Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Driftmoon questions
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Driftmoon questions

Cat in the Hat (guest) 11 years ago
    One last thing...

I'd bill this as an Adventure / RPG, not a pure RPG, as it's clearly more focused on the story-telling. (And my scores are a bit harsh, but I'm old enough to remember when 80% was a very respectable score for a game, so don't be overly disheartened )

If anything, I'd have liked a scene at the end showing (in-game engine) people waking up; your poor mother & Humb the Hero don't even get a look in! After she pushed you down a well & all...

One last question:

Is there any reward to playing the husky hockey? I scored a few times, but it didn't seem to be going anywhere, so I left the husky to it. Did I miss an Easter Egg?
    #
    ville 11 years ago
    Thanks for the suggestions and the bugreports Cat in the Hat! I'm especially glad to hear that we nailed the writing, and that you would have loved to play more of it (guessing by your Length score).

About the graphical glitch with the black knight area, I can't seem to see it myself. Can you describe it a bit more, or better yet, screenshoot it?

There is no reward for the hockey game, at least not yet. Will have to see if Anne can think of something that would make sense - the poor dog's AI isn't really tuned for hockey.
    #
    Cat in the Hat (guest) 11 years ago
    Screenshot sent via the Feedback ingame do-dar. Very minor issue.

And yes, I'd have loved it if it was longer

The poor dog made me do an own goal btw! (and it was a nice touch that the game recognised that)
    #
    Death Knight 11 years ago
    Im actually a little lost. I paid for the game a half a year-to actually a year ago. I got an email a month ago telling the game is out. Now the blog says otherwise. My question is the game done and or exactly how much it is done?

Im not angry as I could honestly care less, I just want to know as I almost forgot about this until a day ago
    #
    Corwin (guest) 11 years ago
    The beta is available and the game proper will be released on Feb 26 according to the latest press release. The game is finished and eminently playable.
    #
    Anne 11 years ago
    Thanks for the reply, Corwin!

Sorry if it's been a bit unclear to you Deathknight! The full adventure from start to finish has been available to our preorderers since Christmas, but as a beta - it's contained many bugs, and has still lacked the polish of a finished product. But thanks to the valiant efforts of our beta crew, we've steadily been ironing out all the problems, and we're finally confident enough in our fixes to say that it will be released by the 26th.

We did release a release candidate a few weeks back, but that was before we got a bit carried away with the idea of finally implementing the tilted angle version. Now, after a few weeks of slaving away enabling the tilt, and making graphical enhancements, the new graphics mode is fully playable.

We are now doing final beta testing, fixing small bugs, and putting together a new trailer. Those aside, Driftmoon is complete, and February 26th is the official release date.
    #
    stubbie 11 years ago
    Is there any chance of the game being ported to iPad?

And I love what you guys have done with the game since the early beta days. The game looks and plays fantastic.
    I was going to start a new game all over with Ver 0.999 but decided I'm going to force myself to wait for the 26th
    #
    Anne 11 years ago
    Thanks stubbie! We've been working hard to get Driftmoon this far, so it makes us very happy to hear our players are enjoying what we've done.

stubbie said:
    Is there any chance of the game being ported to iPad?

There is a chance for that, especially if Driftmoon does well. I think iPad (or the other tablets) would be a pretty excellent fit for Driftmoon, so I'm really hoping we get to port!
    #
    BaconLovingRussian (guest) 11 years ago
    Can someone please tell me where the mage's staff is in the crypt? Thanks in advance.
    #
    Anne 11 years ago
    Hi there!

I'll help you out:
    Go to the biggest room in the Crypt, with many, many tomb stones. Look for an empty place between two tomb stones, where you could possibly drag a certain draggable tombstone to.

Did you find it?
    #
    BaconLovingRussian (guest) 11 years ago
    Anne said:
    Hi there!

I'll help you out:
    Go to the biggest room in the Crypt, with many, many tomb stones. Look for an empty place between two tomb stones, where you could possibly drag a certain draggable tombstone to.

Did you find it?

Wow. I was totally derping. Thanks for helping me!!!

Also, I saved right after I got it and it said I had played for 240 min.
    That is 4 hours of my life spent correctly.
    #
    Leaper (guest) 10 years ago
    Help! I'm completely stuck. I've gotten all the way through the fortress, found Word, gone out the secret passage, and... I can't go anywhere. There are two gates locked from the other side, and a bridge to a spot where I think about how I could fish if I had a fishing rod, with an impenetrable haze thing next to it. I don't have a fishing rod. There's nowhere else to go. What on earth am I meant to do? Did I miss something? I'm going to be in a world of hurt if it's glitched, I didn't find the save menu until after I got stuck, I was too caught up in playing...
    #
    Anne 10 years ago
    Hi Leaper! Don't worry, I', pretty sure you can still find that fishing rod which you must have missed a bit earlier in the fortress. Did you see the Rakan fisherman, right after the slippery ice room? That's where you need to go to find that missing fishing rod, then return back to where you are now.
    #
    Mandrake42 (guest) 10 years ago
    Cat in the Hat (guest) said:

Minor Bugs:

[spoiler]In the area where you fight the Black Knight & get the staff, there are graphical bugs (the "unconscious spiral effect") to the <west of="" the="" plaque="" room="" in="" darkness.="" this="" tends="" to="" make="" you="" think="" that="" there's="" more="" area="" than="" there="" is.="" i="" also="" noticed="" skeleton="" tomb="" level="" where="" first="" meet="" cooks[="" spoiler]="" [spoiler]the="" "cursed="" axe"="" obtain="" early="" on="" (dam:6)="" is="" labeled="" "cursed".="" but="" doesn't="" seem="" give="" any="" penalties="" use?[="" spoiler]<="" span="">
    </west>

The axe you are referring to is The Murderers axe and from time to time the axe with damage YOU instead of the monster you are trying to hit with your character exclaiming something like "The axe hit me!!"
    #
    Yozz (guest) 10 years ago
    Anne said:
    Dolphinrcj said:
    I've started the Lost Island of Eione but it seems to stop in the middle. I found Rapakivi's eye and was given the quest to find Sblub the Smeba. I've searched the island several times over but cannot find Sblub, or Bobby or any underwater tunnels. Does version 0.900 end at Rapakivi?

Hi there Dolphinrcj! Sblub can be found on the island, but he's pretty well hidden. You should try searching through all the rocks near the abandoned campsite, just North East of the submarine. You can also press down control, if I remember correctly that might help you a bit. Did you find him now?

Hi, im in the same place and i have problem with this "Rock" i attack this, speek with this rock, but nothing happens... What to do next?

And second problem... where i can find "Magic Gate" where the treasure will appear ?
    #
    Anne 10 years ago
    Hi Yozz!

Yozz (guest) said:

Hi, im in the same place and i have problem with this "Rock" i attack this, speek with this rock, but nothing happens... What to do next?

The ancient "Rock" is in a very deep state of sleep. You need to find something that'll wake him up. Tip: Fire flowers are a real delicacy of his kind, and Fizz can help you to get one to bloom.

Yozz (guest) said:

And second problem... where i can find "Magic Gate" where the treasure will appear ?

Search in the North Western part of the Smithy, and look for two pillars (=narrow and high stone formations). When you find the pillars, walk right in between them, and remember to have the last treasure map letter with you when you do it. You'll make magic happen.

Got it?
    #
    nimraRepi (guest) 10 years ago
    Hi, the answer might be right in front of me, but I'm so confused right now. I'm trying to figure out how to actually enter the crypt (for the quest The Gem of Tsirch) but I have no idea where to look. The only thing I can think of is that the entrance to the crypt might have something to do with the glockenspiel, but I haven't found anything helpful there.
    #
    ville 10 years ago
    The trick is to advance the plot so the crypt opens. Talk with the Abbot, he'll tell you what to do next. You're most likely at the stage where you need to talk to Annie in the market square about William, and then to the silent monk in the monastery.
    #
    I already have Annie's letter, I have talked to the silent monk and William has been sent to the crypt. Even my character seems to know that the crypt is open since I can tell the abbot that "I have not found anything in the crypt". But I have no idea where the crypt even is xD and I have no indicator on the map. There seems to be some kind of "door" to the right of the glockenspiel, but it is closed.
    #
    Anne 10 years ago
    nimraRepi (guest) said:
    I already have Annie's letter, I have talked to the silent monk and William has been sent to the crypt. Even my character seems to know that the crypt is open since I can tell the abbot that "I have not found anything in the crypt". But I have no idea where the crypt even is xD and I have no indicator on the map. There seems to be some kind of "door" to the right of the glockenspiel, but it is closed.

Hi nimraRepi! Did you check from the world map yet? A new location called Crypt should have appeared there? When you open the minimap which works inside the current area (the one that allows you to speed jump), click on the world map icon, which should be located just South of the Market Place on the minimap. Did you find the new location now?
    #
    The world map, of course! I feel a bit silly now...

Thank you for your patience
    #
    Anne 10 years ago
    nimraRepi (guest) said:
    The world map, of course! I feel a bit silly now...

Thank you for your patience

No problem, glad to be of help!
    #
    E_net4 10 years ago
    Just thought of letting you know that I completely failed to find a link to the Driftmoon modding wiki from the website. I know the address, but I was expecting an easy way in. :eyeroll:
    Ouch, I thought I was posting on the Driftmoon subforum. Pardon me on that, doing all this in a mobile device is tough.

Edited 10 years ago
    #
    Timithy 10 years ago
    Hello

I did the great mistake of selling my diamond to anni before i completed the monastary. Now i can't buy the diamond back and i kinda need it at the docks..?

Did i miss something?

- Timithy
    #
    ville 10 years ago
    There's a spare lens for the lighthouse in the tunnels where the submarine is.
    #
    hJoe (guest) 10 years ago
    Hello all!

Is it intended beahviour that I have to hold and press left or right mousebutton to have my hero
    walking in that direction.
    Usually (in similar games) a single mouse click is sufficient.
    Holding the mouse button all the time while exploring all the areas is rather tedious and painful for me after a while I am afraid.

I like this game so much but this mouse button holding drives me nuts.
    Any help is higly appreciated (options? config file? anything?!)

THANKS.

Joe
    #
    Endymion 10 years ago
    Have you tried using wasd keys to move around? Also you might be able to make a mod that does what you want or just wait until Ville does something about it.
    #
    ville 10 years ago
    Driftmoon had that control model originally, but it was removed after playtesting showed that the current model was better suited for the game. But I admit that there are people who find it difficult, I understand that someone suffering from arthritis might even find it painful to keep a particularly stiff mouse button down for long periods. I'm probably not going to be able to do anything about it right now, but it's on my list for things to consider in a future version. Thanks for bringing the point up!
    Edited 10 years ago
    #
    hJoe (guest) 10 years ago
    Thank you for your kind explanation, Ville!

I'll now mix WASD movement with holding the mouse button to have little pauses of relief
    WASD alone is too much of a zigzag pattern movement, not really smooth enough but helps surely. This 'workaround' should keep me playing this fine gem.
    #
    Pencil Man (guest) 10 years ago
    I'm stuck at the fortress of Mors-Sarmeth trying to find Word/my Father. I've gotten in through the service entrance and picked up the frying pan. But as much as I explore, I find nothing beyond the maze after the bridge with the spiky roller, the glass tank, the statue shipment ledge, and the refrigerator. I've entered the snow-spitting entrance in the fridge. I've run my cursor over all the walls in every area, looking for secret doors. I've tried closing the fridge door to abide by the sign. I've moved the frozen Smeba and chest all around the fridge. I've tried blowing up a mana mine next to the glass tank. I've managed to get to all corners of the carpet room without being teleported, but didn't find anything there. I've completed all quests in all previous areas, picked up all objects and never dropped one. I'm truly stumped.

I am playing the fully-patched GoG version under Windows 8.
    #
    ville 10 years ago
    The way forward is through the fridge, you have to go North through the opening in the machine that makes the snow.
    #
    digitaldrz (guest) 10 years ago
    I know this should be standard, but I am not able to get through the revolving maze with the 12 switches. I get to within on door and cannot move.
    #
    ville 10 years ago
    Does this picture help you? If not, can you post a screenshot, or use the ingame feedback button to send us a screenshot of where you are stuck?
    #
    digitaldrz (guest) 10 years ago
    ville,
    Thanx. That did it. Spatial relations is a week spot of mine.
    #
    ville 10 years ago
    No problem, glad to hear you got through!
    #
    Forum » Driftmoon questions
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: