Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Werewolf 8 - The Experiment
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Werewolf 8 - The Experiment

MageKing17 13 years ago
    "Endymion" said:
    Since when have there been so completely ordinary villagers that you need to reveal more information about them than one would except you to? :-/
    ...What? I have no idea what you're trying to say there.

"Endymion" said:
    It seem quite clear that you are doing your best to make sure villagers win...
    If you think I've done something that violates my impartiality, please be specific; I am unaware of any such instance.
    #
    Endymion 13 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    "Endymion" said:
    Since when have there been so completely ordinary villagers that you need to reveal more information about them than one would except you to? :-/
    I'm saying that there was no need to specify that Anarion wasn't Cupid.
    Also you did tell everyone on IRC at the beginning that Shingo was a wolf.
    #
    E_net4 13 years ago
    "Endymion" said:
    "MageKing17" said:
    "Endymion" said:
    I'm saying that there was no need to specify that Anarion wasn't Cupid.
    According to the rules, a cupid turns into an ordinary villager after performing a link. So there isn't really much of a spoil here.
    Also, did he? Either way, almost everyone missed that.
    #
    Murska 13 years ago
    Just asking, MK... If one of the Linked pair suicides, would the other also die? Because that would really, really suck...
    #
    Shingo 13 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    The Cupid can link two targets once, during the nighttime. After the link occurs, the Cupid becomes an ordinary Villager. These targets become Linked, which results in each being notified of this fact. If one Linked player dies, any player Linked to them dies as well. If the Linked players are spread across more than one team (e.g. one is a Villager and the other is a Wolf) then they become their own team, and can only win if all players Linked together survive until the end of the game. If one half of a Linked pair is linked to a third player (which can happen if the Doppelganger copies the Cupid and links one of the two people the original Cupid linked to a third), all three are Linked together.

Why is it so hard to read the rules?
    #
    MageKing17 13 years ago
    "Endymion" said:
    Wait, what? When the fuck did that happen?
    #
    Anarion 13 years ago
    All this discussion about the cupid turning into a normal villager kind of suggests some of you still think I was the cupid. I wasn't.
    #
    E_net4 13 years ago
    Shush. Dead people don't talk!
    Dude, try to be silent. It's not the first time you screw up like that.
    #
    Anarion 13 years ago
    "E_net4" said:
    Endymions dead too! And I'm speaking OOC!
    #
    E_net4 13 years ago
    "Anarion" said:
    "E_net4" said:
    Endymions dead too! And I'm speaking OOC!
    Not quite.
    And I've had enough of this, let's just shut up until the next day.
    #
    MageKing17 13 years ago
    "Anarion" said:
    And I'm speaking OOC!
    Doesn't matter. If you're dead, you cannot discuss the game at all. Which you did. So don't do it again.

Exception being, of course, discussing the game rules and/or asking for clarification, as some people have done properly.

"Ugh... I'm starting to hate that knockout gas."

"I think we may have a bigger problem... that's E_net4's corpse."

"And," comes the voice from the walls, laughing maniacally, "he was your telepath! Mwa-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!"

"Fuck."

E_net4 is dead. He was the Telepath/Seer.

Current player list:[list][*]Shingo: Infected/Wolf (dead)[/*:m]
    [*]Kario: Infected/Wolf (dead)[/*:m]
    [*]Amarth: Psychic/Finder (dead)[/*:m]
    [*]Endymion: Infected/Wolf (dead)[/*:m]
    [*]Grim Reaper: Telekinetic/Angel (dead)[/*:m]
    [*]Narvius: Maniac/Village Idiot (dead)[/*:m]
    [*]Anarion: Completely Ordinary Person/Villager (dead)[/*:m]
    [*]E_net4: Telepath/Seer (dead)[/*:m]
    [*]Zankman[/*:m]
    [*]Murska[/*:m]
    [*]Vacuus: Mayor[/*:m][/list:u]
    #
    Murska 13 years ago
    Well, Zankman it is.
    #
    Zankman 13 years ago
    Eh. >.<

I wrote a reply yesterday afternoon, but my net got "cut off" (cuz it wasn't payed), right when I was writing...

I don't get why you two got linked. :X

LYNCH MURSKA.

EDIT: And so I finish this game without linking no one... Should have lynched you and E_net4...
    #
    Murska 13 years ago
    Dude. If you actually were the Cupid, you'd have linked someone with yourself last night and won automatically.

I'm sorry, but it's good bye and good game to the Infected.
    #
    Zankman 13 years ago
    What else can I be except for the Cupid???

Fail game, most fail, I'm am not pleased with myself. Must improve...
    #
    Murska 13 years ago
    Um. The last wolf?

Either all roles aren't in the game or Anarion was the Cupid. I know for a fact that Vacuus is the CWV since I copied him and got that role, so even if they aren't, you're the last wolf.
    #
    Zankman 13 years ago
    You sir, are lying.

It is impossible for you to be the Doppleganger. Why? Anarion was the doppleganger.

Why? Well, apparently, he was the cupid, a cupid who used his linking ability, because he, when he died, was proclaimed "a totally regular villager." That can only mean that he is an "ex-Cupid."

Since I am the Cupid, and since I didn't die (and potentially got Aer'd), Anarion doppled me.

You, then, are the last wolf. Vacuus is the CWV.
    I guess you two are linked, since who else could have Anarion linked?

I think that I am right, cuz either I am blind, or there is no other explanation.

What confuses me is this: Why are you still acting that you are innocent? When Vacuus comes back, he will just lynch me, kill me, and well, the Linked team will win.

Right?
    #
    Murska 13 years ago
    ...and if Anarion was the Doppleganger, he didn't call me out back on day one when I claimed, or ever since...

...why?
    #
    Vacuus 13 years ago
    "Zankman" said:
    You sir, are lying.

It is impossible for you to be the Doppleganger. Why? Anarion was the doppleganger.

Why? Well, apparently, he was the cupid, a cupid who used his linking ability, because he, when he died, was proclaimed "a totally regular villager." That can only mean that he is an "ex-Cupid."

Since I am the Cupid, and since I didn't die (and potentially got Aer'd), Anarion doppled me.

You, then, are the last wolf. Vacuus is the CWV.
    I guess you two are linked, since who else could have Anarion linked?

I think that I am right, cuz either I am blind, or there is no other explanation.

What confuses me is this: Why are you still acting that you are innocent? When Vacuus comes back, he will just lynch me, kill me, and well, the Linked team will win.

Right?

Your arguments are meant to convince others that you're innocent, not dig yourself a hole.

In any case, I'm thinking there may have been a mistake somewhere. If Anarion was the cupid (and he most likely was) he would have had to link someone to be called a normal villager. Now the only case where two people have died in the same 'turn' is when Shingo/Kario were killed way back at the start (correct me if I'm wrong though). This is the only chance Anarion would have had to link a pair and become an ordinary villager. At the very least, Zankman's claim to have not linked someone must be false as Anarion must be the cupid unless there's something really freakin' massive we're missing. This is probably why you weren't interested in participating in the lightsaber duel as you could not actually link anyone.

Other options are Zankman/Murska being linked, but as you're voting for each other I find that unlikely.

So, even though I'm probably wrong and will die tonight, vote Zankman for lynch.
    #
    Zankman 13 years ago
    "Murska" said:
    ...and if Anarion was the Doppleganger, he didn't call me out back on day one when I claimed, or ever since...

...why?

Cuz he didn't want to? How the heck should I know why, maybe he wanted to see how it would develop.

I am 100% sure & 100% honest when I say that I am the Cupid and that Anarion was the Doppleganger turned Cupid, because there is no other explanation.

O.K., since I don't see why you two would go through all of this just to lynch me (no need), I guess you two aren't really linked. Hmpf.

"Vacuus" said:
    So, even though I'm probably wrong and will die tonight, vote Zankman for lynch.

How so?

"If" you are wrong, its GG, since the wolf gets the night kill and its automatically over.

Lynch Murska, especially if you think that you are wrong.
    #
    Vacuus 13 years ago
    I'm lynching you because you're making no sense.

If Anarion really was the doppelganger then even if he didn't want to reveal himself he'd atleast be pushing to have Murska lynched. Which he didn't.
    #
    Zankman 13 years ago
    You are beating around the bush.

If I was in the spot I am 100% sure Anarion was, I don't think I would just retardedly lynch Murska. Just because I know he is lying, doesn't mean that others will believe me.

At that point, it was only trust that could have gotten someone lynched, not evidence.

No, if you recall, Anarion was lynched cuz of suspicion, which turned out as false suspicion in the end.

Thats exactly why simply lynching Murska was out of the question for him at the time; Otherwise, I have no clue what other reason could he have.

Also, another piece of proof, he would be in a similar situation as I am now. Its not so good, now is it?

Now that, friend, is makes a lot of sense. There you go, a few possibilities, you decide for yourself; The point is that the reason is irrelevant, its already done.
    #
    Murska 13 years ago
    You're making no sense. If Anarion knew I was lying he'd tell everyone, the Telepath would check one of us two, that's the end of that.

He'd at least have accused me when he was going to be lynched anyway, no?
    #
    E_net4 13 years ago
    Just poking MK because it's about time to end the day and I can't wait to see the conclusion.
    #
    MageKing17 13 years ago
    Whoops. Maybe I shouldn't try to host werewolf games while at college.

Regardless, this game is over.

LYNCH VOTES:[list][*]Zankman: 2 (Murska, Vacuus)[/*:m]
    [*]Murska: 1 (Zankman)[/*:m][/list:u]

"Time's up, Zankman."

"I'm telling you, this is a mistake!"

"Too late."

Zankman's corpse falls to the floor and once again fails to disintegrate.

"...Oh, fuck."

"That's right. Time to die!"

"Mwa-ha-ha-ha-ha!" comes the voice from the walls, as Vacuus was ripped to pieces. "And then there was one!"

A figure at a computer console pressed a sequence of keys and the lights in the corridor turned off. Murska, blood still coating his hands, looked around in confusion. "What's going on?"

"The experiment is over," the voice replied.

"So what happens now?"

"Now I have a task for you."

"You think you can control me?"

A chuckle was the only reply. Murska scowled. "I could rip this building apart piece by piece to find you!"

"You could try, but you would fail. There's no need, however; the door is open."

Murska spun around and, sure enough, one of the inner doors had swung open. Murska stepped through... and into an empty room. "What is this?"

"This?" came the voice again, only not from the walls, this time. This time, it came from a chair, which was in front of a computer console to one side of the room. As Murska's eyes adjusted, he saw the room was filled with a variety of equipment, the function of which he couldn't even begin to guess. "This is my laboratory. The center of my operations."

"And who are you?"

Another chuckle, and Murska could have sworn he saw the hint of a smirk on that distant silhouette. "That's not really important, is it?"

"Yes. Yes it is."

"Well, then, my little infected friend, perhaps you should come a little closer."

"Why would I do that?"

A snort. "If I wanted to kill you, I would have done it while you were in the hallway. Just get over here."

Reluctantly, Murska stepped closer. As he approached, he was annoyed that he couldn't make out any details of the figure; it still just looked like a silhouette. Then, once he was less than ten feet away, Murska realized the horrible truth; it was a silhoutte. "What the hell are you?"

No longer chuckling, the figure indulged in a full-blown maniacal laugh. "Can't you guess?"

"Not off the top of my head."

"Come now, just one guess."

"Hmm," Murska said, making a show of thinking it over. "Perhaps, you could be... a dead man!"

Murska lunged forward, striking at the figure. As his hand swiped through the air the figure had been, however, there was nothing there. Murska spun around, but was met only with laughter. "Did you really think that would work? I was hardly going to fall for that, now was I? Enjoy being stuck here for eternity!"

"You can't hold me forever, no matter who you are! I'll find you and kill you!"

"You can try, Murska. You can try."

Zankman was the linker/cupid.

With only two players left, the sole remaining infected/wolf (Murska) killed Vacuus, the jedi/crazy war veteran.

Complete game log:
    Amarth: Psychic/Finder (dead)
    Zankman: Linker/Cupid (dead)
    Grim Reaper: Telekinetic/Angel (dead)
    Narvius: Maniac/Village Idiot (dead)
    E_net4: Telepath/Seer (dead)
    kario: Infected/Wolf (dead)
    Murska: Infected/Wolf (formerly Absorber/Aer, formerly Doppelganger) (WON)
    Endymion: Infected/Wolf (formerly Absorber/Aer) (dead)
    Shingo: Infected/Wolf (dead)
    Anarion: Completely Ordinary Person/Villager (dead)
    Vacuus: Jedi/Crazy War Veteran + Mayor (dead)

First turn:
    E_net4 scanned Vacuus, Grim Reaper protected Amarth, Amarth found Grim Reaper's target, Murksa copied Endymion, Kario attacked Amarth.

Amarth was protected from Kario's attack.

Shingo commited suicide, Murska and Endymion became infected.

Lynch votes:
    Kario: 6 (Amarth, Zankman, Narvius, E_net4, Murska, Vacuus)
    Narvius: 4 (Grim Reaper, Kario, Endymion, Anarion)

Mayor votes:
    Vacuus: 6 (Grim Reaper, Narvius, E_net4, Kario, Anarion, Vacuus)
    Endymion: 2 (Murska, Endymion)

Vacuus became Mayor.
    Kario was lynched.

Second turn:
    Grim Reaper protected Vacuus, Amarth found Murska's target, E_net4 scanned Amarth, Murska attacked Amarth, Endymion attacked Amarth.

Amarth was killed by Murska and Endymion.

Lynch votes:
    Endymion: 6 (Grim_Reaper, Narvius, E_net4, Murska, Anarion, Vacuus)

Endymion was lynched.

Third turn:
    Murska attacked Grim Reaper, Grim Reaper protected Murska.

Grim Reaper was killed by Murska.

Narvius commited suicide.

Lynch votes:
    Vacuus: 1 (Murska)
    Anarion: 3 (Zankman, E_net4, Vacuus)
    Zankman: 1 (Anarion)

Anarion was lynched.

Fourth turn:
    E_net4 scanned Murska, Murska attacked E_net4.

E_net4 was killed by Murska.

Lynch votes:
    Zankman: 2 (Murska, Vacuus)
    Murska: 1 (Zankman)

Zankman was lynched.

Murska automatically killed Vacuus. The wolves won the game.
    #
    Narvius 13 years ago
    Ahaha, the so the aer was doppeld, lol, and then both wolfified instantly.
    #
    Amarth 13 years ago
    Ooooh that was so awesome. Nicely done, Murska, nicely done indeed.

I knew I shouldn't trust you. But I didn't know you would try to attack me again when you knew I had the angel on my side. Meh.
    #
    E_net4 13 years ago
    Hey, so now it makes sense: the game started with 2 infected, not 3! And two Aer's in a row... looks like Shingo's play made a difference.

I'm also forced to say: Vacuus, I am disappoint. You'd have won if you had followed my advice. After all, if Murska really had been a Jedi, he'd just have killed Zankman in the end.

@ Shingo: No matter how good it turned out to your team, what you did was not very wise, especially after the conversation in IRC. Now that I think of it, you didn't know who Endymion was in the 1st day after all. Well, you sure were looking for trouble.

@ Anarion: I hope I didn't jarate you off with the lynch. But you've got to admit, no one ever thought of such a possibility, especially in that moment in specific.

@ Murska: Go to hell. And huh, we had fun, nevertheless.

@ Zankman: Now that you know the feeling of playing a WW game of ours, I hope to see you in the next ones.

Well, I guess almost everyone F'ed up somewhere in it (I forgot to scan in the 3rd night ), but this was totally one of the best Werewolf games ever made by this community. *applause*
    #
    Anarion 13 years ago
    "Amarth" said:
    Ooooh that was so awesome. Nicely done, Murska, nicely done indeed.
    QFT
    #
    Murska 13 years ago
    Thanks guys.

I swear I had a few moments where I was 100% sure we had lost.

First, when I contacted Shingo during the first day telling him I'd doppled the Aer and that we were both almost certain he was a wolf and willing to join his side. Then he tells us there's only two wolves. Ouch, there goes the lynch control to victory plan.

Then, when Shingo suicided and Kario got lynched. Okay, Narvious lynch would've lost us the game, but I didn't know that. Two wolves up, two wolves down, crap.

Next, when Narvious suicided. GODDAMNIT if he'd just told me who he was I'd have gotten Vacuus lynched instead in an epic Jedi duel, had him kill Anarion, killed E and then lynched Narvious to get a joint win for us two.

And finally, when as the last night ended I found out I had not been linked to anyone. I'd asked for Zankman to link me and him to win, and thus was certain he'd linked himself and Vacuus to secure a victory for them instead. I had to kill E because I knew he was scanning me or Zankman and either one would mean I lose...

There were two moments of pure luck, too. First was doppling Endymion: I obviously couldn't plan that, but it worked out well in the end. The second was killing Grim: I was searching for the Telepath but got the Angel. Gotta love that.
    #
    Amarth 13 years ago
    "Murska" said:
    There were two moments of pure luck, too. First was doppling Endymion: I obviously couldn't plan that, but it worked out well in the end. The second was killing Grim: I was searching for the Telepath but got the Angel. Gotta love that.
    I'm not sure how much of it was luck, but I'd like to add lynching me to the list. I scanned you that night, so if you lynched someone else you would have been highly suspected of being a wolf.
    #
    Vacuus 13 years ago
    "E_net4" said:
    I'm also forced to say: Vacuus, I am disappoint. You'd have won if you had followed my advice. After all, if Murska really had been a Jedi, he'd just have killed Zankman in the end.
    Get over it, I was the one playing, not you, and in the end I made my choice because I had previous contact with Murska and Zankman couldn't construct anything resembling a sound argument. Obviously it wasn't the right one, but hey.

Still though, good game Murska. That was very well played
    #
    MageKing17 13 years ago
    It was quite amusing to see everyone assuming the game had started with three wolves; an assumption which, as far as I can tell, was propagated by Shingo himself (someone else may have mentioned it first, but he definitely repeated it, and people listened).

Amarth, at least, should have been able to guess the truth, having seen the Wolfbot source code and seen me admit the rules are based on Wolfbot's source code.
    #
    Amarth 13 years ago
    *shrug* I never really made the leap to that. I had kind of assumed that two wolves would not be enough for this many players. Note it took four wolves for one to survive.

In short: sounds like a wolfbot bug to me.
    #
    Murska 13 years ago
    "Amarth" said:
    "Murska" said:
    I'm not sure how much of it was luck, but I'd like to add lynching me to the list. I scanned you that night, so if you lynched someone else you would have been highly suspected of being a wolf.

I didn't count that as luck because I killed you for the express reason that I had told you I knew the Aer, while I assumed you checked my target at least partially for the reason that I had talked to you and claimed that.
    #
    Forum » Werewolf 8 - The Experiment
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: