Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Where did you hear about Ville or his Games?
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Where did you hear about Ville or his Games?

ville_fan 19 years ago
    I have got Notrium from a Game Magazine.

Then more motivated from the GameTunnel 2003 Game of the Year Awards

If you choose "Other" option please post where.

If you choose non-"Other" option in the Poll posting more detail is appreciated.

Stickied by ZeXLR8er!! 24/05/04
    #
    superknijn 19 years ago
    I from Demo-files, sometimes they also post free games.
    #
    Eric 19 years ago
    I was bored and googling for free games. Notrium came up (some site, I don't remember where). After trying a few other games, I did a google for Notrium found the main site, and DL'ed it.

Lotsa fun!
    #
    Grim Reaper 19 years ago
    I got Notrium from a CD-rom, that came with a magazine.
    #
    Cerebret Brood 19 years ago
    what is this magazine? is it like igm (indie game magazine) or somthing?
    #
    superknijn 19 years ago
    every country has dozends of country-specific game-magazines, so i dont think he knows what you are saying.
    (in a matter of fact, i also dont...........)
    #
    Quanrian 19 years ago
    For future reference. If Notrium does appear in any articles in any magazines I'd appreciate it if you guys could scan the article for us so that every could see it. Especially me and Ville. If there are any really impressive fan sites for Notrium I'd love to know about that as well and I think that'd fit fairly well into the topic.
    #
    LunaticNeko 19 years ago
    I mistyped the url, I didn't even know how did I get here, make a (nearly dead) Notrium mod, befriend with people here.
    #
    Leego 19 years ago
    I must be the only person who voted "I heard iy from a friend"
    it was Arcade who told me me about the games I still can't download them
    #
    Duda 19 years ago
    ZeXLR8er 's signiture on another games site
    #
    ZeXLR8er 19 years ago
    Gee, that worked!!!
    #
    Arcade 19 years ago
    "Leego" said:
    I must be the only person who voted "I heard iy from a friend"
    it was Arcade

I told about Notrium to another one of my friends, expect maybe a new member coming!
    #
    OverTilt 19 years ago
    I was checking out Gamehippo, I think, when I came across Bikez II. At least that's what I think happened. I noticed that this Ville guy had some promise, even though I never quite got the hang of Bikez, so I checked out his website and kinda got sucked in. I fell out again for a while (don't know why, really) but I guess I'm sort of back now.
    #
    Eternal 19 years ago
    I remember getting bikez II aggggggggggggessss ago on a cd (from apc i think), but i didnt like it, so i didnt even bother coming to the website (well it was kinda hard to come here, i didnt know it existed ).
    #
    Crazy 19 years ago
    yeehaw, overtilts back. when i joined the forum, he had 75 posts. At that time it was a lot of posts for a "person who is new to the forum" (gee, i never liked that...)
    #
    dancingkirby 19 years ago
    I was bored and googling for free games. Notrium came up (some site, I don't remember where). After trying a few other games, I did a google for Notrium found the main site, and DL'ed it.

Ditto; I was searching for a shooter that didnt take a lot of hard drive space, and notrium came up. Although it wasn't mainly a shooter i got drawn in and here i am.
    #
    Idiota 19 years ago
    I got it from <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.megagames.com">http://www.megagames.com</a><!-- w --> in the freeware section.
    #
    Grim Reaper 19 years ago
    "Cerebret Brood" said:
    what is this magazine? is it like igm (indie game magazine) or somthing?

It's Mikrobitti, and it's really a computer magazine. I didn't answer your question until now, because I have visited this topic only one time before.
    #
    Casanova 19 years ago
    I found it at Home of the underdogs, great fun!
    #
    j2p2f2 19 years ago
    I found Notrium when I was looking for Madness Interactive mods. I went to a site and it redirected me here.
    #
    OverTilt 19 years ago
    "Crazy" said:
    yeehaw, overtilts back. when i joined the forum, he had 75 posts. At that time it was a lot of posts for a "person who is new to the forum" (gee, i never liked that...)

heh. Right.
    The "person who is new to the forum" designation was made because some rabbid new member hated being called a Newbie.
    #
    God of Nothing 19 years ago
    "j2p2f2" said:
    I found Notrium when I was looking for Madness Interactive mods. I went to a site and it redirected me here.
    me to
    #
    LastDay 19 years ago
    I heard about wazzal somewhere...or was it my cousin who told about it......?

anyway I googled for "wazzal" and found this page...

(edit so yeah by coming here for innfo on Wazzal I got my eyes on other games here and eventually tried them too.....
    #
    MageKing17 19 years ago
    I was at gamehippo and found Notrium listed as a new addition and said "hey, that looks like a cool game." I downloaded, played, got addicted, and here I am.

But it did take a while for me to get here, as it were, because I didn't bother coming to the site until I got Wazzal.
    #
    ForceUser 19 years ago
    Googling for games and I found Notrium and it sounded really fun.
    #
    Leego 19 years ago
    I actually heard about the forum before I heard about Ville or notrium ops:
    #
    Zombie 19 years ago
    How Zombie stumbled across Notrium, the basic storyline:

1) Zombie sits and fiddles with various programs on his computer.
    2) Zombie gets bored.
    5) Zombie forgets how to count.
    3) Zombie gets on google and starts looking for freeware games by typing in "freeware".
    4) Sifting through the stuff, Zombie realizes he has no idea what he is looking for!
    6) Zombie sits and ponders for a minute...
    7) Zombie remembers his favorite place, <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.the-underdogs.org">http://www.the-underdogs.org</a><!-- w -->
    Zombie wanders around <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.the-underdogs.org">http://www.the-underdogs.org</a><!-- w --> for a while, downloading interesting things.
    9) Zombie still can't find many interesting things so his brain shorts out.
    10) In a lapse of madness, Zombie types "survival" into the search box and hits enter.
    11) Zombie finds Notrium.
    12) Zombie downloads Notrium.
    14) Zombie visits Ville's site.
    13) Zombie plays Notrium.
    15) Zombie downloads all the rest of Ville's games.

The end!

[WARNING] Some numbers may be out of order, be sure to read them in CORRECT order, or the storyline may start to make sense!
    #
    Casanova 19 years ago
    Aye, the-underdogs is such a great site, too bad ville doesnt like abandonware.
    #
    ville 19 years ago
    But I like the-underdogs! It's one of the best.

But back to the matter at hand, I'd love to hear if you've read about my games in a magazine. I know we'd all appreciate if anyone could post a scan.
    #
    Eternal 19 years ago
    Well most of my mags go turned into "legs" from my brothers clothes thingy, but now hes overseas for like a year so I can try and get them out without making a hole in the floor.

EDIT: I got no scanner . Scratch that .
    #
    Zombie 19 years ago
    I didn't understand a word of what you just said.
    #
    Casanova 19 years ago
    He said that the magazines are stacked and used as a ladder.

And if you know the magazine and issue number that feature the article, chances are that that they keep scans of their older issues. Let me know wich ones and I'll see what i can find out.
    #
    the duke 19 years ago
    I played crimsonland (can't remember how I found that) and underdogged it, it said that notrium was similar so I tried it. (I think that's how it went.
    #
    iceman 19 years ago
    err i think i was typing 'free games' or somthing dumb into google lol
    #
    Idiota 19 years ago
    it was one of my most desperate times. I really needed a good game. went to megagames, searched in the freeware folder. Hey look Notrium, sounds like fun. read description and thinks: I'm an addict.
    #
    Forum » Where did you hear about Ville or his Games?
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: