Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Doppelganger *spoilers*

Doppelganger *spoilers*

uberhunter666 14 years ago
I know you people probably hate this but is there a trick to beating the doppelganger from the psionics dream/mind place? I just cant seem to do it! Is there somewhere i should go first or is that it?
#
Venom31 14 years ago
First of all, I must ask what mod are you playing (if any)? Also, is it the Liquid Dreamscape you are talking about?
#
Yeah its the liquid dreamscape in regular notrium. It just seems so strong compared to me.
#
Venom31 14 years ago
It just SEEMS that strong. If you're not playing on easy, you should first ensure you won't catch cold during long fight (I personally create two fires with Immolate around the big blob near the right edge of the area - to run around it so that Doppelganger can't hit me).
The thing you should know is that your Psionic Blast seems to damage the more the closer you are to your target, and (it seems to me) the faster it's launched. When you move and cast or shoot, your velocity vector is added to the projectile's velocity vector. So, if you charge towards him for a brief moment and blast near him, you'll deal more damage.
So, the only thing is beware his chilly blast - it makes you very vulnerable to the next attacks (if he doesn't miss , hehe). And dodge, dodge... What else can I say?

EDIT: I'm very used to Static control system in Notrium, not Relative one. Maybe the fight gets a bit different when playing with Relative system, I don't know.
#
Good advice. Ill try a couple more times. If i had known about this fight i wouldve entered the dreamscape with more than just 5 life essences. Oops. So far i like playing as the human the best so im not used to being so fragile as the psionic.
#
Venom31 14 years ago
Yeah, L.E.s... I usually go to Liquid with ~12 L.E.s, and even more for next ones. I've set a quick key for using Mass Token to collect them easier and more comfortably. I've set many quick keys for stuff
#
This is gonna sound dumb but how do i set quick keys? I'm gonna start over and take like 20 in with me.
#
Redemption 14 years ago
"uberhunter666" said:
This is gonna sound dumb but how do i set quick keys? I'm gonna start over and take like 20 in with me.
You need to change the items.dat file to add quick keys. There's no straight out in-game option for setting quick keys so it's not really a dumb question. To set a quick key go to items.dat and find the item you want to set a key for, then change the line "-1;//quick key" so that the -1 is the key you want.
#
Venom31 14 years ago
The only remark I must add to what Redemption just said is that some of keys are hard-coded to have their effect. I'm not sure what kind of bugs can emerge if you set some quick key to one of them. Recalling the coded keys, E is next weapon select, WASD - no comments
I personally prefer inventory open/close for X, not to mess with I and U when I'm trying to use something in inventory. So I've set -1;//quick key for item Open Inventory I (identifier 206).
#
Anonymous1157 14 years ago
My mouse came with some handy-dandy software I once used to set the fourth and fifth buttons to I and W, respectively. It's really quite convenient! I've switched to absolute controls since then, so setting a mouse button to W is useless. I would set it to U instead.
#
Ok i set quick keys got myself around 25 life essences and have just entered the dreamscape. Here it goes.......
#
Forum » Doppelganger *spoilers*

Your email:
Your name: