are the murderers just going down the list? Can we expect Grim to be targeted next?

Neither Zankman or Anarion are what I would call (and have called) a "high-priority target." Murska suggested that no "high-priority targets" have been killed because (at least one of) the killer(s) is one of them. With only Zankman dead, I wasn't too sure about this, but now I think this is the case (one point is a dot, two points is a line...). There is another reason I think this other than target selection, and that's because of who's left alive. We have Amarth, Narvius, myself, Grim Reaper, Idiota, and Pete. Out of all of these people, only Narvius and Pete aren't high-profile targets. Either we assume both of them are Murderers, or we take the statistically more likely approach and say that one or both of the Murderers are "high-profile targets."

At this point, I would say that it's time the Hacker came out and revealed their scans... well, too late for that now. While it's possible Anarion revealed himself to a non-Murderer he scanned the first night, I see no way we could trust anyone claiming to be that person. Anyone else have any bright ideas?
    Y kno, technically, according to that logic you're one of the prime suspects. Just sayin.
    #
    Forum » Werewolf Ep. 7 - The Monk of VR
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: