Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Thread title goes here
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Thread title goes here

Pete 12 years ago
    New topic because we dont seem to HAVE a general chat thread anymore.

So, um... what is up with Googles logo today? Am I missing something?
    #
    Nocture17 12 years ago
    Charlie Chaplain's birthday?
    #
    Narvius 12 years ago
    I LIKE TALCO.

And yeah, today's logo is nice.

I was thinking about starting such a topic for some time now. Wanted to call "The new non-gaming thread". :S
    #
    Amarth 12 years ago
    Am I right to assume that that logo does not use Flash?

Yet plays video and sound?

HTML5 is cool.
    #
    Kario 12 years ago
    i liked pacman better but was a bit annoying .
    #
    Vacuus 12 years ago
    "Amarth" said:
    Am I right to assume that that logo does not use Flash?

Yet plays video and sound?

HTML5 is cool.

The one good thing Apple has done by not supporting flash is push HTML5 forward by a couple of years(?)

See, I wouldn't know that if work didn't give me an iPad.
    #
    Crazy 12 years ago
    What. That's a HTML5 video with no flash whatsoever? So cool.
    #
    Anonymous1157 12 years ago
    I too had absolutely no idea that it wasn't Flash.

... Shocking.
    #
    Amarth 12 years ago
    Since this is the random chat thread...

You know what someone should make? A Google Maps-like site for fantasy maps. How do I get from Neverwinter from Athkatla? What cities are close to Vivec? How far is Vault 101 from Tenpenny Tower?

Would make the life of many gamers and mostly DMs so much easier.
    #
    Nocture17 12 years ago
    "Amarth" said:
    Since this is the random chat thread...

You know what someone should make? A Google Maps-like site for fantasy maps. How do I get from Neverwinter from Athkatla? What cities are close to Vivec? How far is Vault 101 from Tenpenny Tower?

Would make the life of many gamers and mostly DMs so much easier.

That. Would. Be. Awesome.
    #
    One can already generate Minecraft maps that load as a Google Maps page with Tectonicus. It would simply be a matter of someone figuring out how to extract a map of the target game and render it in isometric/top-down at several zoom levels. (That is, unless you were hoping for an official solution, in which case you gotta go nag the developers.)
    #
    Amarth 12 years ago
    Ah. Interesting. Doesn't seem to support finding itineraries though. I think that would be the main headache. Though there's probably software out there. Somewhere.
    #
    SolusLupus 12 years ago
    First off: HI I am back (with a new user name) after.....Years . My old user name was LoneWolf.
    Secondly: Why not sit down and program one? You could make a simple program that stitches multiple images together with a set px/(distance here). Let users upload their own images and stitch them together with the software. An official site in a google maps type enviorment could contain the better maps for public use. This actually is not a bad idea...Wish I had more time...
    #
    MageKing17 12 years ago
    Something like this?
    #
    Crazy 12 years ago
    Damn, MK beat me to it. But yeah, the Elder Scrolls have an absurd amount of documentation. I think you could easily burn an entire week just reading Skyrim-related lore.

And, uh, the answer is Balmora. >.>
    #
    Pete 12 years ago
    ...*sigh*

Okay so I watched all episodes of My Little Pony and its actually suprisingly good I mean its not the next coming of Jesus or anything but you know I watched all of it despite being male and nineteen years old and I still think its good and totally worth the time oh god please dont make fun of me

Right, thats THAT mandatory post out of the way...
    #
    "Pete" said:
    Okay so I watched all episodes of My Little Pony and its actually suprisingly good I mean its not the next coming of Jesus or anything but you know I watched all of it despite being male and nineteen years old and I still think its good and totally worth the time oh god please dont make fun of me
    I like Dragon Tales. >.>
    #
    Narvius 12 years ago
    "Pete" said:
    While *I* didn't (despite a friend of mine telling me every so often to) watch it, it's not exactly weird. Open some episode on youtube and check consumer demographics
    #
    Amarth 12 years ago
    New season of Doctor Who is AWESOME.

Just saying.
    #
    Amarth 12 years ago
    Anyone else using Evolve? It's kinda cool. I mostly like the whole keep-IM-usable-while-gaming thing, but I'd like to try the LAN bridging some time.
    #
    Pete 12 years ago
    So is it just me or are the "new posts" and "no new posts" broken? I was going to try using a different style but that just gives me a "Moved." message. EDIT: Add the quote and edit buttons to that.

By the way Im using Firefox.
    #
    Amarth 12 years ago
    They are broken. I think Ville is working on the style, I believe the site got more horizontal space. The forum looked wrong for a while, now it's simply broken.

Give it some time, Ville will probably fix it. I hope so anyway.
    #
    Kario 12 years ago
    I miss the balls.
    I LOVE BALLS!
    #
    Pete 12 years ago
    "Amarth" said:
    They are broken. I think Ville is working on the style, I believe the site got more horizontal space. The forum looked wrong for a while, now it's simply broken.

Give it some time, Ville will probably fix it. I hope so anyway.
    Interestingly enough it seems to have the broken-but visible look on my notebook, here.

...the fact that I know just enough about webpages to be able to throw some random buzzwords around but not actually point out the problem bothers me. Frankly for someone who is looking for a job in the IT industry I know disturbingly little IT.
    #
    ville 12 years ago
    Is it working now? (And please remember to do the full refresh, shift-F5 or ctrl-F5 depending on your browser)
    #
    Venom31 12 years ago
    Everything seems in place. Even the search function fares better.
    #
    Kario 12 years ago
    "ville" said:
    Is it working now? (And please remember to do the full refresh, shift-F5 or ctrl-F5 depending on your browser)
    THE BALLS ARE BACK!!!

Also, when did this turn into a confessional?
    #
    Narvius 12 years ago
    Today, a friend of mine asked me what I was taking because I used a mortar (the one people know from RPG's, not the one people know from RTS's) to break up a block of instant noodle soup noodles.

@Kario: On friday, the 15th April 2011, at 2:12 pm GMT.
    #
    ville 12 years ago
    I've moved the forum to the subdomain forum. I am thinking of moving the www subdomain to another server, so this is the first step.
    #
    Crazy 12 years ago
    "Narvius" said:
    (the one people know from RPG's, not the one people know from RTS's)
    Wow. We are enourmous nerds.
    #
    Pete 12 years ago
    "Crazy" said:
    "Narvius" said:

Hey, at least its not quoting D&D item tables...
    #
    Venom31 12 years ago
    "Pete" said:
    "Crazy" said:
    "Narvius" said:

Hey, at least its not quoting D&D item tables...
    What for, everyone knows that!
    #
    MageKing17 12 years ago
    "Crazy" said:
    *Enormous. And yes, yes we are.

On the plus side, this means I instantly knew what Narvius meant.
    #
    Those damned ponies are EVERYWHERE. I mean, EVERYWHERE. See Pete's avatar, 'cause there's one there now, even.
    #
    Narvius 12 years ago
    At least you don't have a friend who won't miss an occasion to remind you that you totally should watch it.
    #
    Forum » Thread title goes here
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: