Register
Email: Password:
Forum » An online PnP game

An online PnP game

Nuklearni-okurka 13 years ago
Hey guys. Some of you may remember me from a few months/years back. Well, I decided I could return here to host some kind of PnP game for our amusement (and my excess amount of free time). The games would be played on IRC, probably on #monkkonenrp. The system will probably be one of the following:

WFRP - Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay, it's in the medieval age of the warhammer world.
GURPS - Generic Univresal Roleplaying System, can be used to play almost anything.
DnD 3.5 or Pathfinder - a fantasy world based system.
Paranoia - a sci-fi system centered about a city which is enclosed in a huge dome, which is controlled by a computer.
RTD - Roll to dodge, a system where you roll only six-sided dice and depending on the result of the roll, you succed or fail. Not good for serious games.
And last, but not least, there are 2 systems which one of my friends has made. One of the systems is used for playing in western based worlds but it probably could be used elsewhere. The second system is good for magic based campaigns.
If anybody knows any other good system which we could use, please tell me.

The minimal amount of players is 3 (excluding me, as the GM). We will decide on the campaign, system and time of playing together. So, if you want to play, post in this thread.

Players interested so far:
Grim_Reaper
Shingo
Endymion
Murska
Narvius
#
E_net4 13 years ago
We would be doing something right now (say Werewolf) if we had enough players. The same applies for your suggestion.
#
Endymion 13 years ago
Enough players for WW =/= enough players for PnP

Also I'm in.
#
Murska 13 years ago
Hell, I post very strong interest. Paranoia!

The only problem is that I don't actually have any idea how to play it. But I very much want to learn.
#
"Murska" said:
Hell, I post very strong interest. Paranoia!

The only problem is that I don't actually have any idea how to play it. But I very much want to learn.

Learning Paranoia is treason. The rules are above your clearance level.

Anyway, I'll update the OP with a list of people interested in playing.
#
Narvius 13 years ago
I've started to get into PnP games lately anyways, so.
Yeah, I'm in. Any setting will do :>
#
"Narvius" said:
I've started to get into PnP games lately anyways, so.
Yeah, I'm in. Any setting will do :>
Added you to the list.

I'm not sure whether I should want more players or not, because 5 is rather enough. I think we should decide on the system for now. Endymion and Grim are for Paranoia.
#
Kario 13 years ago
i'll play since WW8 is still not finished or if you have enough no, but if there is space then yes.
#
I think that 5 players are enough. Anyway, Murska, I guess you're for Paranoia? Navius, what system would you like to play?
#
Narvius 13 years ago
Paranoia is okay, but the same as for Murska applies for me, I need to commit treason in order to play
#
Four of you would like to play Paranoia. Shingo didn't respond to me yet, but even if he and I would want something else, it'd be 4v2, so we will play paranoia. We now just need to find a moment when all of us can get onto #monkkonenRP, make characters and play.

EDIT: Grim and Endymion have got their characters already. Murska and Narvius, you guys should show up on #monkkonenchat more often so we can get your characters done. Shingo doesn't show up at all, so I don't know whether he will play or not.
#
Shingo 13 years ago
Oi you - Nuk - I've been looking for you. D: Also, I am posting to express my interest, as I have only done so on IRC up until now. Howdy, y'all.
#
Okay, so, all players have got their characters. Grim, Shingo, Murska, Narvius and Endymion, we just have to agree on a date when everyone's got time.
#
MageKing17 13 years ago
I'd be interested as long as it doesn't interfere with WW8 (and since I decide when WW8 starts, we're pretty flexible in that area ).

I can also point you toward another game system, d20i, "created" by a friend of mine with input from myself and others. It's meant to cover a wide variety of genres (let's just say there are rules covering Dark Templar Warp Blades, repairing Stargates, and piloting BattleMechs equally), although I don't think it's ever actually been playtested.
#
Forum » An online PnP game

Your email:
Your name: