Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Most useless item
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Most useless item

LunaticNeko 19 years ago
    well, I think I'm plain useles... No, I think pebbles with no shotgun are.
    #
    muffinman 19 years ago
    The only reason WHY people hate human is probably because its weapon is punching. But laser pistol and pulse laser sucks alot.
    #
    Idiota 19 years ago
    The reason why I hate human AND android, is because I NEVER find ANYTHING usefull. The game nearly forces me to enter the hive almost instantly, armed with only a pebble shotgun and 20 pebbles. What I also do not like is the slow moving. The alien is just as fast as I want, enabling me to dodge bullets with feral rage turned on (and sometimes without!! )
    #
    Marevix 19 years ago
    @ Idiota;
    Play my mod and you won't have that problem.
    #
    Murska 19 years ago
    I don't like him, as I have to worry about gathering stuff AND food, energy, hunger and temperature. If someone would add an thirst bar, I would delete human from player list. With alien, it is just fun to play with some goals in mind.

And with psionic, HEY I SAID IN TAKING MISSILE BASE? WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU GET AN ITEM WITH MINUS WEIGHT?
    And token? Ok, I did not know that...
    Can anybody PM me the token, I have completed all dreamscapes with my psionic...
    #
    MageKing17 19 years ago
    I wasn't referring to the Anti-grav devices in my post.
    #
    Quanrian 19 years ago
    "Thaimodz" said:
    well, I think I'm plain useles... No, I think pebbles with no shotgun are.

This among other things were done more or less for practical reasons. Imagine you facing down an alien with razor sharp and wow you've got some pebbles. At the most you might stun, and you'll probably piss it off. I know everybody expects everything to be a weapon of sweeping death, but in reality that just isn't so and weapons like the pulse laser which was created eons ago simply to demonstrate a new feature have always been incredibly cheesy and should be looked at as the exception, not the rule.

Alot of the little extra stuff like melee attacks were simply added to provide variety. Besides there is always going to be those people who decide they want to kill EVERYTHING with pebbles or at least try Many of the things that I see about something being useless though is simply in the manner that 'individual' makes use of it Even just pebbles in the beginning can be life savers for their brief stun and range. Nothing however short of automatic weapons it seems helps you much in the Hive.
    #
    MageKing17 19 years ago
    Not true. I once got through the hive with no weapons except for 13 pebbles and took no damage (the secret: Run like the wind).
    #
    HarmlessHermit 19 years ago
    I think Quanrian meant to actually kill things in the Hive and survive a long time. Anybody can get lucky and run past without taking any damage at all.
    #
    Idiota 19 years ago
    radiator works fine if you want to get out untouched and still leave a trail of death behind.
    #
    MageKing17 19 years ago
    "HarmlessHermit" said:
    Anybody can get lucky and run past without taking any damage at all.
    Lucky? Lucky? That's it, I'm taping it next time.

"HarmlessHermit" said:
    I think Quanrian meant to actually kill things in the Hive and survive a long time
    Ah. That would indeed require some heavy weaponry. But I was disagreeing that you needed weapons to SURVIVE in the hive.
    #
    Xeblit 17 years ago
    I'm going to take the high-road and say those Darts that you can make with Firewood and blue alien queens are useless. Completely useless.

"Oh noez! A Ville Corp Laser person is coming my way!"
    /throws dart
    MISS
    /Throws dart
    MISS
    /Throws dart
    Success!
    "Hah... um, let's see... Guard mode... attack mode... guard mode... atta..."
    /BZZZZZZEW!!!!!!!

... Load game.
    #
    harwe 17 years ago
    you suck with em
    #
    Pete 17 years ago
    *raises eyebrow*
    Darts? There are darts?
    #
    Crazy 17 years ago
    Yes. Yes, there are. No. No, i haven't used them.

In fact, i haven't played anything but alien and psionic since 1.1 or something.
    #
    harwe 17 years ago
    "Pete" said:
    *raises eyebrow*
    Darts? There are darts?
    umm i think kill blue alien queen and use corpse with wooden sticks to make darts.... i think
    #
    Xeblit 17 years ago
    "harwe" said:
    you suck with em

Hehe, Agreed
    Still, Seems like a waste of an Alien queen though : (
    #
    ahrenjb 17 years ago
    While playing as Android, health packs.

Overall, firewood. Never used it.
    #
    zerocoal 17 years ago
    "ahrenjb" said:
    While playing as Android, health packs.

sand when your psionic! it gets you killed more than it helps.. until you get your void token anyway. firewood is pretty important though unless your playing on easy.. then again, you only really need it if your alien for your nest... theres enough fires scattered around that you wont ever need wood
    #
    harwe 17 years ago
    actually sand is the most useful item as a psionic whne you make psionic allies with them
    #
    zerocoal 17 years ago
    yeah i know thats why i said until you get your void token
    #
    E_net4 17 years ago
    Also, firewoods are not that useless, as they're used to make nests.
    #
    Anonymous1157 17 years ago
    "E_net4" said:
    "zerocoal" said:
    firewood is pretty important though unless your playing on easy.. then again, you only really need it if your alien for your nest...
    #
    ahrenjb 17 years ago
    I don't like playing as Alien. The inability to wield weapons is like a pain in my side.

"LOOK! All the parts to build a warp gun, mysteriously laying in one place! *Pick up, combining* OK, *Press E* Claws. *Press E* Claws. *Press E* Claws. *Drop Warp Gun* Lame."
    #
    E_net4 17 years ago
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    "E_net4" said:
    "zerocoal" said:
    firewood is pretty important though unless your playing on easy.. then again, you only really need it if your alien for your nest...
    "ahrenjb" said:
    2X
    #
    zerocoal 17 years ago
    "E_net4" said:

already said it
    #
    E_net4 17 years ago
    "zerocoal" said:
    already said it
    So?

"E_net4" said:
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    "E_net4" said:
    "zerocoal" said:
    "ahrenjb" said:
    4X
    #
    Solus Lupus 17 years ago
    pebbles, without the gun. or SAND I HATE THE STUFF!!!!

By the way it is easly possible to take the hive with non-auto weapons. I took the place with just the shotgun and ALOT of ammo.
    #
    Tehan 16 years ago
    Well, the fixed escape pod is the most useless item if you don't want that ending XD.
    #
    MageKing17 16 years ago
    "Solus Lupus" said:
    pebbles, without the gun. or SAND I HATE THE STUFF!!!!

By the way it is easly possible to take the hive with non-auto weapons. I took the place with just the shotgun and ALOT of ammo.
    Technically, all weapons in default are automatic, aren't they?
    #
    major_sephiroth 16 years ago
    Go Mageking, and no item is useless, but there is one that must be in the game but it is otherwise useless. Fire Extinguisher.
    #
    Anonymous1157 16 years ago
    "major_sephiroth" said:
    Go Mageking, and no item is useless, but there is one that must be in the game but it is otherwise useless. Fire Extinguisher.
    Sorry, but the fire extinguisher is VERY useful. If you corner an enemy and shoot the fire extinguisher, they'll fly through the wall. If you run out of ammo for all other weapons, it's a better fallback weapon than the fist since you don't need to use melee attacks. The only ammo it uses is a hundred instances of itself.
    #
    harwe 16 years ago
    plus.... how the hell are u supposed to gget out of the escape pod without it?
    #
    Grim Reaper 16 years ago
    "harwe" said:
    plus.... how the hell are u supposed to gget out of the escape pod without it?
    He was talking about how useless it becomes AFTER the escape pod episode.
    #
    major_sephiroth 16 years ago
    I normally drop it in the escape pod as I use alternatives:
    Human: Tazer. Stuns enemies to run away, or Laser Pistol once I've been to missile base for more then one guy.
    Android: Same, but I collect the robot wreckage from missile base.
    Alien: Claws and his speed.
    Psionic: Stupid as it may sound I normally have Psionic dash equipped so I can run.

Yes I'd rather run then fight, unless I'm well armed. (Rapid Fire or VC Pistol and carrying a turret around for those Dire Reapers in Werivar)
    #
    Forum » Most useless item
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: