Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Easter Eggs

Easter Eggs

ville 13 years ago
I'm finding it incredibly fun to add easter eggs to wherever I can. Just now I added an easter egg to Driftmoon regarding an event that happened here in the forums years ago, but I'm keeping it under wraps until everything is ready. Then I thought, would anyone care to suggest more easter eggs from the forum? Stuff that's happened, notable members?
#
Anarion 13 years ago
Items from or refrences to your previous games perhaps?
#
E_net4 13 years ago
Hey, it's good to know!
I wonder if a TPoD reference can become an easter egg.
#
Amarth 13 years ago
Driftmoon 3D, obviously.
#
MageKing17 13 years ago
"E_net4" said:
Hey, it's good to know!
I wonder if a TPoD reference can become an easter egg.
I nominate Zombie's "Happy Love Time Destruction Beam", since it's the only TPoD joke not written by me.
#
JakeWedding 13 years ago
Maybe we could have a Computer Chip Hidden under a Rock? or a Crashed escapepod in the middle of a forest?
#
Venom31 13 years ago
Yeah, and some abandoned bike parking... with whatever you like
#
Anonymous1157 13 years ago
You can get mad a me later for being the devil's advocate, but wouldn't it moot the point of being an easter egg if we knew to look for it?

Notwithstanding the aforementioned (OMG big words), I thought some of the tricks our IRC bot(s?) can pull were pretty cool. 'Cause robot is pretty cool guy. Maybe you could include a mathematician that looks like your (Ville's) avatar and does math in RPN?
#
MageKing17 13 years ago
"Anonymous1157" said:
You can get mad a me later for being the devil's advocate, but wouldn't it moot the point of being an easter egg if we knew to look for it?
...Uh, no. No it doesn't.

Maybe you could include a mathematician that looks like your (Ville's) avatar and does math in RPN?
That... would actually be pretty awesome.
#
ville 13 years ago
I don't think it'll spoil the egg if you write it here. I'm not going to tell you where it will be or even which ones I'm going to put in.

Did you mean Notrium 3D Amarth?
#
Amarth 13 years ago
"ville" said:
I don't think it'll spoil the egg if you write it here. I'm not going to tell you where it will be or even which ones I'm going to put in.

Did you mean Notrium 3D Amarth?
Yes, but someone will eventually mention Driftmoon 3D and the whole cycle can begin again. So you'd better anticipate that.

Some jokes about the top-down perspective, perhaps?
#
E_net4 13 years ago
Hey, how about a mini-game where we control the melee weapon with your mouse, like in The Forge?
#
LunaticNeko 13 years ago
"Amarth" said:

Why did I start thinking about M'aiq the Liar?

"Who would want the world with DEPTH?! This world is totally flat anyway! This is pointless." (3D)
"People asked me if they could ride a mountless cart with two wheels. TWO! How could that thing stay upright?" (Bikez)
"I saw a man with a ... something that looks like a crossbow but holds no bolts and burns things down. He calls it a ... a ... razor piston? What is it then?" (Notrium)

edit: got the name wrong. (I was trying to fit 32 buttons and 32 LEDs into a prototyping board whilst typing ><")
#
Anarion 13 years ago
Tattered paper?
#
Narvius 13 years ago
A conversation you can eavesdrop that is, word for word, one of the TPoD's.

Is there gonna be a dialogue log?
Then extend it by making the log of that dialogue look like a TPoD.

:>
#
Amarth 13 years ago
"Anonymous1157" said:
Notwithstanding the aforementioned (OMG big words), I thought some of the tricks our IRC bot(s?) can pull were pretty cool. 'Cause robot is pretty cool guy. Maybe you could include a mathematician that looks like your (Ville's) avatar and does math in RPN?
How about someone yelling "echo echo echo echo" "echo echo echo" "echo echo" "echo" at you for at least 10 minutes?

An easter egg related to Cormoon would also be fun. Maybe something with the screenshot competition we did way back in the days?

Also, obviously, ZeX and his attempts at screwing our minds.
#
E_net4 13 years ago
"Anonymous1157" said:
'Cause robot is pretty cool guy.
eh does echo echo echo echo and doesn't afraid of anything.

...I couldn't resist.
Also, there should be a reference to "TURN CAPS LOCK OFF!", messaging you and perhaps even kicking you from the game if you typed into a text box in all caps.
#
Amarth 13 years ago
Oh! Someone remember the spam haiku? You got it when you got kicked for flooding the channel. Might have been on the other network though, I guess Hambot1 triggered it a few times. IIRC it managed to reference spam (something about meat in a can), flooding (something with the sea?) and bots all at once.
#
Anonymous1157 13 years ago
"E_net4" said:
"Anonymous1157" said:
'Cause robot is pretty cool guy.
eh does echo echo echo echo and doesn't afraid of anything.

...I couldn't resist.
Finally, someone noticed.
"E_net4" said:
Also, there should be a reference to "TURN CAPS LOCK OFF!", messaging you and perhaps even kicking you from the game if you typed into a text box in all caps.
Maybe if you leave the game idling after you die, it randomly says "TURN CAPS LOCK OFF!" That way, the phrase even continues to serve its original purpose, in a way.
#
MageKing17 13 years ago
"LunaticNeko" said:
"Amarth" said:

Why did I start thinking about Mai'q the Liar?

"Who would want the world with DEPTH?! This world is totally flat anyway! This is pointless." (3D)
"People asked me if they could ride a mountless cart with two wheels. TWO! How could that thing stay upright?" (Bikez)
"I saw a man with a ... something that looks like a crossbow but holds no bolts and burns things down. He calls it a ... a ... razor piston? What is it then?" (Notrium)
Yes. M'aiq the Liar was one of my favourite easter eggs in both Morrowind and Oblivion.

"M'aiq believes the children are our future. But he doesn't want them ruining all of our fun."
"Some people wish to throw their weapons. That seems foolish to M'aiq. If you hold your weapon, you only need one."
"Some people want special bows that take too long to load and need special arrows called bolts. M'aiq thinks they are idiots."
"M'aiq prefers to adventure alone. Others just get in the way. And they talk, talk, talk."
"People always enjoy a good fable. M'aiq has yet to find one, though. Perhaps one day."
"I do not wish to fight on horseback. It is a good way to ruin a perfectly good horse... which is, to say, a perfectly good dinner."
"I don't know why one would want to destroy a building. It takes time to make it. Much time."
#
Kario 13 years ago
Put in an easter bunny giving you a easter egg!
or kill a bunny and you get an easter egg!
#
Forum » Easter Eggs

Your email:
Your name: