Register
Email: Password:
Forum » An apology

An apology

Pete 12 years ago
So I was looking through the "latest posts" on the Escapist forums (a great source of entertainment and opportunities for smug superior-ness, by the way), when this came up. At first I had a good time, but then this came up:

"samwd1" said:
0.999recurring doesnt equal 1 but it might aswell do because its 0.000recurring1 (if you dont know what i mean I mean 0.00000000......1).

So, at some point in the distant past I remember using that exact same argument (0,0reccuring1) on these very forums, and trying to defend it too. Id like to apologize for any permanent facepalms I might have caused that day.
#
Nocture17 12 years ago
God I hate this one. It's so incredibly counter-intuitive that 0.9999999 is equal to 1 my wife still refuses to even think about it.
Them's the breaks of a decimal number system I suppose.
#
MageKing17 12 years ago
"Pete" said:
So, at some point in the distant past I remember using that exact same argument (0,0reccuring1) on these very forums, and trying to defend it too. Id like to apologize for any permanent facepalms I might have caused that day.
I have a vague memory of that. Apology sort-of accepted... I guess.
#
E_net4 12 years ago
I actually recall we have a Maths thread in here. Well, no need to apologize now.
#
Crazy 12 years ago
Lolz.
#
E_net4 12 years ago
Maths: <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://forum.instantkingdom.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3289">viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3289</a><!-- l -->
#
Forum » An apology

Your email:
Your name: