Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Welcome to the new forum
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Welcome to the new forum

Grim Reaper 12 years ago
    If E_net4's report on thread page creation is correct, this should be the first post on the second page (unless someone else posted after Narvius' fourthing whilst I was typing this up).

Also, I've not been logged off whilst using www.instantkingdom.com/forum (forum.instantkingdom.com/forum began throwing Google 404 thing when the new forums were first set up).
    #
    Amarth 12 years ago
    It seems the first post on the second page, yes, and everything seems to be working correct for me..

Only half unrelated pet peeve: if user A is writing a post, and user B posts in the thread while he is writing (aka A is ninja'd), user A should be notified and given the opportunity to adjust his post.
    It's seriously annoying to not notice this and you might look all sorts of silly. Probably worse, you might just miss some posts.
    #
    SpeedBlade (guest) 12 years ago
    I don't quite remember the e-mail address I used to sign up half a decade ago... D:
    #
    Narvius 12 years ago
    Also, Grim's remark about www.ins... instead of forum.ins... confirmed on this side.

[Edit]
    Or not. Balls.

[Edittwo]
    Ville: Editing timestamps on posts, please. That might prevent some confusion in the future.
    Possibly also how many times the post was edited.
    Or just generally any sign whatsoever that the post was tinkered with.
    #
    MageKing17 12 years ago
    Narvius said:
    [Edittwo]
    Ville: Editing timestamps on posts, please. That might prevent some confusion in the future.
    Possibly also how many times the post was edited.
    Or just generally any sign whatsoever that the post was tinkered with.
    Ditto. I miss the "this post was edited N times, last time on Month Day, Year" message.
    #
    Narvius 12 years ago
    (uhm. Deleted. Post deletion?)
    #
    ville 12 years ago
    SpeedBlade (guest) said:
    I don't quite remember the e-mail address I used to sign up half a decade ago... D:
    Your email is speedblade@adelphia.net
    I can change that if you're not using it anymore.
    #
    ville 12 years ago
    I might add the edited at date if I have time.

So you're all being logged out? I'd definitely like to fix that. Testing on Firefox, it seems to log me out constantly. You all using that?
    #
    MageKing17 12 years ago
    ville said:
    So you're all being logged out? I'd definitely like to fix that. Testing on Firefox, it seems to log me out constantly. You all using that?
    I am using Firefox. Could be it's not saving the cookie for some reason... let me check my settings.

Nope, it's set to remember, and I have cookies for instantkingdom.com.
    #
    Narvius 12 years ago
    Affirmative here. Firefox 6.0.1.

Also, thanks.
    #
    MageKing17 12 years ago
    Narvius said:
    Affirmative here. Firefox 6.0.1.
    I'm using the Firefox 7.0 beta, but I'm pretty sure it happens in every version of Firefox.
    #
    ville 12 years ago
    Now I got it, it wasn't logging me out simply because I was logged in to gmail at the time, and app engine somehow uses the google login for sessions as well. Now it should work properly.
    #
    MageKing17 12 years ago
    ville said:
    Now I got it, it wasn't logging me out simply because I was logged in to gmail at the time, and app engine somehow uses the google login for sessions as well. Now it should work properly.
    Heh. Glad you got that sorted out.

Also explains one time it didn't log me out... my gmail inbox was open in the other tab.
    #
    Anne 12 years ago
    Yahoo, another problem solved! And I'm glad to report that the forum is easily usable & readable with a Motoroly Defy (the almost childproof model).
    #
    MageKing17 12 years ago
    Anne said:
    Yahoo, another problem solved! And I'm glad to report that the forum is easily usable & readable with a Motoroly Defy (the almost childproof model).
    "Almost childproof"? Sounds like you have first-hand experience.

I wonder how the forum shows up on a Kindle...
    #
    Anne 12 years ago
    MageKing17 said:
    "Almost childproof"? Sounds like you have first-hand experience.

We'll have to get back to the subject in a few months, and I'll most likely have some unfortunate proof of the "almost" in that phrase. With the current speed of our duo, it's hard to imagine that my Defy could actually defy them.
    #
    speedblade 12 years ago
    ville said:
    SpeedBlade (guest) said:
    Your email is speedblade@adelphia.net
    I can change that if you're not using it anymore.
    If you would please ... I attempted to find a way to do it myself, but, as probably anticipated, to no avail.

speedbladers@yahoo.com

Edit: Is it also possible to capitalize my name to SpeedBlade? :S
    #
    Grim Reaper 12 years ago
    Lack of "new PM" button in the PM screen is a bit odd.
    #
    ville 12 years ago
    speedblade said:
    If you would please ... I attempted to find a way to do it myself, but, as probably anticipated, to no avail.

speedbladers@yahoo.com

Edit: Is it also possible to capitalize my name to SpeedBlade? :S
    Done! You can log in with the new email now. The capitalization won't take effect to old posts, but it'll show up in new posts.
    #
    ville 12 years ago
    Grim Reaper said:
    You mean send PM to a named user? I'll add that on my todo. If I remember, the old forum allowed you to search for a user, right?
    #
    Grim Reaper 12 years ago
    ville said:
    Grim Reaper said:
    You mean send PM to a named user? I'll add that on my todo. If I remember, the old forum allowed you to search for a user, right?
    I think so, yes.
    #
    SpeedBlade 12 years ago
    Yay! Thank you Ville! ^_^
    #
    MageKing17 12 years ago
    ville said:
    Grim Reaper said:
    It did; of course, that was made slightly easier by the ability to browse the memberlist yourself. Right now, it looks like people don't have profile pages. Still, searching for usernames shouldn't be that hard.
    #
    ville 12 years ago
    A members page for logged in users shouldn't be hard. Right now I think I'll focus on reducing the automated spam problem. The simplest solutions work best for small forums, asking a question or something. Just need to figure a way for it to remember which question I asked...
    #
    Grim Reaper 12 years ago
    ville said:
    A members page for logged in users shouldn't be hard. Right now I think I'll focus on reducing the automated spam problem. The simplest solutions work best for small forums, asking a question or something. Just need to figure a way for it to remember which question I asked...
    Might I suggest this question: "What is the difference between a humanistic, monastic system of belief in which wisdom is sought by means of an apparently nonsensical system of questions and answers, and a lot of mystic gibberish made up on the spur of the moment?"

(the answer to which is, of course, "a fish")
    #
    Anonymous1157 12 years ago
    Grim Reaper said:
    Might I suggest this question: "What is the difference between a humanistic, monastic system of belief in which wisdom is sought by means of an apparently nonsensical system of questions and answers, and a lot of mystic gibberish made up on the spur of the moment?"

I wouldn't know the answer to that one if you hadn't said it. No worky.
    #
    Grim Reaper 12 years ago
    Anonymous1157 said:
    Grim Reaper said:

I wouldn't know the answer to that one if you hadn't said it. No worky.
    Just have it visible on the side. The point is that the bots wouldn't know to look for the answer!
    #
    MageKing17 12 years ago
    I request the ability to edit the title of a thread. Otherwise, the TPoD topic is totally inaccurate!

Well, okay, not totally, as TPoD11 didn't go away... but still.
    #
    ville 12 years ago
    Request granted! It'll have to wait until I need a break from Driftmoon. We're adding a lot of new monsters types right now, and that's fun! I'll let you know when it's completed.
    #
    MageKing17 12 years ago
    ville said:
    We're adding a lot of new monsters types right now
    #
    Areetsa 12 years ago
    Only problem I can see is that attachments don't seem to work. Other than that, I've been using a site with a very similar layout for a long time, so I've got a certain degree of familiarity with this sort of arrangement.
    #
    ville 12 years ago
    At the moment I'm not planning attachment support, except perhaps for images at some point.
    #
    NeoGangster 12 years ago
    will sub forums be back some day?
    #
    Narvius 12 years ago
    We decided we don't need them.
    #
    Anne 12 years ago
    I've actually noticed that this new approach seems quite convenient, for me at least. It's easy to spot where the action's been. It does demand a little thought, when naming new topics, but I trust we'll be able to cope with the challenge.
    #
    Forum » Welcome to the new forum
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: