Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Question about "tattered paper"???? *spoilers*
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Question about "tattered paper"???? *spoilers*

pokinsmot 19 years ago
    I am playing as an android. I found a "tattered paper" in the Ville Corp area in one of those boxes you open with a blow torch. The box had a high health and took awhile to break through.

I am pondering the reason for this peice of paper. The text written on it is something like "death from far away". It makes me think that it deals with some sort of weapon or something.

Does anybody know the significance of this paper? Do I have to be a different race to use it?
    #
    Doogsy 19 years ago
    you have to use an object on it, and yes your on the right track. What weapon deals death from far away...?
    #
    Nephilm 19 years ago
    The turrets of course!

They still kill things even when you are far away!
    #
    Doogsy 19 years ago
    yet they still have a limited range of attack themselves..
    #
    ZeXLR8er 19 years ago
    Yes, what weapon can kill at long distance?

(Note guys, don't give away anything further than what Doogsy is doing. )
    #
    Quanrian 19 years ago
    That's a really old easter egg. Just keep following the clues. Some are more obscure than others, and they do get gradually more hard to figure out. Well at least that way my original intention. Don't feel discouraged if you get stuck, most people did, just most of the forum users have solved that Easter Egg a long time ago. Keep at it, and you might get a surprise
    #
    pokinsmot 19 years ago
    I got it , but I am stuck on the one that says something about "unarmed hands fear not, something something enemies whrought(sp?)"

I beleive that a bioscanner is needed, but I am not sure. If I am wrong please tell me the object. If I am correct, what is a good area to search for the scanner?

Thanks!
    #
    Doogsy 19 years ago
    the key words in this one are "when you whiz by dangers"
    I beleive you may not have found the item that you need. Heres a clue.
    The item you need is in one of the boxes at Ville Corp. Good luck finding it (It can get quite tedious)
    #
    Nephilm 19 years ago
    Does it happen to be an item that consumes ether?

I think I found it by accident while looking for the paper.
    #
    pokinsmot 19 years ago
    Ok, I have gotten upto this one and now I am stumped.
    "Two with a stone, a ball in a box"

I was thinking the pebble shotgun, but it doesn't work. So atoms being a ball, I was thinking the fuel cells, becuase they are radioactive isotopes (or something like that), but that doesn't work either. I also thought that the security box might be it, I have the keycard, but I can't find the box (where is that damned box??). But that's probably not it either. Any help appreciated.
    #
    Doogsy 19 years ago
    "Nephlim" said:
    Does it happen to be an item that consumes ether?
    Yes it does happen to consume ether
    "pokinsmot" said:
    Ok, I have gotten upto this one and now I am stumped.
    Yes, you are very close. You will obtain what you are looking for in a similar way to that in which you obtained the keycard.
    #
    Nephilm 19 years ago
    lol, I got the thing you seek with my human char.
    #
    Quanrian 19 years ago
    Glad you all at least semi-enjoy that scavenger hunt. It's fairly old now since it is from one of my Expansions in the past. Just keep at it. It's actually alot more fun if you figure it out yourself
    #
    MageKing17 19 years ago
    The scavenger hunt is my favorite ending.
    The "unarmed hands fear not" one got me for a while too, but it was worth it.
    #
    Nephilm 19 years ago
    I just found the paper and have been doing good so far, but I am curretntly stuck in the "cracks of time won't hide its age, but some polish will give it grace..." puzzle. I have absolutely no idea what it means.
    #
    Nephilm 19 years ago
    NVM, I figured it out.

That was... unexpected.
    #
    pokinsmot 19 years ago
    I FINALLY GOT ALL OF THEM!!!!

That was crazy, but interesting. It's not everyday you find a scavenger hunt in a game. I wouldn't mind more games actually having this.
    #
    Quanrian 19 years ago
    Not that it is particularily interesting, but I originally planned back than to make several scavenger hunts. That was the only one that made it in and it might be of interest to know that I changed it a bit in 1.2. I'm really glad you guys enjoyed that, I had alot of fun planning that little puzzle within the game out
    #
    ZeXLR8er 19 years ago
    Yes, I remember I really liked it.
    #
    evand 19 years ago
    I found most of the answers byu accident with the file viewer while making notriom easier.

Now all iIHave to Do is find the Tattered Papers.
    #
    Doogsy 19 years ago
    you didnt actually find them then did you, they were handed to you a a silver plate. Quite a difference if you ask me.
    #
    slinking_ferret 19 years ago
    yeah i should do that to what filles were they muhahahahahahaha i will be the ultimate alien

on the topic i have never found a tattered paper where is the easist 1
    #
    Doogsy 19 years ago
    tattered paper can be found somewhere in Ville Corp...
    #
    Marevix 19 years ago
    Try searching the boxes.
    #
    Necropoliz 17 years ago
    Guyz I'm not sure of how old this post is so soz I'f I'll bring it up again, but I'm having real trouble with the cracks of time riddle too, I have no idea of wut it is >.<, any hints or tips?
    #
    Necropoliz 17 years ago
    Soz fur the double posting, I found it out tho it took me long enough, and some one was definetly right, it was unexpected >.<
    #
    Pete 17 years ago
    OW!!!!! Edit button, use the edit button! And dont use words like...

Soz
    fur
    tho
    Guyz
    soz
    I'f
    wut

Please!
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    "Necropoliz" said:
    Guyz I'm not sure of how old this post is
    The date when the post was posted is visible right above the actual post text.

And as Pete already said (although rather differently), IMPROVE THINE SPELLING, HEATHEN!!!
    #
    allkiller 17 years ago
    i'm stuck at the "Two with a stone, a ball in a box" becous the ball i found in the security box is destroyed or is it something else ?
    #
    Aphiberg 17 years ago
    I am stuck on "Noise Pollution was never so deadly"
    #
    Anarion 17 years ago
    That wasn't a spoiler. Hint - for that you should be looking for a weapon that uses sound.
    #
    Starlight 16 years ago
    Hi, I've been following the releases for of notrium for years, but this is the first time I have posted.

I am doing the tattered paper ending, and have meticulously and slowly reached the "two with a stone, a ball in a box..." part of the riddle. I have ruled out any object besides the security box relating to a stone or a ball and figured out it must be that. I have the keycard but I am going INSANE trying to find the security box I am on a spree of attempting to kill every single enemy in the GAME trying to find this bloody thing. Could somebody please point me in the right direction?
    #
    Crazy 16 years ago
    [SHPOILAAAAAGH!] IIRC, you got the security box from the marine HQ and the key for it from one of the marines.

Or was it the other way around? Haven't played in awhile...
    [/SHPOILAAAAAGH!]
    #
    Starlight 16 years ago
    Hmm...

Do you mean the Marine HQ in the ship or the Marine HQ in the bunker?

I have already got the keycard from killing a special (shows up as big dot with biomass detector) marine in the Mining area.

Are you saying that to get the other thing...
    I have to kill every single random marine that I find? Or is it lying on the ground somewhere? Is it a drop? Can I accidentally destroy it?

I have been searching for it for so long =(
    #
    Anarion 16 years ago
    I thought that it was to be found in one of the crates.
    #
    Forum » Question about "tattered paper"???? *spoilers*
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: