Register
Email: Password:
Forum » driftmoon multiplayer?

driftmoon multiplayer?

Forte226 11 years ago
isthere any chance that drift moon could be multiplayer so you could play the adventure with your freinds?
#
ville 11 years ago
A cooperative mode? I've always loved to play RPG's in co-op mode, so it's not out of the question, but it's probably impossible to add at this point. Maybe in a sequel...
#
Forte226 11 years ago
yay
#
Guest325 (guest) 11 years ago
Didn't Driftmoon come to be by you abandoning a multiplayer game because incorporating multiplayer was too hard, or something like that?
#
MageKing17 11 years ago
Guest325 (guest) said:
Didn't Driftmoon come to be by you abandoning a multiplayer game because incorporating multiplayer was too hard, or something like that?
No, as far as I know the networking code wasn't the reason Cormoon and Driftmoon became separate projects; in fact, as far as I can remember, the Cormoon tech demos had multiplayer, there just wasn't much to do with it.
#
ville 11 years ago
Indeed, the engine used to have networking capabilities. But they were abandoned when the game engine was turned into a single player version. Technical issues aside, Driftmoon's game mechanics aren't tuned for multiplayer. The very fact that the game pauses when you speak with someone is a problem in itself. Or the inventory pause. But as always, if there is enough interest, the sequel might have multiplayer. And I know there are many people eager to see Notrium as a multiplayer game.
#
MageKing17 11 years ago
ville said:
But as always, if there is enough interest, the sequel might have multiplayer. And I know there are many people eager to see Notrium as a multiplayer game.
We'll get Notrium 2 before Driftmoon 2, right?
#
ville 11 years ago
MageKing17 said:
We'll get Notrium 2 before Driftmoon 2, right?

I'm hoping yes. We already have lots of great ideas for it!
#
Forte226 11 years ago
a nortrium 2 sweet
#
Forum » driftmoon multiplayer?

Your email:
Your name: