Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Most useless item
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Most useless item

MageKing17 16 years ago
    "major_sephiroth" said:
    Psionic: Stupid as it may sound I normally have Psionic dash equipped so I can run.
    Really? I just make Blast and Dash and switch between them.
    #
    themados 16 years ago
    sand can be an [censored] but as psionic if you get it it isn't the end before you get anti grav you could dash it works even with overburden
    #
    Corum 15 years ago
    After the introduction (when you quit the escape pod) the most useless item is clearly the fire extinguisher.

Some other things like the fuel converters would be quite useless, if they weren't components of the important energy units (which can be found in other ways).

Maybe there is still one thing really useless: The hover bike. Its components are too rare and too useful to be used for an ether consuming bike which cannot even pass the lava in the middle of the hive without harm.
    #
    themados 15 years ago
    but it is usefull if you are over burdened because it literally gives you -infinite weight you drive it tho i am not entirely certain about that
    #
    E_net4 15 years ago
    I must also disagree with your opinion, as they are valuable objects. It was mentioned before that the fire extinguisher can knock off enemies from a short distance. Also, the Hoverbike is really useful, specially for slow races, such as the human.
    #
    Nocture17 15 years ago
    Hmm....

The Metal Tube is the most useless basic item. It is used for a single combination to create a one hundred percent optional, and largely useless item in itself, the looking glass.
    For non-basic ingredient.... The long range scanner. It doesn't take long enough to get from one side of the map to the other in order to actually look yourself to justify the time and energy spent making, equipping and maintaining the item.
    #
    Corum 15 years ago
    Oh yes. You are right. The long range scanner itself is maybe the most useless item, but its components are not.

The anti-gravity devices are very very useful, quite more useful than the hoverbike, since with a loss of weight you gain, you gain speed permanently and for free. That was what I was mainly talking about when I said that the hoverbike is useless.
    Since it needs ether as fuel you can't use it all over the time and it's not good for passing the lava in the middle of the hive.

Is the metal tube really real? I thought it was a legend. I never found it. I look in the older threads where it might be and I suppose it's in the Dried March respectively "the gorge" as it was called before. Although this area isn't big, I couldn't found the metal tube in there. Where is it?
    #
    E_net4 15 years ago
    The metal tube is: Ng gur qevrq znefu, haqre n gerr, juvpu vf nebhaq gur pragre bs gur znc. (rot13)
    #
    Corum 15 years ago
    Cthulhu fhtagn?
    #
    MageKing17 15 years ago
    Nysyrag lahhek be rosh.
    #
    Corum 15 years ago
    Answer me in English, please. Then I'm able to understand it better.
    #
    E_net4 15 years ago
    <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rot13">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rot13</a><!-- m -->
    It was English. :/
    #
    MageKing17 15 years ago
    Of course, my reply wasn't in English, but then, my reply was irrelevant.
    #
    Corum 15 years ago
    Thank you. So much encoding work just for me. That's nice of you.
    #
    Corum 15 years ago
    I have found there already many useful things like some broken turrets or a powered accelerator, but never the metal tube.
    I suppose it cannot be found by the modded subspace radio, right?
    #
    E_net4 15 years ago
    Sheesh! Get my ROT###! program to decode the text.
    #
    Corum 15 years ago
    I decoded your answer by hand and I understood it and I told you what I've found there. Perhaps, I will try again.
    #
    Corum 15 years ago
    Now I am disappointed. I know how to walk throught a finite number of points and I didn't find anything new.
    Could you specify the location more precisely (east, west, south, north), please?
    I play Notrium 1.341, not the werivar mod.
    #
    E_net4 15 years ago
    The Werivar mod didn't change its position so much, IMO. Also, the map where the metal tube rests is small.

Also, why did you decode by hand if I just gave you a link to my program?

Final note: You should avoid double-posting. You just have to edit your last post.
    #
    Corum 15 years ago
    No, you understood me wrong. I decoded it BEFORE you published the link to your program.
    I can only try again to find it, but there is just... I should have found it already.
    #
    Anarion 15 years ago
    "E_net4" said:
    Sheesh! Get my ROT###! program to decode the text.
    ....or just use one of the numerous online ones.
    #
    michael15286 15 years ago
    I thing that the wooden stick would be the most useless, as there are usually fires in most areas, and it takes up energy.
    After that, would be sand, as it's not only useless, but annoying. But the sandbags are pretty fun...
    #
    doomex 15 years ago
    Most useless items for

Human: metal tube
    Android: Health pack
    Alien: All the stuff that only humans/Androids can use (armor, guns, etc.)
    Psionic: Well... Pretty much every item would be useless
    #
    E_net4 15 years ago
    "doomex" said:
    Human: metal tube
    It becomes useful if you, um, pbzovar vg jvgu n tynff zneoyr.
    "doomex" said:
    Psionic: Well... Pretty much every item would be useless
    There's a psionic ability for gaining strengh. This means the psionic can still use some objects, like health packs.
    #
    spoons 15 years ago
    Though some may use it the omni-directional light is pretty useless in my opinion. because you start with a flashlight and by the time youve gotten a welding torch, sand, and a diode you probably should have the goggles. plus i usually don't move much during the night.
    #
    E_net4 15 years ago
    "spoons" said:
    plus i usually don't move much during the night.
    Moving during the night becomes more important at higher levels, if you're not resistant to temperature. You'll freeze and get burned that way.
    #
    spoons 15 years ago
    "E_net4" said:
    "spoons" said:
    plus i usually don't move much during the night.
    Moving during the night becomes more important at higher levels, if you're not resistant to temperature. You'll freeze and get burned that way.

Well for one i Never play on easy and during the night i always make sure to have a fire, a tree and or lotts of icepacks.
    one of the first things i do once i've gotten my bearings is i construct a force field generator so during the night i'm either building things or maintaining food levels. and if your going to correct me at least put one of those funny smilies afterwards to make me feel better... <--- theese'll do
    #
    E_net4 15 years ago
    "spoons" said:
    and if your going to correct me at least put one of those funny smilies afterwards to make me feel better... <--- theese'll do
    Not that I wouldn't like to make you feel better, but I didn't really feel like using smilies. It's not to be taken personally, anyway.
    #
    Starioshka 14 years ago
    psionic can use sand pretty good:
    Ally (Mystery6+Liquid). Creates Sand Golem (needs 12 sand, 10 pebbles, 3 life containers) that fights on your side.
    #
    Zankman 14 years ago
    Every race specific item is useless for a race that cant' use it...
    Specifically: Sand? Hmm... There is a point to it, but still, I don't like the tazor.
    #
    E_net4 14 years ago
    "Zankman" said:
    but still, I don't like the tazor.
    You can [ROT13]pbzovar vg jvgu n jnec pbvy[/ROT13] to get a strong weapon out of it. And it's also a step for [ROT13]znxvat n jnec qevyy[/ROT13] in Werivar.

It's also useful in a "run away" strat.
    #
    seddo111 14 years ago
    i dont think sand is usless, because you can make barriers lol
    but for humans, definatley the battery
    #
    Pete 14 years ago
    "seddo111" said:
    i dont think sand is usless, because you can make barriers lol
    but for humans, definatley the battery
    Repair units.
    #