Register
Email: Password:
Forum » The Flashy Adventure Experiment
  • « previous
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • » next
  • The Flashy Adventure Experiment

    Grim Reaper 6 years ago
    NOTE: If you're viewing this thread using the default board theme (revolution_m), part of the images will get cropped. You will either have to change your board preferences or right-click and select "View Image" to see the full picture.

    'Ello, folks. I've decided to have a go at the style of "comic" popularized (AFAIK) by MS Paint Adventures.

    This post shall contain the first screen/page/whatever, plus links to the rest of them.

    As for update schedule, I shall make new ones at least once per week (more if I have the time and can be arsed).

    This thing works rather simply. I post a picture, a series of pictures, or perhaps even a crude animation of the current situation, plus a textual description of what happened after last entered "command". The lot of you can then post your suggestions for commands in this thread. The accepted command is quoted at the start of each new Situation (I'm-a call 'em those now). Only posts made in this thread count as acceptable commands, and I retain the right to choose whichever command I wish to execute and withhold the reason indefinitely. By reading this post, either fully or partially, you accept these terms.

    With all that said, let's begin!

    Situation #0001

    You are Edmund McFlashington. You find yourself in a somewhat poorly drawn bit of scenery. In the room you notice a safe-like object embedded in the wall, plus what appears to be a pumpkin on the ground.

    >_

    Situation #0002
    Situation #0003
    Situation #0004
    Situation #0005
    Situation #0006
    Situation #0007
    Situation #0008
    Situation #0009
    Situation #0010
    Situation #0011
    Situation #0012
    Situation #0013
    Situation #0014
    Situation #0015
    Situation #0016
    Situation #0017
    #
    Anonymous1157 6 years ago
    I want to play this game of yours. <Insert motivational speech>!
    #
    Murska 6 years ago
    Get ye flask!
    #
    Idiota 6 years ago
    Carve Solid Snake's face in the pumpkin.
    #
    Narvius 6 years ago
    > Carve 2-5-3 into the pumpkin!
    #
    Pete 6 years ago
    Dear god, people, am I the only one who read Problem Sleuth five times here? The procedure is both clear and obvious!

    "Quickly retrieve arms from safe."

    EDIT: That, or, of course, "Graft pumpkin to yourself so that you have one hideous arm."
    #
    E_net4 6 years ago
    I approve of Idiota's command. And make sure he checks the inside of the pumpkin.
    #
    Anonymous1157 6 years ago
    Oh, I'm retarded. I didn't read the first post. Anyhow...

    "Look inside the pumpkin for the piece of paper on which is written the combination to open the safe." Alternatively, "Ignore the scenery and start digging a hole through the opposite wall."
    #
    Thaif 6 years ago
    "Free yourself from this hideous dotted wrapper that encases your arms! RAAAAAWR!!"
    #
    Grim Reaper 6 years ago
    "Pete" said:
    "Quickly retrieve arms from safe."

    If you insist...

    You retrieve your ARMS from the safe and place it on your head utilizing your somewhat stick-like HAT.

    >_
    #
    Amarth 6 years ago
    Well, that doesn't leave much scenery to interact with, now...

    Kill pumpkin.
    #
    Murska 6 years ago
    Break the Fourth Wall.
    #
    Anonymous1157 6 years ago
    "Unlock the safe now in the future to ensure you were able to open it in the past." 'Cause seriously, ya didn't unlock the safe.

    Alternatively, "Pull a pumpkin-eating rabbit out of your arms (Which actually refers to your hat and vica-versa but McFlashy doesn't know that)."
    #
    Crazy 6 years ago
    Flash the pumpkin to induce a reaction.
    #
    MageKing17 6 years ago
    >Take pump...

    What pumpkin? You are quite sure there isn't, nor has there ever been, a pumpkin in this room.
    #
    Pete 6 years ago
    Turn around, inspect fourth wall.
    #
    Grim Reaper 6 years ago
    "Pete" said:
    Turn around, inspect fourth wall.

    You turn around to inspect the wall behind you. For some reason, you think it's heavily associated with the number four.

    >_
    #
    Grim Reaper 6 years ago
    "Murska" said:
    Break the Fourth Wall.

    You attempt to smash the wall (clearly in your mind labeled as the fourth one) with your fists. Apparently, either your fists are not made of steel, or the wall is made from something even stronger.

    Well, at least it woke the artist up a bit, as the outlines of various objects have changed their shade a bit as to not be absorbed with all the other visible outlines of the same colour.

    >_
    #
    Thaif 6 years ago
    ZOMG!

    Art Update!

    "Inspect the time from your internal clock".
    #
    NeoGangster 6 years ago
    Look out of the window, and watch the troll dancing
    #
    Anonymous1157 6 years ago
    "Climb through the false back in the safe." The fourth wall obviously isn't working.

    ... Oh, and has anyone else noticed how Grim seems to be avoiding the pumpkin? There were at least three people that wanted the pumpkin to do something / something to be done to the pumpkin just a page ago.
    #
    Pete 6 years ago
    What pump-yeah Im sick of quoting memes now. Anyway...

    "Inspect the third, second, and first walls, then."
    #
    E_net4 6 years ago
    Smash the damn pumpkin already! HE WANTS PUMPKIN JUICE!
    #
    Zankman 6 years ago
    "Devour the pumpkin whole. Then spit out the keys hidden inside."
    #
    Vacuus 6 years ago
    Leave through the door on the third wall?
    #
    Venom31 6 years ago
    Leave the Matrix via your cell phone.
    #
    Amarth 6 years ago
    Why all the meta-stuff? I guess because the environment doesn't have enough things to interact with?

    Put hat and arms on pumpkin.
    #
    Grim Reaper 6 years ago
    "Pete" said:
    Inspect the third, second, and first walls, then.

    You inspect the other three wa- OH GOD WHAT IS THIS YOU DO NOT EVEN

    SERIOUSLY, WHAT. First everything was done with uneven lines, and now there's straight lines all over the place.

    Not to mention the message on the wall. You are seriously creeped out, but manage to maintain a calm exterior. Well, that, or the artist is getting lazy again.

    >_
    #
    NeoGangster 6 years ago
    check if the red text is blood, and if so kill the pumpkin with your hat
    #
    Amarth 6 years ago
    Search arms. Again.
    #
    Anonymous1157 6 years ago
    Type "pumpkin /?" into the console.

    ... Actually, it might be a Linux box, so try "pumpkin -h" as well.
    #
    Pete 6 years ago
    Inspect the console for any means of input while eyeing the pumpkin-shaped object that may or may not actually be a pumpkin suspiciously.
    #
    MageKing17 6 years ago
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    Type "pumpkin /?" into the console.

    ... Actually, it might be a Linux box, so try "pumpkin -h" as well.
    Why not "man pumpkin"?

    Although personally, I'd much rather type "kill dragon" just to see what would happen.
    #
    Vacuus 6 years ago
    That's not right, you'd need to find the PID of dragon if it was a linux box:

    dragon=$(ps -ef|grep dragon|awk ' { print $2 } ')
    kill $dragon

    Or even: kill $(ps -ef|grep dragon|awk ' { print $2 } ')
    See?

    Hell, even that might not work.
    #
    MageKing17 6 years ago
    I was making an Adventure reference.

    > Kill dragon.
    What, with your bare hands?
    > Yes.
    Okay, you kill the dragon.
    #
    Forum » The Flashy Adventure Experiment
  • « previous
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • » next
  • Post Reply


    Your email:
    Your name: