Forum » Testing Topic :)
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Testing Topic :)

Anne 12 years ago
    Grim Reaper said:
    Anonymous1157 said:
    I'm NOT crazy!
    Of course you're not Crazy. You're not even Estonian.

Let's just hope that the Estonian Counsel of Foreign Relations doesn't misunderstand that pun.

Ps. For those of you new to the forum: No, you're probably not stupid. You just have to know who the joke's referring to to get it.
    #
    Death Knight 12 years ago
    You guys are doing a great job! Keep it up, this game is more and more like an experience for all ages, which is always good.
    #
    Amarth 12 years ago
    The feedback button is fun! Hope I haven't caused you too much email overload.

Maybe the feedback text field could be a multiline text input field? Seems like it would encourage people to describe their problems in more detail, which can only help you out.

Anyone else gets choppy gameplay for a few moments after using the feedback button? Some sort of background process while sending the feedback? If that's true, the 'we received your feedback' message window is a bit of a lie.
    #
    ville 12 years ago
    Thanks Amarth, got a lot of great feedback from you! We're reading everything carefully in the coming days.

I've been wanting to make the textbox multiline, but it's a lot of coding. See, there are no good textboxe components available, so I had to make my own. But I know it's very lacking. Fortunately I've made a much better textbox for a game called Ekapeli - I hope to duplicate it here if time permits.

The feedback is sent immediately, and the message you get is actually what the server says to you - you will know when it doesn't work. I think the choppiness is due to the rendering pipeline being flushed when the screenshot is taken, it might make the framerate jump a bit. But it should do that right before you see the feedback screen... Or maybe it's that the framerate is so much higher in the feedback screen that when it goes down again when the game resumes, it fluctuates a bit.

And about that marking forums read, I might do that once work with Driftmoon clears off a bit. Currently it actually lists how many posts you've read per topic, I think listing all topics there would slow it down a bit. There has to be some way of optimizing that.

Edited 12 years ago
    #
    MageKing17 12 years ago
    ville said:
    And about that marking forums read, I might do that once work with Driftmoon clears off a bit. Currently it actually lists how many posts you've read per topic, I think listing all topics there would slow it down a bit. There has to be some way of optimizing that.
    If it's just a regular hashmap, like "<internal ID of 'Testing Topic '>: 110", then I'd think the main slowdown would be when the topics are all initially added, which should be rare, since people would really only be pushing that button once, or maybe once every few months, if they decide they don't want to catch up with everything that's been said after they take a vacation or something.

If you're using some other data structure, of course, ignore me, because I have absolutely zero web 2.0 experience.

...For that matter, I have extremely limited web 1.0 experience. In fact, let's just say I have no idea what I'm talking about most of the time.
    #
    Grim Reaper 12 years ago
    Got logged out again today (previous forced logout was sometime in the past week, guessing thursday or friday)...
    #
    Forum » Testing Topic :)
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: