Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Zombies (Screens)

Zombies (Screens)

NOSBoi 14 years ago
What's all this then?

We got the base in place, 6 types of zombies, 34 weapons and loads of item and decor textures. We are still adding more, me and Firedrake2222 that is.
The premise is survival/action with hordes of zeds in a large city and it's outskirts. We already have hunger, a basic wounding system, a reload system and a mixture of melee and firearms such as crowbars, axes, shotguns, assault rifles, sub-machineguns, pistols, rifles... and flamethrowers, grenades, sniper rifles and light machine guns. You can even throw glasses at them zombies.

We work when we have free time.

Any ideas welcome!
#
Firedrake2222 14 years ago
Heya all.

As my brother Nosboi has already stated, any ideas, suggestions or features you would like included will be appreciated.

Happy hunting! (Oh, and merry christmas!)
-Drake
#
Anonymous1157 14 years ago
Whoa, snap, I can't believe it. A modder has finally taken the advice of actually having something half-done before announcing it! (That may have come out sarcastically, but it had good intentions.)

You've got such a big list of improvements and such convincing screenshots that I can't think of anything in particular this mod still needs. How about an alien spore spawner that can be defeated to stop the infecting of more zombies? It could be one of the mod's endings.

... Wait, is that a toilet? YOU IMPLEMENTED TOILETS!?
#
Pete 14 years ago
Whoa, this looks like its actually happening. I might even go and reinstall Notrium to take a look at this.
#
Nicolai 14 years ago
Totally awesome, looks great so far guys! Keep it up, how much more you guys have left to go til it's finished?
#
"Anonymous1157" said:

... Wait, is that a toilet? YOU IMPLEMENTED TOILETS!?
Thanks for the idea of the alien spore, we will think about it.
The toilets don't actually do anything as of yet, however now that you say it we might be able to do something with them.

"Nicolai" said:
Totally awesome, looks great so far guys! Keep it up, how much more you guys have left to go til it's finished?
Well, NOSBoi whos leading this project says its about 30-40% done. Now that the foundations are finished, the hard part is gone. Although, certain oddly sized decor items has slowed us down.
#
harwe 14 years ago
"Pete" said:
Whoa, this looks like its actually happening. I might even go and reinstall Notrium to take a look at this.
What he said.
#
Venom31 14 years ago
Hm, reinstall? I never delete it
If you do implement the spawners, however, make sure they are not as annoying as in Werivar (Exp.) and as overpowered as in Crimsonland, that just went crazy with 'em.
#
NOSBoi 14 years ago
We will need to have spawners of some kind otherwise it will be a little strange having areas with zero zombies no?
If anyone has ANY ideas feel free to post! Are there any guns you want to see?

New area im working on

#
Venom31 14 years ago
"NOSBoi" said:
We will need to have spawners of some kind otherwise it will be a little strange having areas with zero zombies no?
I didn't understand this. Why areas with zero zombies? You can place some initial zombies. Spawners of different kinds may be welcome as well as zombies of different kinds. Also, containing linearly incresing difficulty may need non-linear spawning rules. That is, if you fill areas with initial foes, you may want not to spawn any new enemies for a while (or until some event triggered). And increasing their flow without remarks will just kill merely any player in case of limited weaponry and health regen... (and that is bad)
#
NOSBoi 14 years ago
"Venom31" said:
"NOSBoi" said:
I didn't understand this. Why areas with zero zombies? You can place some initial zombies. Spawners of different kinds may be welcome as well as zombies of different kinds. Also, containing linearly incresing difficulty may need non-linear spawning rules. That is, if you fill areas with initial foes, you may want not to spawn any new enemies for a while (or until some event triggered). And increasing their flow without remarks will just kill merely any player in case of limited weaponry and health regen... (and that is bad)

The spawners are only there to very slowly replace the original amount of zombies in the area (If not less) otherwise we could have no spawners and have the need for food drive the player forward but I am more inclined to the first option.

Speaking of food, I have been having a chat with firedrake and we want to know if having fluids should just increase hunger or if we should have a thirst bar. We didn't want for the player to have to worry about a pile of things at once but it would make water and other fluids more useful.
#
Wait a minute, what? Does this spawner you're all talking about have anything to do with the idea I posted? In that case, you have it all wrong. Regular enemies should regenerate the way they do in the Hive in vanilla Notrium. This spawner I spoke of is a completely different entity that has nothing to do with the normal and expected respawning of enemies. Shall I elaborate my original idea?

An area will be added to the game that is made to look like an alien base.There will be an enemy in this area that looks like a stationary zombie-alien queen. It'll sit there and spawn zombies forever until the player destroys it. Once destroyed, enemy generation over the entire game world will slow considerably for all zombie types. (Alternatively, it could just win you the game.)

Now then.

A thirst bar may/not be necessary. IMO, if you've got some good reason to include such a bar, go ahead and do it. Otherwise, drinking most fluids should modify the existing hunger bar, as well as applying whatever effect the liquid may have (Think of health potions).
#
NOSBoi 14 years ago
"Anonymous1157" said:
Wait a minute, what? Does this spawner you're all talking about have anything to do with the idea I posted? In that case, you have it all wrong. Regular enemies should regenerate the way they do in the Hive in vanilla Notrium. This spawner I spoke of is a completely different entity that has nothing to do with the normal and expected respawning of enemies. Shall I elaborate my original idea?

An area will be added to the game that is made to look like an alien base.There will be an enemy in this area that looks like a stationary zombie-alien queen. It'll sit there and spawn zombies forever until the player destroys it. Once destroyed, enemy generation over the entire game world will slow considerably for all zombie types. (Alternatively, it could just win you the game.)

Now then.

A thirst bar may/not be necessary. IMO, if you've got some good reason to include such a bar, go ahead and do it. Otherwise, drinking most fluids should modify the existing hunger bar, as well as applying whatever effect the liquid may have (Think of health potions).

I was referring to hive type spawners, I did understand your idea but thanks for elaborating.

As for the thirst thing I think it may be better without for now at least.
#
Venom31 14 years ago
I have a question: what is that "You have a deep cut!" phrase on the 2nd screeny?
#
NOSBoi 14 years ago
"Venom31" said:
I have a question: what is that "You have a deep cut!" phrase on the 2nd screeny?

When zombies hit you, there is a chance of injury such as a deep cut. With a deep cut you slowly bleed out unless you use a bandage.
#
"NOSBoi" said:
"Venom31" said:
When zombies hit you, there is a chance of injury such as a deep cut. With a deep cut you slowly bleed out unless you use a bandage.
I didn't see that the first time. Great idea! In vanilla Notrium, it's fully possible to attract a dozen aliens and start slaying them off as they surround you. (Actually, that goes for a lot of games.) This feature will make players think twice, because there's actually a chance of long-term consequences arising if one is low on bandages.

Will there be more than one kind of damage? (ex: Instead of just "You have a deep cut!", there could be a rarer "You have a deep cut IN THE LEG!" that also handicaps speed for as long as you don't have a bandage, et cetera.)
#
"Anonymous1157" said:
"NOSBoi" said:
"Venom31" said:
I didn't see that the first time. Great idea! In vanilla Notrium, it's fully possible to attract a dozen aliens and start slaying them off as they surround you. (Actually, that goes for a lot of games.) This feature will make players think twice, because there's actually a chance of long-term consequences arising if one is low on bandages.

Will there be more than one kind of damage? (ex: Instead of just "You have a deep cut!", there could be a rarer "You have a deep cut IN THE LEG!" that also handicaps speed for as long as you don't have a bandage, et cetera.)

Yes, such things as this will exist in the mod. Leg injuries and concussions will effect your character's ability to survive.

You will have to think twice before engaging zombies. Ammo and medication is highly valuable, and is to be used wisely.
#
NOSBoi 14 years ago
Progress is coming along, really the main things left to do are making lots more areas and making more indoor and city terrains that don't come out strange in notrium.

Does anybody out there have anything to contribute? Should I release a few areas with a pile of weapons and ammo to play with?
#
Venom31 14 years ago
"NOSBoi" said:
...the main things left to do are making lots more areas and making more indoor and city terrains that don't come out strange in notrium.

Military bases, marines' settlements, junk yards, old mine canyons, forests, plains, rivers, ... It's hard to think of something that doesn't come out strange in Notrium, except, maybe, some huge metropolis or something.
"NOSBoi" said:
Should I release a few areas with a pile of weapons and ammo to play with?
If it suits the idea of mod, yes. For example, some military base should have some armory.
#
SmokNiszczyciel 14 years ago
Gratz guys, u have nice mod How big it is? My demo is atm 150mb [im still working at it ]
#
NOSBoi 14 years ago
As for the terrain I was referring to notriums terrain blending, it makes most of the terrains we make come out rather strange. I do understand that there is not much we can do in that area. We will definitely have a military base with an armoury which requires some type of key or passcode.

Re: Zombies (Screens)
by SmokNiszczyciel » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:26 pm

Gratz guys, u have nice mod How big it is? My demo is atm 150mb [im still working at it ]

150mbs? Ours is about 30Mbs with lots of graphics and sfxs. Does yours have lots of music?

(Good luck with your mod by the way)
#
Redemption 14 years ago
"NOSBoi" said:
As for the terrain I was referring to notriums terrain blending, it makes most of the terrains we make come out rather strange. I do understand that there is not much we can do in that area.

There's a work around you can do to stop that. Basically you make some pre-blended textures so the blending system cancels itself out. There are some pics explaining it on page 54 of the Modding questions/answers thread, but here's the quote for convenience:

"A while ago, I" said:
I tried messing around with the sidewalk problem for a bit, and I've come up with a solution: use the blending system against itself!
Basically, what I've done is put two tiles against each other in the editor, then played the game to take a screenshot of them blending. After that I used paint (curse you, non-working photoshop!) to cut out the tiles with the blending going on. I then put the new, pre blended, tiles next to each other to see how it worked out. The engine blended the tiles which were already blended, and the whole thing cancelled itself out.
#
SmokNiszczyciel 14 years ago
No, atm it doesnt have music It will be big mod Like Notrium 2 [thx to Ville for creating Notrium]
#
NOSBoi 14 years ago
Thanks Redemption, I will have to try that out later.
#
harwe 14 years ago
"SmokNiszczyciel" said:

150MB? Where does the bulk of this data go into?
#
This guy makes some great compression utilities. Start using them.
#
Venom31 14 years ago
Oh, for God's sake, someone tell him to use other tiles for website
It's unreadable!
#
DRL 14 years ago
"Firedrake2222" said:
Heya all.

As my brother Nosboi has already stated, any ideas, suggestions or features you would like included will be appreciated.

-Drake
Nosboi brother? Nice to meet you! Oh, and good luck with the mod... Looking good .
I can not said of mine´s... But if yours is like almost done, you better do not stop now; also, as far as I can see
the community actually likes it.
Regards.
#
"DRL" said:
"Firedrake2222" said:
Heya all.

-Drake
Nosboi brother? Nice to meet you! Oh, and good luck with the mod... Looking good .
I can not said of mine´s... But if yours is like almost done, you better do not stop now; also, as far as I can see
the community actually likes it.
Regards.

Haha, hey there DRL!

We're not stoppng, don't worry. This isn't gonng to be 'one of those mods' that drop off the radar. Nos and I are working at it when we are granted the time.

...oh, and thanks for the luck. It will probably come in use
#
NOSBoi 14 years ago
Thinking of releasing something soon to get feedback (Early Beta). What does everyone think about "other" survivors? Notriums Ai is fairly limited in this department though.
#
MaR69 12 years ago
Is this topic still alive? Is this mod still alive?
#
Narvius 12 years ago
I could go on about how checking the date of the last post is kinda useful in determining the answer to that exact question... but just answering will be faster.

No.
#
Kario 12 years ago
Isn't that called necroing?
#
Pete 12 years ago
Ill go get the torches and pitchforks.
#
Forum » Zombies (Screens)

Your email:
Your name: