Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Radioactive mod - also Smok is back:P

Radioactive mod - also Smok is back:P

SmokNiszczyciel 13 years ago
I don't have anything to do so I'm finally back to Notrium, I've also trained my programming languages a lot so it'll be much easier for me to make mods. I've done a lot while I wasn't here

I'm gonna make new mod which will be called "Radioactive mod" instead of "Insane Mod" [or if u wish the old name...]

Mod will probably require better computers, else it'll lag a lot because I don't like doing always the same, I like chaos,war,action, I like if something happens so my mod will be like I want, and I want a lot, so that's why people like my works

All suggestions to new mod are welcomed, I will choose best ones.
If I can then I will maybe rebuild [decompile+edit+compile again] Notrium engine if Ville let me do it

This topic is just for your suggestions and posts like "WELCOME BACK SMOK! I MISSED YOU A LOT!" lol, there will be other topic for mod [after I release it]

And yeah, my english still suck
#
Venom31 13 years ago
Radioactive... Will it deal with mutants?
Lmao yes

By the way, I've tried playing werivar mod, but it's a bit fucked up
#
Venom31 13 years ago
In what way [censored] up? Oh, and: original or expansion?
#
Example: too big push
@edit

At this moment i found a problem - after player "uses" a blueprint i want him stay in one place for 60seconds, but i cant find a way to make him stay in one place [like combining, while ur combining theres a timer and u cant do anything] while "using" item, any ideas?

@edit2
About ur mutants, i've made super fu**** mutants that are harder than u can imagine [um atm it's a virus but it makes mutants!]

About mod:
It's a big expansion for real Notrium, you find "dead" base, in there is a working computer, you use it later for researching,making new items,factories,"robot workers",researching new life forms, blueprints for buildings etc, in it you also find [behind heavy & locked doors [you must use C4 to detonate it because keycard doesnt open them, you also use dynamite to enter base] a surprise that will probably kill you if you'r not ready to handle it I also cant tell u what will happen after the surprise leaves base, but it'll be hell if you don't control the surprise, if you do then it'll be a lot useful for you

So atm im stuck with researching

"Users browsing this forum: MSN [Bot], SmokNiszczyciel, Yahoo [Bot] and 0 guests"
Fcking bot spammers
#
Narvius 13 years ago
Those aren't spammers, they're crawlers.
Look it up.
#
-

@edit
"Runtime error" fuck that i've been working all day on my mod today and I didn't make a fucking backup file -_-

@UPDATE

There will be no timer while researching - it's now instant and now there will be less blueprints&research [but still gives same effect] but they'll cost more. And that's because I had problems with it

Base stays unchanged

I also need some "flood" graphics, so if anyone is good with graphic then help is welcomed Ofcourse you will be 2nd in credits [just after me]
#
Sry for double post but people wouldn't see edited post so they wouldn't come here

How many players does Notrium currently have? I'm wondering if it's worth spending few weeks for making a mod for just few [3-10] Notrium players [because I see so many active] lol, it would be better to create your own game...

While I'm doubleposting then I shouldn't make just one message in this post, so I'll ask:

I would like to know what player does want in mod, so this will make mod better because I can make something that players wouldn't like and it would f*** up my mod, so really its better to ask player what they want
All suggestions welcomed, I will choose best suggestions like adding new vehicles instead of making weapon that does 99999999999999e-99 damage and has force 9999999999999999e-99^2.

I also will be asking for help because Notrium Mod Viever is new tool for me, so it would be easier to me to write new script in C++/java/xml/lua or other languages then using NMV, or just to create my own tool for making mods which would take me some extra weeks.

I will need to know how to make explosion effects [example: plot object - after x time do "explosion" and...]

And I will ask Notrium players about my ideas for mod, like making it a part strategic game, part tactic game,RPG,survival etc. I want to make a bigger mod which will look like a new game instead of making just some shitty extensions for already existing mods.

So, what do you think about adding "researching" which will let you make new items, factories which will produce ammunition for certain weapons.

About game story - I would like to talk about this with other Notrium players - what do you think about crashing on unknown planet, surviving certain time until you learn about this planet and learn to survive then starting building here new civilization[game would be in parts {Radioactive Mod 1, 2, 3 etc.}], some adventures,missions... All suggestions welcomed about the game story.

I could also make option to train-up your skills like shooting, so you could do more damage with weapons...

Also some random events over-time like enemy raids at your base [base is already builded in my mod], meteor storms [explosions]

For making so big mod [which means new game] I would need some support, so this mean that I'm creating new modding team, well I would need 1. graph 2. some script support[which will short a lot needed time] 3. advanced help [so if I will not know something then it would stop me for few days because Notrium modding forum is not very active, but if I get constant contact with someone then it would also short the time a lot]
Everyone is welcomed, even if you'r totally newbie. I will share all my knowledge with you.

Post your suggestions and offers here, do not email me or pm because I don't check my email and pm everyday
#
Venom31 13 years ago
"SmokNiszczyciel" said:
Sry for double post but people wouldn't see edited post so they wouldn't come here
You've written that 4 days after the last post. That's genereally not considered double posting.

"SmokNiszczyciel" said:
How many players does Notrium currently have? I'm wondering if it's worth spending few weeks for making a mod for just few [3-10] Notrium players [because I see so many active] lol, it would be better to create your own game...
That's exactly why I didn't make any mods myself yet .

"SmokNiszczyciel" said:
All suggestions welcomed, I will choose best suggestions like adding new vehicles instead of making weapon that does 99999999999999e-99 damage and has force 9999999999999999e-99^2.
Maybe 9999999999999999e+99?

"SmokNiszczyciel" said:
And I will ask Notrium players about my ideas for mod, like making it a part strategic game, part tactic game,RPG,survival etc. I want to make a bigger mod which will look like a new game instead of making just some [censored] extensions for already existing mods.
However not bad moddable for its time, Notrium has ability for not all game genres:
1) strategy - the lack of possible stratagem interface, I don't even imagine how to make such mod; saying nothing about AI capabilities
2) tactics - pretty hard but possible. With some (very) good thoughts about the game flow it could do
3) RPG - oh my! The RPG features I've seen so far were pretty crude, and still required much scripting (rarely intuitial enough not to contain bugs). In fact, out of RPG elements you see:
- increasing experience and gaining levels
- increasing skill points
- dialogue trees - nah!
- role play itself - as of your hero - pretty much only combat based, and hardly extendable from that
4) survival. Sure. Since Notrium IS a survival game... You may add horror to taste.
5) first GTAs-like racing (the very first DOS-based GTAs - because of top-down view). Add shooting action to taste.
6) 2D space sim? <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://forum.instantkingdom.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3834">viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3834</a><!-- l -->
7) quest (adventure) - I may be mistaken , I haven't seen any mod like that.
Also, correct me if some mods do not match what I wrote here. Everything above was just a compilation of thoughts about possible use of in-game effects, conditions and controls to create corresponding mods.

"SmokNiszczyciel" said:
So, what do you think about adding "researching" which will let you make new items, factories which will produce ammunition for certain weapons.
Please tell more about what you understand as "researching". So far it sounded a bit arcanum , except factories, but that's details...

"SmokNiszczyciel" said:
About game story - I would like to talk about this with other Notrium players - what do you think about crashing on unknown planet, surviving certain time until you learn about this planet and learn to survive then starting building here new civilization[game would be in parts {Radioactive Mod 1, 2, 3 etc.}], some adventures,missions... All suggestions welcomed about the game story.
Well, as a new mod it may start not as crashing on unknown planet. It's kind of cliche

"SmokNiszczyciel" said:
Also some random events over-time like enemy raids at your base [base is already builded in my mod], meteor storms [explosions]
That's pretty gametype specific, we first need to deal with some backstory etc.

"SmokNiszczyciel" said:
For making so big mod [which means new game] I would need some support, so this mean that I'm creating new modding team, well I would need
1. graph
2. some script support[which will short a lot needed time]
3. advanced help [so if I will not know something then it would stop me for few days because Notrium modding forum is not very active, but if I get constant contact with someone then it would also short the time a lot]
Everyone is welcomed, even if you'r totally newbie. I will share all my knowledge with you.

Post your suggestions and offers here, do not email me or pm because I don't check my email and pm everyday
It's funny, but I check Ville's forum every day or so. If there are hot updates then even more than that. I'm not professional modder, everything I've done was bits and scratches changing original Notrium to my desire. But unless I'm overwhelmed with my day job tasks, I can help you out in some scripting and general concerns. Alas, for me point 1. is ops:

- gameflow - what kind of things player will be doing from start till the end. Special attention here to things we JUST CAN'T do on Notrium engine. Those things will have to be cut out from the very start
- mod's features - with help of what will the player be doing all that of the previous point. Special attention <the same>
- mod's backstory - initial background, perhaps with that comic-style intro (just concept, not drawings - words)
- mod's plot - if any. The Notrium itself has no developing plot - the player just plows deep into memories to discover the past. It made N able to be created as a sandbox. If you make actual plot, the maps will have to be designed more carefully for a narration, randomness of maps would be less, I guess
2) creating some sort of plan: what to implement when. Thoughts about partial ingration here
3) creating "starter's grid":
- an almost empty mod with minimal things, just to test that everything's OK. It will be used as version 0.00...0 to add stuff to it
- your workplace: work folder of mod (you'll work with it with NMV, I guess) and backup folders of each mod version (marked stable or unstable)
- auxiliary things: progs to keep track of changes made, to backup versions, copy last one to Notrium folder to run test etc.
4) and finally getting to executing what there is in p.2)

Currently, we're still at p.1)

He has a good point. From what I've seen, anybody that comes onto these forums and says "Liek zomg I watn to maek HYOOG mod evrybudy halp me!!1" suspiciously loses a hard drive within two weeks. It's not to say that you shouldn't dream big, just that you should start small.
#
I already have my plan, and yes im doing backup folders, im still thinking about story&background so whats why ive asked you here. But i keep thinking on this And dont worry i can do everything [im talking about strategy/rpg/etc mod]

Atm im already pissed off because something went wrong and my notrium crashes after i launch mod. Happens same to older files...

All i would need is graphics for my mod

@edit
I've found a way how to fix problem with low ammount of players in Notrium

I will just adversite my mod lol
#
Forum » Radioactive mod - also Smok is back:P

Your email:
Your name: