Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Notrium: Someone get me up to date

Notrium: Someone get me up to date

Guest (guest) 11 years ago
It was not long ago, amidst all the excitement of new games like Skyrim and The Force Unleashed when I discovered Notrium. I almost immediately fell in love with the game, and when I finally beat the original 5 times over, I wasn't satisfied. I learned about the Werivar mod and started playing that. Then I realised there were even more mods I had never seen before! Someone, please give me a list of the latest versions of each mod (including the Werivar mod as I am not sure if I have the latest version), and even better would be links. As well, someone please give me some short descriptions for each mod, I would really appreciate it, as I am addicted to the limit with this game!
#
TNN17 11 years ago
That's the best part of Notrium, it really is a timeless classic.

Anyway... Latest/Only Mods of note:

Werivar Expansion was made a few years back after Uberwaffe abandoned his project to be taken on by a strapping young fellow of excellent breeding. The W.E's got some advanced features and an extra player race over the standard Werivar mod, along with some bugfixes. It can be found, as with so many mods, on Harwe's Box Account. http://www.box.com/shared/uqmfikmoe6 unless otherwise noted, this is the same place to find all the following as well.

SOS is a short one, I believe it's hosted on the site, you're a cyborg trying to survive after your spaceship crashes. It has some neat effects on it, but it never got too far from what I recall.

Aleryon Betrayal took the Notrium engine and made it into a solid action game, kinda like a cross between Doom and Gauntlet for my money, or possibly Smash TV. It's got a lot of great features and last I recall is pretty long.

Wazzal II is a ship to ship combat game following on from the adventures of the Captain after he escaped from Notrium. It got pretty far in development if I recall, and had some sweet ship to ship combat.

Then there are two mods I know of in progress right now, you can probably find recent versions and more about these ones on the forums in their respective threads.

Planet Pandora - Its premise is pretty similar to S.O.S, your ship has crashed on a planet and you need to repair it. It's only in alpha right now, and INFERNUS hasn't updated or given any news for a bit, but hopefully we'll see something more from this soon.

And lastly there's Notrium F.M, this one's a remake of Default Notrium from scratch, with new scripting, items, weapons and features. So far there're only two characters - the Android and the Captain, and a few areas.
#
Thanks so much! I have the Werivar mod v1.07. Does that mean I download everything in the "Expansion" folder to update it? And is each file different (as in, I will need everything from one point up to the latest) or does the latest include all the previous changes?
#
TNN17 11 years ago
No worries, just download the latest version into its own folder and navigate to it as a distinct mod and you shouldn't have any problems. The mod on Harwe's box account should be the most recent available version.
#
Is the wazzal II final build the only one I need download for Wazzal II, along with it's 5.03 patch? And is the Aleryon Betrayal beta 11 the best mod for Aleryon Betrayal? As well, I'm interested in the final mix you're making, is it still open to suggestions? I'd love to contribute. My name from now on: ExcusXS
#
Is the wazzal II final build the only one I need download for Wazzal II, along with it's 5.03 patch? And is the Aleryon Betrayal beta 11 the best mod for Aleryon Betrayal? As well, I'm interested in the final mix you're making, is it still open to suggestions? I'd love to contribute. My name from now on: ExcusXS
#
TNN17 11 years ago
Because Notrium Mods are in the grand scheme of things "rather dinky", unless otherwise stated, a single version should contain all the necessary components for the game up to that point: A Data folder with:

AI
Animation
Areas
Bars
Climates
Creatures
Dialogs
Items
Journal
Light
Map
Music
Objects
Particles
Players
Plot Objects
Polygons
Scripts
Sides
Sounds
Terrain Maps
Terrain Types
Weapons

And a textures file with all the textures.

So long as these files are in place, it is a complete mod in its own right, and is the only version you need. So yeah, just grab the most recent.

Rarely you might find you're missing some files, or the textures, so just go back a few versions to nab them, but try not to overwrite any more recent files when you do so.
#
Forum » Notrium: Someone get me up to date

Your email:
Your name: