Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Gravity

Gravity

void 19 years ago
Just curious about wazzal's gravity system. The AI don't seem affected by it, I've seen ships fly straight through the sun.

How did you go about programing the gravity and orbits of the planets?

I'm sort of asking you to reveal abit of your code Mohahahaaaahaaa
#
ville 19 years ago
It's what you find in the physics books, standard stuff. I don't actually remember the exact formula, but it should be easy enough to program.

The player is the only one affected by gravity because it is time consuming to calculate it, and the AI didn't learn to fly with gravity.
#
void 19 years ago
That does makes sense, it seems like it would be really hard to teach the AI to fly effected by gravity.

Would it be correct to assume that the reason you can't show any wazzal code is because you've got an agreement with people you've sold code to in the past?

I played Star control 2 and I finally realise why the camera on wazzal zooms in on the ship. It didn't work as well as it did in star control 2.
#
ville 19 years ago
"void24601" said:
Would it be correct to assume that the reason you can't show any wazzal code is because you've got an agreement with people you've sold code to in the past?

Correct. What's the point of selling licenses if you're going to give it free anyway?
#
void 19 years ago
Of curse but I'm talking about bits and pieces like a function that deals with calculating the gravity
#
ville 19 years ago
Oh, well there's really no function for it, it's just a variable in the physics engine. A force that pulls you towards the planet depending on how near you are. The Wazzal physics engine uses the objects movement energy vector as a base for calculations.
#
slinking_ferret 19 years ago
i see uhuh i understand (hey guys what the heck did he just say)
#
Click 19 years ago
"void" said:
I played Star control 2 and I finally realise why the camera on wazzal zooms in on the ship.(

Why?

Slinking Ferret: Void asked why the AI aren't affected be gravity (in Wazzal, not Notrium), and how Ville coded it...
#
Forum » Gravity

Your email:
Your name: