Register
Email: Password:
Forum » India!

India!

ZeXLR8er 14 years ago
Hey guys!

Just dropping in to tell you I'm flying out to India tomorrow for a five-week backpacking trip, and so probably won't be able to visit the forum until I get back to Australia (so, unfortunately even more time will also have to be added to the arrival date of the final Wazzal II build).

I'm just wondering: is there is anyone here who has visited India before, or who lives there? Any tips on travel there would be greatly appreciated; I think I have a lot of things covered by now, but for a country like India, I'm not sure there's ever such thing as being completely prepared.

Hope to hear from one or more of you soon. Have fun, and don't get up to too much forum mischief while I'm away!

Zex
#
Crazy 14 years ago
Apparently noone has. Have fun, yourself.
#
Anonymous1157 14 years ago
What Crazy said. Enjoy the trip, and do bring back pictures if you can! (You're probably gone by now because you said you're leaving today, but let's hope you do get to take pictures whether or not we mentioned it. )
#
Narvius 14 years ago
One of my teachers (awesome guy, seriously.) was to India, and said the best (and only neccessary) preparation was an open mind and a metric fuckton of spontaneity. And a backpack with some basic stuff.
Have fun :>
#
ville 14 years ago
Prepare for parasites - you're likely to get some. Have fun!
#
NeoGangster 14 years ago
"ville" said:
Prepare for parasites - you're likely to get some. Have fun!
eww I guess someone mad that experience xD
#
Idiota 14 years ago
Well, I think that in India, there are more people suffering from mild cases of diarrhea than not. :p Be careful with the water there, the locals might be able to stomach that stuff (Accepting the fact that they'll spend more time in the bathroom), but your case of diarrhea might not be so mild.
#
Amarth 14 years ago
If that's the case then you should probably do the same as we did in Brazil. Only drink bottled water, and make sure the bottle is still closed (i.e. sealed) when you buy it. This goes especially for restaurants, where they might have the habit to bring you tap water in a bottle instead of bottled water because it costs a lot less. Demand that you can open the bottle yourself.
#
varsi 14 years ago
5 weeks of backpacking/hiking sounds.. awesome!
I'm being green. Anyway, be safe and have fun!
#
Forum » India!

Your email:
Your name: