Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Help Thread (Spoilers)
  • « previous
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • » next
  • Help Thread (Spoilers)

    reaver894 5 years ago
    Hi folks.

    I found out about this game through GOG.com and from the very small amount I've played its really good for a game that is incomplete at the moment (at least from what Ive read its incomplete)
    Any way I am creating this thread as I couldn't find the info I was looking for. I am using the 110404 edition dated 4th April.
    I am in the first area and have a question.

    The center Island has two pedistols with a butterfly image, I got one from the ghost, wheres the second one?
    #
    Endymion 5 years ago
    The ghosts grandmother has the other one I believe.
    #
    reaver894 5 years ago
    But she's made of stone?
    #
    JakeWedding 5 years ago
    Use the "Ctrl" key when in her house, it shows all hidden objects
    #
    Anne 5 years ago
    "JakeWedding" said:
    Use the "Ctrl" key when in her house, it shows all hidden objects
    That used to be a good tip for finding hidden stuff, but Ctrl doesn't work automatically anymore. That would be too easy, wouldn't it. AND: As a matter of fact things that were completely hidden, for example completely under objects, were not shown by using Ctrl even before. (You will be able to gain a handy object-finding skill a bit later on, though, I believe.)

    For finding Granny's butterfly, I would suggest trying to drag some things around in Granny's house. It should do the trick.
    #
    reaver894 5 years ago
    Thank you all very much. I killed some time searching for a duck around the water too later to find out it was a rubber duck a complete face palm moment.

    I have a lvl 1 skill that shows some stuff.

    Ps @anne, whats your avatar? its really nice.
    #
    Anne 5 years ago
    So I gather you found what you were looking for, good.

    "reaver894" said:
    Ps @anne, whats your avatar? its really nice.
    Thanks. It's a part of a painting by Ville, for which he wanted me to model for him, when we were just getting to know each other. I'm his wife now, and I think the whole painting thing might have been a clever get-to-know-the-girl-better-strategy at the time.
    #
    reaver894 5 years ago
    "Anne" said:
    So I gather you found what you were looking for, good.

    "reaver894" said:
    Ps @anne, whats your avatar? its really nice.
    Thanks. It's a part of a painting by Ville, for which he wanted me to model for him, when we were just getting to know each other. I'm his wife now, and I think the whole painting thing might have been a clever get-to-know-the-girl-better-strategy at the time.


    If that works and my current partner goes away I may take up art
    #
    ville 5 years ago
    I better make the butterfly and the duck a bit easier to notice, after all this is just the beginning of the game, it's not supposed to be that difficult yet.
    #
    Princess 3 years ago
    hi guys, I'm stuck at the island of Eione. what do I do once I found the rock and the head statue? am I supposed to do something or wait until it's dark? thank you
    #
    Wenisking (guest) 3 years ago
    I need help to proceed with the main quest storyline!
    Once in the crypts, you're supposed to meet up with Brother William right?
    I saw him at the end of the crypts which is supposedly the cremation room. While I was fighting tons of spiders.
    I decided to finish off the spiders first before talking to William.
    But once all the spiders have died off, William disappeared.
    (I found a letter from Paul to Winekeeper about the library key and some shield in their room.)
    I searched the whole crypts for William to no avail.
    Then I returned to the East Monastery to see whether anythig changed. Yet nothing did.

    I thought William was a bad man and killed Winekeeper and fled when he saw me. But whatthefook is happening? The storyline has come to a complete stop.
    I have nothing much to do and is forced to stop playing my current character.
    (I have one save that was fkin far in the past D
    Should have saved more.

    Please help!
    #
    ville 3 years ago
    That actually sounds pretty serious, William should have come to talk to you and not disappear until he actually met you properly. Can you send me your current saved game? (my email is ville@monkkonen.net)
    They're located under My Documents\Driftmoon\mainmod

    I'll have a look at what's going on in your save, and see if I can fix the bug. You may hate to revert to an earlier save, so keep them safe. Or I can fix the save manually in case you don't have an earlier save.

    And thanks for your help!
    #
    Wenisking (guest) 3 years ago
    ville said:
    That actually sounds pretty serious, William should have come to talk to you and not disappear until he actually met you properly. Can you send me your current saved game? (my email is ville@monkkonen.net)
    They're located under My Documents\Driftmoon\mainmod

    I'll have a look at what's going on in your save, and see if I can fix the bug. You may hate to revert to an earlier save, so keep them safe. Or I can fix the save manually in case you don't have an earlier save.

    And thanks for your help!

    Oh okay, I have sent you the save files.
    And I realised I have a save file in the monastery just before venturing into the crypts. Yay.
    #
    ville 3 years ago
    Princess said:
    hi guys, I'm stuck at the island of Eione. what do I do once I found the rock and the head statue? am I supposed to do something or wait until it's dark? thank you

    Sorry Princess, didn't notice your message first! Did you get the rock to wake up yet? You can do that by feeding him the fireflower, which you can find in the tiny, little shack west of the rock. If you're having a hard time getting it to bloom, ask Fizz to help you out!

    If you've already done all the above, and are wondering what to do, did you notice that there's a secret passage that opened where the rock used to be?
    #
    Princess 3 years ago
    ville said:
    Princess said:
    hi guys, I'm stuck at the island of Eione. what do I do once I found the rock and the head statue? am I supposed to do something or wait until it's dark? thank you

    Sorry Princess, didn't notice your message first! Did you get the rock to wake up yet? You can do that by feeding him the fireflower, which you can find in the tiny, little shack west of the rock. If you're having a hard time getting it to bloom, ask Fizz to help you out!

    If you've already done all the above, and are wondering what to do, did you notice that there's a secret passage that opened where the rock used to be?

    Thank you. I didn't know how to feed the rock, even though I noticed he was sniffing at my food. Lol cute
    #
    Geoffrey (guest) 3 years ago
    I have a question: in the sailing company house where you have to gather the flies, there is a strange metal object. I've tried a lot of items on it, but can it be used at all?
    #
    ville 3 years ago
    Geoffrey (guest) said:
    I have a question: in the sailing company house where you have to gather the flies, there is a strange metal object. I've tried a lot of items on it, but can it be used at all?

    That particular object is just one of Sarah's strange devices. The poor girl must find it decorative.
    #
    Dale 3 years ago
    Guys I cannot find the stave of the ancient mage. I have looked everywhere I can think of and I think I may be missing a quest. I look at the world map and see that I have completed 0/1 quests at the crypt and 1/2 quests at the smithy. Does anyone know what the 2 quests at the smithy is?

    I have done everything except go to Mars-Sarmeth which I don't want to do until I complete these others.
    #
    Anne 3 years ago
    Hi Dale!

    I think these might help you out.

    Crypt:
    Go to the biggest room in the Crypt, with many, many tomb stones. Look for an empty place between two tomb stones, where you could possibly drag a certain draggable tombstone to.

    Smithy:

    Did you find the treasure map (or the first in the series)? Go to the Snatchers at the North Eastern corner, and take it from there. More help, just ask!

    Edited 3 years ago
    #
    Dale 3 years ago
    Anne said:
    Hi Dale!

    I think these might help you out.

    Crypt:
    Go to the biggest room in the Crypt, with many, many tomb stones. Look for an empty place between two tomb stones, where you could possibly drag a certain draggable tombstone to.

    Smithy:

    Did you find the treasure map (or the first in the series)? Go to the Snatchers at the North Eastern corner, and take it from there. More help, just ask!

    Oh yeah. I have found and completed all the quests now. Thanks Anne!
    #
    Princess 3 years ago
    Sorry to ask this again, I'm not finding the option to feed the fireflower to the rock. Is there any way to cook it on the fire pit? I must be missing something. Thank you!
    #
    whargarbl (guest) 3 years ago
    I'm having trouble in the ventilation area. It's fairly clear that I need to move these 2 huge rocks on chains, but I can't figure out how. I can't drag them because they're too heavy, and I've tried placing a mana mine or a ticker next to them but I can't make those explode without an enemy and there are none around. Can anyone tell me what I'm missing? I've been unable to get the weight distribution right with using only the spare rocks and people around.
    #
    Chet B (guest) 3 years ago
    I too was stumped shortly there but here's what I did.

    Try dragging the rocks onto the platforms and a few of the statue people from the box.
    [/spoiler]
    [spoiler]You might need to activate the switches and watch the sliding doors to see how close you are to getting it right.
    #
    Chet B (guest) 3 years ago
    BTW, I can't seem to find the way to open the forge after being petrified and the girl comes to restore me. I found the small panel marked control panel but I can't get it open to change the settings. I wonder if I'm supposed to go somewhere else and find a key maybe?

    #
    Gicusan (guest) 3 years ago
    help me catch the electric eel. I have the cage but he is too fast.
    #
    Princess 3 years ago
    Gicusan (guest) said:
    help me catch the electric eel. I have the cage but he is too fast.

    Drag the boxes on top of all the holes but one. That would leave only escape route for him.
    #
    Chet B (guest) 3 years ago
    Thought I would come back and say that I did in fact find the means to operate the forge.

    I had a great time playing this and I hope to see more adventures from this very talented team.
    #
    ville 3 years ago
    Princess said:
    Sorry to ask this again, I'm not finding the option to feed the fireflower to the rock. Is there any way to cook it on the fire pit? I must be missing something. Thank you!

    It actually checks whether you already know that you should give the fireflower to him. So you need to read Robert's message from the statue first.
    #
    Princess 3 years ago
    ville said:
    Princess said:
    Sorry to ask this again, I'm not finding the option to feed the fireflower to the rock. Is there any way to cook it on the fire pit? I must be missing something. Thank you!

    It actually checks whether you already know that you should give the fireflower to him. So you need to read Robert's message from the statue first.

    It says that the compartment is empty and I don't have his message.
    "The statue stops again to the sound of the bell, and the small compartment opens up. There's nothing inside it now." The skeleton says "I think we'll do him a favor by leaving him be."


    strange?

    Edited 3 years ago
    #
    ville 3 years ago
    If you've read the note, then all you need is the Fireflower, and then to talk to the rock. First double check that you do have the flower in your inventory (not any of your companions mind you). If it's still not working, I'd love to take a look at your save. They're usually at "My Documents\Driftmoon\mainmod" (and my email is ville@monkkonen.net).
    Edited 3 years ago
    #
    Guest1 (guest) 3 years ago
    I am stuck in the crypt at the monastry, there are four rows of switches, i have tried lots of combinations but cant get through this section, can someone help with this by listing which switches to click and in which direction.

    thank you
    #
    FarHag (guest) 3 years ago
    I am stuck at the ventilation gateway, what am I missing here ?
    #
    FarHag (guest) 3 years ago
    Never mind, I figured it out
    #
    Emlin (guest) 3 years ago
    Great game... But I can't find the way to operate the forge
    Thanks for your help
    #
    Anne 3 years ago
    FarHag (guest) said:
    Never mind, I figured it out

    Good to hear you figured it out, FarHag! (And you were faster than us too!)

    Guest1 (guest) said:
    I am stuck in the crypt at the monastry, there are four rows of switches, i have tried lots of combinations but cant get through this section, can someone help with this by listing which switches to click and in which direction.

    Here are two alternative instructions for the rotating puzzle:

    1) IF you want to try and do the rotating puzzle yourself:
    -Zoom the view out as far as possible (using your mouse cursor)
    -Start turning the wall pieces starting from the exit (right side of the upper wall), so that the wall pieces close to yourself are turned last.

    2) IF you want/need more help, here's a screenshot showcasing one possible right answer to the rotating puzzle at the Monastery (SPOILER):
    http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/4705/driftmoonmonasterypuzzl.jpg

    If you need more help, we'll certainly try and help!

    Emlin (guest) said:
    Great game... But I can't find the way to operate the forge
    Thanks for your help

    Hi Emlin! Try inspecting the forge very carefully. You should notice a hatch, with a keyhole. Then use the magical bridge that's just appeared, to get to the "room" just Northwest of the forge. Look through all chests, and you'll find something useful (certain pantaloons and an instruction manual)!

    Now go back to the forge, and see if you can get the hatch open. Then follow the instructions from the forge manual, to get the forge to follow your commands.

    Edited 3 years ago
    #
    Forum » Help Thread (Spoilers)
  • « previous
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • » next
  • Post Reply


    Your email:
    Your name: