Email: Password:
Forum » Help Thread (Spoilers)
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Help Thread (Spoilers)

Anne 10 years ago
    noolan said:
    Never mind, I solved it.

Good work, noolan! Nice to hear that you've enjoyed Driftmoon.
    #
    Zeek (guest) 10 years ago
    Help, I'm in the harbor and I cant figure out my next step? I know that I need to power the door to the cellar somehow, and I got the ore from the storage room, but no one is telling me a next step? And also in the smithy area I went around several times and did not see a treasure map in the snatcher nest? Does that come later? Thanks much!
    #
    E_net4 10 years ago
    I can help you on that. You'll see a generator that is fueled by flies (those blue bugs flying around like crazy). So yeah, power it by making the flies touch the generator.
    As for the second tip, you should be able to find the treasure map and solve it by now. Are you sure it's not in your inventory already? Maybe just look for it again? I don't recall much of it myself..
    #
    Guest1234567 (guest) 10 years ago
    Hi,

I seem to be missing something. Where the heck is the submarine? I've looked all over.
    #
    ville 10 years ago
    Guest1234567 (guest) said:
    Hi,
    I seem to be missing something. Where the heck is the submarine? I've looked all over.

Hover mouse over this to see the hint. There's a house in the North-East of the docks. The stairs leading down to the submarine are inside the wall in the middle of the house, but to open that you need to lead the sparkly blue fly-things to the generator.

Edited 10 years ago
    #
    Gust (guest) 10 years ago
    Hello! I really like Driftmoon so far, but now I can't seem to find a way to proceed.

I've just arrived at Eione and have explored the entire island. So far I've found a fire flower, a giant stone head, and a rock. The problem is, the stone head is obviously bugged in some way: When I speak to the statue, it says something about the sound of a bell, and then a skeleton who's apparently my brother Robert says it'll just repeat a message! Thing is, this is the first time I've spoken to the statue, and I haven't actually found Robert on the island.

I also can't seem to get the rock to do anything. A previous message said that I'm supposed to use the fire flower somehow, but despite having it in my inventory, I can't seem to use it.

I've tried reloading an older save and playing up to this point, but at the very least the statue bug remains. I really hope I haven't managed to bork the game somehow!
    #
    ville 10 years ago
    Drats, that's obviously a bug! This is the first time I've heard of anything like this, and there have been tens of thousands playing through that island before now. Sounds like some sort of memory corruption, or disk corruption in the save game.

[Edit] I actually seem to recall something to this effect with an older version, and the player naming himself Robert. I think I fixed that half a year ago.

[Edit] Ok, that bug still exists for this case! Your name is 100% certainly Robert, so it's bugged. I'll fix it.

Edited 10 years ago
    #
    ville said:
    Drats, that's obviously a bug! This is the first time I've heard of anything like this, and there have been tens of thousands playing through that island before now. Sounds like some sort of memory corruption, or disk corruption in the save game. Can you send me your saved games? I'd love to have one from before the island, and on the island, but anything will be interesting.

[Edit] Which version are you playing? I actually seem to recall something to this effect with an older version, and the player naming himself Robert. I think I fixed that half a year ago.

I'm playing on the most recent version available from GoG. As it happens, I also named my character Robert. I actually suspected myself that that might have screwed something up...

Is it possible to edit my save somehow to change my character's name? I can also send you the save files, if you tell me how.
    #
    ville 10 years ago
    I've sent you a new exe, maybe you can try with that? It should work if you can start from a save where you haven't been near the statue yet.
    #
    ville said:
    I've sent you a new exe, maybe you can try with that? It should work if you can start from a save where you haven't been near the statue yet.

Wow, thanks for the quick fix! It's working now, although it seems that now things that were previously hidden under logs and such are on top of them... I guess I'll switch back to the official version of the game once I'm past this bit. Thanks again!
    #
    ville 10 years ago
    Thanks for testing it! I think some of the hidden things showing are just mistakes from an older version than this one, I'll have to fix them in the maps individually - it's not a problem, there aren't that many.
    #
    hammama0 10 years ago
    How to pass the magical gate in prison
    #
    hammama0 10 years ago
    Hi. Stuck in front of the magical door in prison. There is a red circle nearby.Can you help?
    #
    ville 10 years ago
    If it's the one near the endgame with all the doors that slide down, then you probably just need the key. Check with the prisoner, he's in one of the cells there. If it's somewhere else, you'll need to tell us more where you're stuck.
    #
    hammama0 10 years ago
    Hi. I freed Word and I am on the lava bridge. There is a sign about stepping into the red circle and a fire gate. Can you help?
    #
    Anne 10 years ago
    hammama0 said:
    Hi. I freed Word and I am on the lava bridge. There is a sign about stepping into the red circle and a fire gate. Can you help?

The place you've described above is the notorious Fishing Spot of Doom! You need to find a fishing pole first, and you may need to backtrack a few maps, if you don't already have the fishing pole. Did you notice the Rakan fisherman on the Eastern side of the lava pool? When you've found the pole, step inside the red circle, and draw out your pole. All sorts of strange things should start happening!

Edited 10 years ago
    #
    hammama0 10 years ago
    Hi. Just finished the game. I enjoyed it very much because it was a good mix between rpg, adventure and puzzles. I hope to see Driftmoon 2. Thanks.
    #
    Anne 10 years ago
    hammama0 said:
    Hi. Just finished the game. I enjoyed it very much because it was a good mix between rpg, adventure and puzzles. I hope to see Driftmoon 2. Thanks.

Good to hear you've enjoyed Driftmoon, thanks for letting us know!
    #
    AlphaTheRed (guest) 10 years ago
    Hey, a quick question - how do you dispel spells in Driftmoon? I have the golden armor ability, but it always remains perpetually active and drains my mana.
    #
    Anne 10 years ago
    AlphaTheRed (guest) said:
    Hey, a quick question - how do you dispel spells in Driftmoon? I have the golden armor ability, but it always remains perpetually active and drains my mana.

Did you notice the icon that appears on the upper (left, if I recall correctly) corner of the screen once you make a spell. Click on that icon to terminate the spell. Did you spot it?
    #
    Jay (guest) 10 years ago
    how do you get a friendly outcome from snap?
    #
    Zander256 (guest) 10 years ago
    I im ixal's castle and im at the part where the ventleation has to be fixed and i cant get past it could i have some help?
    #
    ville 10 years ago
    That was the one where you had to balance the scales? I don't recall the actual order, but you can just drag the statues around until you get to the correct one. As I recall, you had to flip one of the switches. Also, don't forget the candlesticks.

And if it proves impossible you can always cheat past it.
    #
    ville 10 years ago
    Jay (guest) said:

There is none, I'm afraid. He's just too belligerent to allow you to pass.
    #
    Jay (guest) 10 years ago
    ville said:
    Jay (guest) said:

There is none, I'm afraid. He's just too belligerent to allow you to pass.

well it was worth an inquiry, I was trying to run through the game full int. and try to talk my way out of everything, but thanks for getting back to me in that regard, now I can move on.
    #
    Vitri (guest) 8 years ago
    How to defeat shape?
    #
    Vitri (guest) 8 years ago
    Never mind. I already finish the game. Thank u so much
    #
    Forum » Help Thread (Spoilers)
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: