Register
Email: Password:
Forum » I can't seem to survive

I can't seem to survive

Catty 14 years ago
Ok so i start off perfectly as an andriod, Exept its attack is sucky, I hardly know any of the combinations, Its like i find a Pistol chassis and i get teased by not being able to build the proper pisol and find ammo,
And also how do i make new based + Turrets?

Sorry about this ops:
#
Anonymous1157 14 years ago
This game is honestly a bit hard. It's hard to say exactly how hard (LOL PUN) because I've been playing since forever, but it is.

What difficulty level do you play on? Playing on easy will disable heat management and make the game a whole lot easier. I would also recommend trying out some of the other player races to see if you have an easier time with them. Each race has its own little quirks, so there is no absolute "easiest race to play as" anymore. (In older versions, it WAS the Android, but I suppose you've found out that that's changed.) If you ever get stuck trying to do something, we have question and spoiler threads you can search through as well.

Bottom line: Keep trying. You'll find a strategy to play the game that works for you eventually.
#
Catty 14 years ago
I just went and mad emyself a bunch of epic stuff, But i couldnt save so i dided Dx
#
Press escape at any time to see the menu. If you'd rather use quicksaving, I think the buttons were F9/F10 to save/load respectively (But I don't know for sure because I never use it).
#
Venom31 14 years ago
Use F12 for quick-save.
Use F9 for quick-load.
As far as I can remember.
#
E_net4 14 years ago
And make sure you explore the maps. You can find some interesting items that way. In addition, read the journal logs for tips and nice stories.
#
Catty 14 years ago
Ok ive done that, But i found a blueprint for a bike, How do i make it?
And also how do i make a statsis field?
I found a UC Pistol but how do i make a Rapid fire pistol? The sniper one sucks and the normal one just doesnt cut it D:
#
Catty 14 years ago
Also why isnt the game fucking saving?
#
Pick a save slot, type in the name you want to give that save, and press enter.

... If that still doesn't work, are you using NT6? (Meaning Vista or Win7)
#
Catty 14 years ago
Yeah, Vista
#
... Oh! Why didn't you say so? We JUST answered this in another thread.

The thing is, in Vista/7, Microsoft decided to restrict access to the Program Files folder to keep users from breaking things. In order to save in a game like Notrium that keeps saves in its Program Files folder, you either A) have to run the game as Administrator or B) install the game in some other directory (C:\games\ is popular). There is no way around this, except upgra-- uh, switching to XP, or using the Administrator account all the time (Which is a bad idea because Microsoft actually FIXED SOMETHING for once, so a restricted account isn't so restricted that it outweighs the benefits under Vista/7).
#
Amarth 14 years ago
Or just run Notrium as Administrator. There's some setting in the shortcut properties for that.

Still, that's a Notrium bug.
#
E_net4 14 years ago
"Catty" said:
Ok ive done that, But i found a blueprint for a bike, How do i make it?
And also how do i make a statsis field?
I found a UC Pistol but how do i make a Rapid fire pistol? The sniper one sucks and the normal one just doesnt cut it D:
You seem to be the kind of person that skips info ahead and then gets one step behind without knowing why.
First, you should get a journal entry right after you pick up the blueprints. They tell you to get the right items, and then use the blueprints to build the hoverbike.
To make a stasis field to need to find a force field generator and then make it functional with some extra things.
The VC Pistol is, IMO, the best one, keeping the balance between fire rate, precision and power. Figuring out how to make the rapid fire pistol can be a bit tricky, but here's a hint: You need to cool down the standard pistol.
I also agree that the sniper pistol is not the best weapon to carry with. Just don't use it.

And please, next time try not to double-post. Edit your previous post instead.
#
Forum » I can't seem to survive

Your email:
Your name: