Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Werewolf 8 - The Experiment
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Werewolf 8 - The Experiment

Amarth 13 years ago
    I think everyone has his own view on it. First time I heard about a game where they kept score, only the surviving villagers scored, not the villager team. But when wolf team won, all wolves scored and not just the survivors. Sounded like an interesting dynamic to me...

Anyway, since the day has not ended yet I wanted to apologize to Narvius. It kinda sucks for you that we kill you off, but we had to get someone. And if you're VI I'm going to be angry.
    #
    Shingo 13 years ago
    I commit SUICIDE, effective immediately.
    #
    Kario 13 years ago
    SHINGO!
    so you couldn't take the pressure it was basically everyone against you.
    oh yeah and can anyone explain to me why i'm targeted as wolf?
    if shingo turns out not being the seer very deep trouble not for me but for you guys if he is not a seer i believe an apology is in order.maybe
    #
    Anarion 13 years ago
    "Shingo" said:
    I commit SUICIDE, effective immediately.

........wow, totally did not see that coming.
    #
    Kario 13 years ago
    "Amarth" said:
    kept score...
    what do you mean by that?
    #
    Vacuus 13 years ago
    I have an alternative idea about the Shingo vs myself and the "other seer" thing.

He's being very adamant, despite being about to suicide, about being the real seer. I'm starting to think that he may very well be so and that the individual who contacted me is infected - or perhaps it's the other way around, regardless they were linked by the cupid and then this 'linked pair' start sharing information; the infected shares with the seer that kario is infected (if he indeed is) and the seer shares with the infected that I am the CWV.

At this stage, one of them contacts me (most likely the infected actually, incase I slip up) and reveals that they know I'm the CWV - at this point I have complete trust in them as I can't see how else they'd be aware of who I am.

Their original plan was probably to continue sharing information and coordinating attacks from both sides of the fence to confuse us and, hopefully, draw suspicion away from themselves; though me threatening to kill one of the pair probably threw them off a bit.

In which case, I can't quite see why Shingo would reveal himself as the seer (if he indeed is, and I could be wrong). It's putting himself out in the open and with nowhere to go in the case of everyone else believing me over him. Perhaps the 'seer' I know was going to 'scan' shingo as the VI and tell me so I'd reveal it to everyone, at which point he would not be lynched and most likely not killed during the night providing the infected member of the couple can persuade atleast one other infected to kill elsewhere.

Of course, he could be protected from night kills without being scanned as the VI but the likelihood of him being lynched would be significantly higher if it backfired.

No idea if it's true or not, and it's just a theory, but if he suicides I guess we'll find out.
    #
    Amarth 13 years ago
    Cupid would know and would have the frickin' responsibility to let us know about that.

Seriously guys. Cupid is not Just A Villager. You have essential information that will determine the game and will be lost if you get killed by accident.

Unless cupid linked himself. Yeah. But then you don't have a Seer + Infected pair.
    #
    E_net4 13 years ago
    So Shingo finds suicidal a good way out. That means he'll be Aer'd first, right? Then what's the point of lynching Narvius? I'd rather then choose someone more likely to be infected. I vote to lynch kario.

I request MK to say whether the suicide is performed before the lynch, to make sure I'm not mistaken.
    #
    Vacuus 13 years ago
    MK will be enjoying tallying up these votes, I bet.

Changing my vote to Kario for lynch; going to suck if he's not infected as it's all just speculation right now.

Also like to ask what happens if one member of a linked pair suicides, does the other die as well or continue playing?
    #
    E_net4 13 years ago
    "Vacuus" said:
    Also like to ask what happens if one member of a linked pair suicides, does the other die as well or continue playing?
    It wouldn't make much sense if the link was destroyed with the suicide, so I believe the partner's death should occur. Well, MK holds the rules, anyway.
    #
    Endymion 13 years ago
    What's going on, why isn't it night yet? Did the knockout gas pipes clog up or what?
    #
    Zankman 13 years ago
    Meh. Gone for one day and all hell breaks loose. >.<

LYNCH KARIO

Shingo might be infected, eh... Trying to get "Aered".

#
    Narvius 13 years ago
    Eeeh... what. Is. Going. On.

I suppose I should thank Shingo at this point, regardless of what side he is on.
    You pretty much saved me, thanks.

Lynch Kario.
    #
    Endymion 13 years ago
    Hmm... looks like I'm the only one who hasn't voted yet.

Lynch Narvius since ties are fun.
    #
    Murska 13 years ago
    "Vacuus" said:
    "Murska" said:
    Guys. I'm the Doppleganger. Thus, everyone gets notified if I turn into a wolf, according to the rules. Therefore, I'm 100% not infected until MK says I've been infected.

Anyway, one thing I picked up on with Vacuus. We're all in this for our team to win. Nobody particularly likes to die, but everyone should be perfectly willing to sacrifice themselves for their team. Anyone who picks themselves and their own survival over the win chances of their team is actually hurting their team, and therefore should not be allowed to play anyway. After all, you play a game to win and the win condition is to get rid of the other team, not to survive.

Win condition for me is to stay in the game and to get rid of the opposing team. Don't be telling me you'd happily off yourself now so that the villagers could win the game in another three weeks.

Yes, I would do exactly that if it would guarantee a win. Of course, it might have something to do with the fact that I'm in like ten werewolf games at the moment and narrating one, but in general, I'm willing to sacrifice myself to achieve victory for my team. To not do so is, in my opinion, the highest folly. Why place survival and loss above death and victory in a game where it doesn't matter if you die?
    #
    Zankman 13 years ago
    ^^
    Agreed.

Amazing, when I was preaching this in the first few pages, no one seemed to agree?
    #
    Amarth 13 years ago
    Merghl.

Lynch Kario.
    #
    Shingo 13 years ago
    Edited to remove, as changing my mind at this point would go against my word to a certain member whom I asked for a personal reveal, after flagging myself for suicide.

In any case - you'll all know that I'm a wolf soon enough.

Cheers, villagers. In regards to my crazy ploy - I think team wolf was already screwed, going into it, and It could have put us at a slightly less-worse position. Full discloser after the game, of course. Also, 'twere nothing personal, Vacuus. I just wanted to remain 100% dedicated to maintaining the illusion as long as I could.

Edit: Although I do think it's bullshit that day has stretched on to the point where I was not only able to suicide before MK ended it, but that every Goddamn player (pretty much) was able to log in and change their lynch vote.
    #
    Amarth 13 years ago
    Where IS MK, anyway?
    #
    E_net4 13 years ago
    He should be ending the game in less than 2 hours. If not, there's some other issue of his.
    #
    Kario 13 years ago
    OH WOE IS ME!
    why me? nobody has yet to explain
    #
    MageKing17 13 years ago
    "Amarth" said:
    Where IS MK, anyway?
    Sorry, I was caught off-guard by exactly how busy the start of school made me. I should have ended the day approximately 26 hours ago (5:00 PM local time, not 5:00 AM. Seriously, you guys, 5:00 AM + 7 hours does NOT equal 12:00 AM!). I'll be tallying up everyone's final votes and carrying out any actions that need taken. Watch this space.

EDIT: Okay, I think I've tallied all the votes. If I've made a mistake (and I don't think I have), tell me. With these numbers, though, it really wouldn't make much of a difference if one vote was miscounted.

Shingo commited suicide. Shingo was infected (a wolf). Shingo is the first character with a special role to die, I might add.

LYNCH VOTES:
    Kario: 6 (Amarth, Zankman, Narvius, E_net4, Murska, Vacuus)
    Narvius: 4 (Grim Reaper, Kario, Endymion, Anarion)

MAYOR VOTES:
    Vacuus: 6 (Grim Reaper, Narvius, E_net4, Kario, Anarion, Vacuus)
    Endymion: 2 (Murska, Endymion)

Vacuus has become the Mayor.
    Kario will be lynched.

"Why did Shingo just gouge out his own eyeballs?"

"I have no idea."

"Furthermore, why did his body spontaneously disintegrate?"

"No idea there, either."

"Well anyway, I've tallied the votes. Looks like Vacuus is our tiebreaker."

"Whoo!" Vacuus high-fives the person standing next to him.

"And Kario is a dead man."

"Balls," says Kario.

"Right, let's strangle the son of a bitch."

"I regret nothi--HURK!"

Kario's strangled body slumps to the floor, then spontaneously disintegrates.

"Okay, what the hell does that mean?"

"It means," comes the now-annoyed voice from the intercom system, "that Shingo and Kario were infected. You seem to have talked one to death and strangled another. But this game's not over yet!"

"Gee, what a surprise."

"Shut up! Sleepy time now!"

The knockout gas comes once more and unconsciousness beckons.

Current player list:[list][*]Shingo (dead): Infected/Wolf[/*:m]
    [*]Kario (dead): Infected/Wolf[/*:m]
    [*]Amarth[/*:m]
    [*]Zankman[/*:m]
    [*]Grim Reaper[/*:m]
    [*]Narvius[/*:m]
    [*]E_net4[/*:m]
    [*]Murska[/*:m]
    [*]Endymion[/*:m]
    [*]Anarion[/*:m]
    [*]Vacuus: Mayor[/*:m][/list:u]
    #
    MageKing17 13 years ago
    Whoops, I forgot that 12:00 AM GMT on Monday is 5:00 PM PDT on Sunday. Still, not as late as last time.

"...mrmphrgl."

"...'S some'dy else 'wake?"

"Yeah. Yeah, I'ma wakin' up."

"Good. Tha's good."

"I didn't feel any telekinetic bursts that time, did you?"

"No, no I didn't."

"I also don't see Amarth anywhere."

"Neither do I."

"Not a good sign, then?"

"Probably not, no."

"Balls."

"That's right!" crowed the omnipresent voice. "Amarth has been claimed by the infected! You're falling one by one..."

Amarth is dead. He was the Psychic (finder). You have until 12:00 AM GMT on Saturday (hopefully I'll remember this time) to decide who to lynch.

Sorry, Amarth, looks like you won't be participating in the game anymore.

Today's player list:[list][*]Shingo: Infected/Wolf (dead)[/*:m]
    [*]Kario: Infected/Wolf (dead)[/*:m]
    [*]Amarth: Psychic/Finder (dead)[/*:m]
    [*]Zankman[/*:m]
    [*]Grim Reaper[/*:m]
    [*]Narvius[/*:m]
    [*]E_net4[/*:m]
    [*]Murska[/*:m]
    [*]Endymion[/*:m]
    [*]Anarion[/*:m]
    [*]Vacuus: Mayor[/*:m][/list:u]
    #
    Narvius 13 years ago
    Vacuus is the mayor. You might want to add this info to the list

Balls. And he wasn't Aered, either. So, no psychics for us anymore. Unless he was doppled...
    #
    E_net4 13 years ago
    He was a man of trust yesterday. Let's not forget that.
    Now, it's time to move on. We have 2 infected to remove.
    #
    Murska 13 years ago
    I've doppled now. Vacuus really is the CWV.
    #
    MageKing17 13 years ago
    "Narvius" said:
    Vacuus is the mayor. You might want to add this info to the list
    Good catch. Fixed.
    #
    Vacuus 13 years ago
    "Murska" said:
    I've doppled now. Vacuus really is the CWV.

That was quite a risk, still I'm glad you trusted me enough to do so.

"Shingo" said:
    Also, 'twere nothing personal, Vacuus. I just wanted to remain 100% dedicated to maintaining the illusion as long as I could.
    Glad to hear it, I realise things got a little heated on IRC - I'm a poor communicator and get a little frustrated when people don't understand what I'm saying but as long as there's no hard feelings I guess we're all good.

Starting to think Endymion is also infected; between switching votes to support Kario ('ties are fun', 'Narvius is boring' etc) and his general attitude so far. Could very well be wrong of course, but thoughts?
    #
    Anarion 13 years ago
    "Vacuus" said:
    "Murska" said:
    Starting to think Endymion is also infected; between switching votes to support Kario ('ties are fun', 'Narvius is boring' etc) and his general attitude so far. Could very well be wrong of course, but thoughts?
    I find myself in agreement with that. I always found his 'Narvius is boring' reason to be a little thin.
    #
    E_net4 13 years ago
    Not to mention that Shingo said he'd be "scanning" Endymion next. The only way he'd know his role without a doubt is that Endymion was also infected. Awaiting replies from the rest of the folks before going to action.
    #
    Narvius 13 years ago
    "Anarion" said:
    'Narvius is boring' reason to be a little thin.
    Only a little? xD

I don't think Endymion is infected, due to what E said Shingo said. Why the hell would Shingo try to help us? He was infected after all. But then again, yeah. What Vacuus said.

[Edit]
    Okay, actually. E's reasoning makes sense, now that I read it again. Still. Why would Shingo do that? Only because he thinks the infected will lose anyways? (I remember him saying something along these lines.)
    #
    Murska 13 years ago
    Vacuus: If you had turned out to be a wolf, I'd have been lynched but I'd have won with my team, since you're pretty much established as a non-wolf now. So it was more to 'prove my point' about sacrificing for the team: I might not be an especially important role anymore but making absolutely certain we're not being fooled is more important.

Anyway, unless Vacuus's Seer has any information I guess Endymion is the most suspicious target.
    #
    E_net4 13 years ago
    "Narvius" said:
    Okay, actually. E's reasoning makes sense, now that I read it again. Still. Why would Shingo do that? Only because he thinks the infected will lose anyways? (I remember him saying something along these lines.)
    Even after killing 2 of his own, there would be one infected and himself. From then he'd most probably bring us down, one by one. Good thing it failed.
    #
    Murska 13 years ago
    Well that wouldn't work. Since we'd know he'd be infected the instant the real Telepath died. No?
    #
    Endymion 13 years ago
    "Murska" said:
    I guess Endymion is the most suspicious target.

If I were a wolf shouldn't I have supported Shingo in lynching Kario?
    #
    Forum » Werewolf 8 - The Experiment
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: