Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Got a great idea for a mod? Post it here!
  • « previous
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • » next
  • Got a great idea for a mod? Post it here!

    Anarion 9 years ago
    How many expansions to the Werivar mod do we need? I mean seriously, surely you can come up with a more original idea than simply re-hashing something thats already been done.
    #
    angus 9 years ago
    And yet, if.....
    I can't think of a good argument. I give up. You win. It's a sucky idea, but at least I presented it with good grammar and spelling.

    Well, in that case, how about a very original medieval style game which, as usual, is an RPG, with the choice of the usual three characters of the knight, the mage and the archer, which have different abilities.

    Story:
    To put it in a nutshell, an evil wizard teleported you to the middle of the western wild, where you have to get back to the city and defeat the evil wizard.

    Items:

    Three different types of sword (Knight Only)
    Three different types of bow (Archer Only)
    Three different types of staff (Mage Only)
    Four types of elemental infusion (Can be used by all, gives weapons and armor strange abilities
    eg. Fire Inf. + Knight sword = Boomerang sword, long range weapon.)
    Four different armors, light, medium, heavy and robe.

    Abilities

    Depending on the character, you would have typical abilities of each class, eg. Magic Arrow (Archer), Throw dagger (knight)
    or Elemental Blast (Mage)


    This may not be an original idea, however, it is an idea whose value is shown again and again in hundreds of games, from The Legend Of Zelda (Nes) to something like World Of Warcraft.

    Besides, I like these kind of games.
    #
    Anarion 9 years ago
    "angus" said:
    I can't think of a good argument. I give up. You win. It's a sucky idea, but at least I presented it with good grammar and spelling.
    That you did, full marks for that.

    "angus" said:
    Well, in that case, how about a very original medieval style game which, as usual, is an RPG, with the choice of the usual three characters of the knight, the mage and the archer, which have different abilities.

    Story:
    To put it in a nutshell, an evil wizard teleported you to the middle of the western wild, where you have to get back to the city and defeat the evil wizard.

    Items:

    Three different types of sword (Knight Only)
    Three different types of bow (Archer Only)
    Three different types of staff (Mage Only)
    Four types of elemental infusion (Can be used by all, gives weapons and armor strange abilities
    eg. Fire Inf. + Knight sword = Boomerang sword, long range weapon.)
    Four different armors, light, medium, heavy and robe.

    Abilities

    Depending on the character, you would have typical abilities of each class, eg. Magic Arrow (Archer), Throw dagger (knight)
    or Elemental Blast (Mage)


    This may not be an original idea, however, it is an idea whose value is shown again and again in hundreds of games, from The Legend Of Zelda (Nes) to something like World Of Warcraft.

    Besides, I like these kind of games.
    Now thats a much better idea. See? That wasn't so hard now was it?
    #
    harwe 9 years ago
    OOOOO sci-fi game turned into a medival fantasy game..... OOOO
    #
    Anonymous1157 9 years ago
    That's a good idea, but there's one small problem. What if the archer was being attacked by melee enemies? Bows are inefficient at short range, you know.
    #
    harwe 9 years ago
    I gots a challenge, CATAPULT!!!

    its a snipe but only hits where u aim cuz it would be unrealistiic if you can hit all the enemies when the..... thing..... is in the air and has a blast radius.......

    Its just adding on to that idea
    #
    Redemption 9 years ago
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    That's a good idea, but there's one small problem. What if the archer was being attacked by melee enemies? Bows are inefficient at short range, you know.
    A nice whack on the head with the bow would work. (Can be done with a quick middle click)
    #
    Grim Reaper 9 years ago
    "harwe" said:
    I gots a challenge, CATAPULT!!!

    its a snipe but only hits where u aim cuz it would be unrealistiic if you can hit all the enemies when the..... thing..... is in the air and has a blast radius.......

    Its just adding on to that idea
    Creature that has two firemodes, "Fire" and "Idle", and defaults to "Idle". When it changes to "Fire", it launches a creature (the boulder), waits for a time, and reverts back to "Idle". The boulder would at first be at the tree layer, moving on the set path. After a while, a creature that looks exactly the same and is placed at the ground level will replace the first one. The new creature will also kill anything small enough to be crushed by it, and it could be made to disappear after a while of being put (bumping into larger creatures would knock the said creatures away from the boulder, slow the boulder down and remove some HP from the knocked-back creature), or if we aim for realism, they'll all stay put (i.e. turn into pick-up-able plot objects) once fully stopped, and will be reusable (using the catapult might require you to have a boulder in your inventory, and it could be so heavy that you wouldn't be able to carry more than one at a time.
    #
    Anarion 9 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    (using the catapult might require you to have a boulder in your inventory, and it could be so heavy that you wouldn't be able to carry more than one at a time.
    Except that would mean you would launch the rock then have to chase after it to retrieve it and fire again. Annoying.
    #
    Grim Reaper 9 years ago
    "Anarion" said:
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    (using the catapult might require you to have a boulder in your inventory, and it could be so heavy that you wouldn't be able to carry more than one at a time.
    Except that would mean you would launch the rock then have to chase after it to retrieve it and fire again. Annoying.
    OR you could possibly "mine" more boulders from a mountain or something.
    #
    harwe 9 years ago
    Put 100 pebbles together
    #
    Anonymous1157 9 years ago
    You could stockpile it next to the catapult like they did in real life.
    #
    angus 9 years ago
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    That's a good idea, but there's one small problem. What if the archer was being attacked by melee enemies? Bows are inefficient at short range, you know.

    Now, this is where the (Less powerful, but still useful) long knife comes in. Each player type would get a long range weapon and a short range weapon, like a bow (make ammo out of sticks and stuff) and a long knife.

    I'll give this a shot myself when I can.
    #
    spiritfire 9 years ago
    ok boys is cool kill monsters and bugs, going variation ok, make friendes and, system of buy, sell, and trede, make game of ships vessel or the sail, pirates into ship use sword and pluder , sorry me is idea, hey you have mod forsaken? sende me please <!-- e --><a href="mailto:babogame@hotmail.com">babogame@hotmail.com</a><!-- e -->
    #
    Grim Reaper 9 years ago
    "spiritfire" said:
    ok boys is cool kill monsters and bugs, going variation ok, make friendes and, system of buy, sell, and trede, make game of ships vessel or the sail, pirates into ship use sword and pluder , sorry me is idea, hey you have mod forsaken? sende me please <!-- e --><a href="mailto:babogame@hotmail.com">babogame@hotmail.com</a><!-- e -->
    I'm looking at the book "Rules of English Grammatics & Such", and so far I haven't seen a single linguistic rule you HAVEN'T broken...
    #
    E_net4 9 years ago
    He's being sarcastic, by the way!
    #
    Grim Reaper 9 years ago
    "E_net4" said:
    He's being sarcastic, by the way!
    I wish I was.
    #
    Anarion 9 years ago
    "spiritfire" said:
    ok boys is cool kill monsters and bugs, going variation ok, make friendes and, system of buy, sell, and trede, make game of ships vessel or the sail, pirates into ship use sword and pluder , sorry me is idea, hey you have mod forsaken? sende me please <!-- e --><a href="mailto:babogame@hotmail.com">babogame@hotmail.com</a><!-- e -->
    Good Grief! That is the worst example of english I have ever seen! I've seen internet translators do a better job.

    Anyone know what he's asking?
    #
    Amarth 9 years ago
    "Anarion" said:
    Anyone know what he's asking?
    I'll bite.
    "spiritfire" said:
    ok boys is cool
    Hello, I have an idea here for a mod, it's cool (I kinda suppose it's multiple ideas for multiple mods, though)
    kill monsters and bugs,
    You should be able to kill monsters and bugs (I presume the Starship Trooper variety)
    going variation ok,
    (no idea on that one)
    make friendes
    You should be able to make friends (I suppose he's talking about allies)
    and, system of buy, sell, and trede,
    There has to be an ingame economy and a way to sell your loot and buy other things.
    make game of ships vessel or the sail,
    There have to be ships in the game.
    pirates into ship use sword and pluder ,
    There are also pirates on ships who use sword and who plunder
    sorry me is idea,
    Sorry for having these ideas, I'll never do it again
    hey you have mod forsaken? sende me please <!-- e --><a href="mailto:babogame@hotmail.com">babogame@hotmail.com</a><!-- e -->
    Also, I like spam.
    #
    zerocoal 9 years ago
    woohoo if your having a bad day just come to monkkonen and you wont be feeling bad anymore
    #
    harwe 9 years ago
    ummmmmmmmmm








    no.
    #
    Crazy 9 years ago
    "zerocoal" said:
    woohoo if your having a bad day just come to monkkonen and you wont be feeling bad anymore
    Yeah, unless yer the the butt of the joke.
    #
    zerocoal 9 years ago
    well somebody is the butt of the joke at least once a day unless they dont post for a week to be safe
    #
    harwe 9 years ago
    "zerocoal" said:
    well somebody is the butt of the joke at least once a day unless they dont post for a week to be safe

    no, that was to bump up your post counts
    #
    zerocoal 9 years ago
    dont care about my post count, i just like to see what people say ^_^
    #
    Bloodlust 9 years ago
    Name The last Bloodrunner
    Requirements This mod requires; The Bloodrunner, The Slayer, Weapons, and Vehicles for the humans.
    Theme You are either the last Bloodrunner or the Slayer "Aeres" (air-eese). If you are the Bloodrunner you try to survive, kill who you want, eat what you kill, or smiply stay in the dark. As you evolve you can control your powers and can morph into a human. As the Slayer you need to find and hunt down the last Bloodrunner.
    Edited Contribution I can give you support! YAY!
    Items
    The Bloodrunner's Claws = Start, do more damage when the Bloodrunner evolves.
    The Slayers Spear = Start, it is melee do not make him throw it.
    Random Weapons = Present day weapons please and some futuristic, random melee.
    Story (See Theme)[/b]
    #
    Anonymous1157 9 years ago
    I'm sorry, but if you "Simply can't mod", it won't happen. I'm not trying to seem evil, but the use of this thread for actual ideas died down a long time ago.

    Feel free to post ideas just to come back later and realize it isn't that hard to do, though.
    #
    Valor 9 years ago
    "harwe" said:
    yawn....... isnt it umm... near impossible to do since most of the mods as disappeared???? oh and you shouldnt say its the last expansion, people would still mod any mods even if its last one.... itll end up like FINAL FINAL FINAL last Werivar Expansion!

    Exactly like Final Fantasy. They're up to... what, the twelfth final fantasy?
    #
    Bloodlust 9 years ago
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    I'm sorry, but if you "Simply can't mod", it won't happen. I'm not trying to seem evil, but the use of this thread for actual ideas died down a long time ago.

    Feel free to post ideas just to come back later and realize it isn't that hard to do, though.

    Meh, what do I care, I can't even get a single mod . I guess normal Notrium is what im going to play... *sigh*.
    #
    Crazy 9 years ago
    Or Werivar. That should be rather freely available.

    Or you could always become a modder yourself. It's not that difficult, really.
    #
    Anonymous1157 9 years ago
    Even though Crazy never really got into modding that much, he's right. It ISN'T hard at all. The hardest part is graphics, even for me. And I draw with mice real well.
    #
    Bloodlust 9 years ago
    I'VE TRIED TO MOD! It doesn't come out right... .


    Or Werivar. That should be rather freely available.

    Or you could always become a modder yourself. It's not that difficult, really.
    Werviar is the mod i try to get . I'M HELPLESS .
    #
    Anonymous1157 9 years ago
    AAAAA! Bright colors! *Eyes melt*

    If you want Werivar, I can give it to you. I've actually got a gazillion mods in a self-extracting EXE that would be easy to download if it wasn't so big that it didn't fit anywhere.

    ...

    That's actually an ingenious idea!
    #
    Valor 9 years ago
    ...how big's that EXE?
    #
    harwe 9 years ago
    *points to my sig.....*
    #
    Forum » Got a great idea for a mod? Post it here!
  • « previous
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • » next
  • Post Reply


    Your email:
    Your name: